Forza Horizon

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#151 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

I believe I've done everything necessary to unlock the custom Gone Gold Viper from the demo. I completed the demo about two weeks ago (around Nov. 13) while logged into Xbox Live (w/ Gold), and received the message that I had unlocked the Viper in the full game if I played the full game on or before Nov. 30. I then put in the full game for the first time yesterday (Nov. 28 - again while logged into Xbox Live w/ Gold), completed the first 4-5 races, and did receive anything in my File Depot under my Messages (but I did receive a pile of in-game rivalry suggestions).

I've also rebooted multiple times, cleared my Xbox 360 system cache, and logged out/in of Xbox live.

Anybody have any ideas?

#152 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

I believe I've done everything necessary to unlock the custom Gone Gold Viper from the demo. I completed the demo about two weeks ago (around Nov. 13) while logged into Xbox Live (w/ Gold), and received the message that I had unlocked the Viper in the full game if I played the full game on or before Nov. 30. I then put in the full game for the first time yesterday (Nov. 28 - again while logged into Xbox Live w/ Gold), completed the first 4-5 races, and did receive anything in my File Depot under my Messages (but I did receive a pile of in-game rivalry suggestions).

I've also rebooted multiple times, cleared my Xbox 360 system cache, and logged out/in of Xbox live.

Anybody have any ideas?

Gold viper? Can I get that still? My MS store copy just arrived here yesterday.

#153 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Gold viper? Can I get that still? My MS store copy just arrived here yesterday.

In theory it's available until Nov. 30 (and the Viper is called "Gone Gold" but is actually white) - you d/l the demo, play it until it pops up a message saying the Viper is unlocked, and then play the full game afterwards until you have access to the Message Center. It should be there, however, there are some folks (including me) that haven't gotten it. You need an Xbox Live Gold account and need to be logged in for both the demo and full game.

Posted Image

#154 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

In theory it's available until Nov. 30 (and the Viper is called "Gone Gold" but is actually white) - you d/l the demo, play it until it pops up a message saying the Viper is unlocked, and then play the full game afterwards until you have access to the Message Center. It should be there, however, there are some folks (including me) that haven't gotten it. You need an Xbox Live Gold account and need to be logged in for both the demo and full game.

Posted Image

Did you get your yellow band? Maybe you get it then when you also get your loyalty cars for playing Forza 4. It's been so long I can't remember for sure. If that doesn't help check the forums at forzamotorsport.net as this has been a problem for others. Maybe you can reach Turn10 that way to get help.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#155 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

Posted Image

is there a time minimum for playing the demo? I can d/l it tonight but dont know if I'll have much time to play.

#156 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Did you get your yellow band? Maybe you get it then when you also get your loyalty cars for playing Forza 4. It's been so long I can't remember for sure. If that doesn't help check the forums at forzamotorsport.net as this has been a problem for others. Maybe you can reach Turn10 that way to get help.

Yeah - I'm up to green and no joy. I'm in contact with one of the community managers so hopefully that'll get things resolved. Great game regardless.

#157 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

I'm going to try playing the demo again tomorrow myself. Neither the Viper nor the Forza loyalty cars unlocked for me. Also gonna try moving my saves to my HDD instead of USB drive and see if that helps.
Spoiler

#158 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

I'm going to try playing the demo again tomorrow myself. Neither the Viper nor the Forza loyalty cars unlocked for me. Also gonna try moving my saves to my HDD instead of USB drive and see if that helps.

It does. I had to restart the game for the loyalty gifts and that ended up being my issue.

#159 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Played the demo again for the 4th time. I tried a suggestion I read online to get it to work (move your saves to the cloud). Then when I started the game it did this whole "synching save locally from cloud" and did the whole damn game intro again for the 3rd time until I got my Yellow Wristband and still no damn Loyalty cars OR car for playing the demo! I know it's small potatoes compared to the overall game experience but damn does something that should be a no-brainer really take the wind out of my sails for playing the game.
Spoiler

#160 impostor71

impostor71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Just got the game as well. GT is "impostor1971". I'll search for CAG and join the car club if there's room for me.

#161 Cephiros

Cephiros

Faux Dancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'm still unsure if I want to buy the season pass. $50 seems like alot even if I did pickup $300 of MS points when they were ringing up $10 at Target.

I mainly got this game because it was hard to pass up for $15 and picked up the steering wheel at Best Buy for $20.00

Cephiros503.png

Cephiros.jpg

#162 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm still unsure if I want to buy the season pass. $50 seems like alot even if I did pickup $300 of MS points when they were ringing up $10 at Target.

I want it, I really want it since they dropped in a new McLaren into this month's car pack but 50 seems a bit much considering this time of year... I'll have to give it some more thought if it doesn't go on sale during the holidays.

The CAG Car Club is up to date again. We had a recorded setting day as like 10 people joined and we now have over 50 members. (Which is rather impressive if you ask me.)

#163 Cephiros

Cephiros

Faux Dancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

I would love to join the CAG car club, my gamer tag is the same as my CAG user name

Cephiros503.png

Cephiros.jpg

#164 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I finally cracked open my copy from the Microsoft Store sale last night. This game is fantastic! Me and 3 friends spent some time in free roam doing some of the challenges to build up credits. Really addictive way to get you to just drive around shooting the shit for hours. Then we played a few of the mini games. Infected is fun as hell, especially when you start mixing fast cars with a small map, haha.

I also sent a join request to the CAG club last night. Not sure if I was in the group that was just added, but my gamertag is n8rocker82.

#165 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Club is current again! (Unless someone snuck in in the last 20 minutes or so.)

Had another great day! Picked up another 6 members! (Guessing everyone's Black Friday orders are coming in now.)

#166 Logg

Logg

Every Time I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Unearth4164 add me please

#167 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

I'll be opening my MS copy tonight as well, my GT is Cydoniac would love to join the car club!

#168 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Skipper Sonne, it'd be nice to be in a CAG community in a game for once. I've been around long enough.

#169 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

I'll be opening my MS copy tonight as well, my GT is Cydoniac would love to join the car club!

Invites cannot be sent to people haven't played the game yet... So its much appreciated that you send requests to join the club. (Search for "CAG" and it should pop up.)

I'll jump on shortly and take care of any backlogs that have formed.

Edit: We are current. The last three thread request all got invites too.

Edited by INMATEofARKHAM, 03 December 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#170 Phased

Phased

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

I'll be joining tomorrow the game is a blast and it's the first racing game I've played since NFS Most Wanted on Gamecube.

#171 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

I submitted a request to join myself. I love the series and this one is unique but fun, sometimes though I wish to skip the cutscenes.

#172 impostor71

impostor71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Thanks for the acceptance ! Great game. Fun stuff. Can we do online races against each other?

#173 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

I submitted a request to join myself. I love the series and this one is unique but fun, sometimes though I wish to skip the cutscenes.

They are only in the beginning so there's not much to endure.

#174 Blandlytasteful

Blandlytasteful

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Sent a request myself. Picked this up during that Microsoft store sale, and I'm having a lot of fun so far.

#175 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Man, i didnt realize we had one, i just put my request in!
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#176 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Man, i didnt realize we had one, i just put my request in!

Club should be current in 10 minutes or so...

Thanks for the acceptance ! Great game. Fun stuff. Can we do online races against each other?

No problem, more the marrier if you as me.

Racing together, yes its very possible but its also sort of a pain as the only way to know who is online is in the car club menu which is only in the single player.

(Though you can send a blanket request for all club members to join your party in MP.)

#177 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Car pack is up, the 1972 whatever car is the free one.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#178 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Car pack is up, the 1972 whatever car is the free one.

1971 AMC Javelin.

Full Trailer

While I appreciate them helping to level the number of European cars vs American I don't really think this was the pack to do it with... I want that McLaren! :D

I'm really, really, hoping that the season pass goes on sale during the Xmas sale... I bought the collector's edition, so while I don't think I overspent do to the amount of enjoyment its given me and the fact that the CE hasn't been on sale anywhere, I do want to get a nice deal on the season pass do to the massive sale the base game has seen.

#179 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

So besides the 1971 AMC Javelin, the 2012 Jeep Rubicon, and the 75 Bel Aire... Are there any other free cars? I am going through and downloading them from the site on my brother's account and didn't know if I missed any.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#180 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Theres the viper from playing the demo and the facebook mustang.
EDIT: Nevermind those have both expired. Here's a good resource for cars in the game.

http://forums.forzam...ad/5814375.aspx

Edited by jdawgg76, 04 December 2012 - 09:03 PM.

Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.