Forza Horizon

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#241 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Inmate, can we try to set up a race night? I haven't been on much thanks to other games, but I need to lay down some rubber :)

#242 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

I'd be down for that. Can't say I'd be the most competitive with not having a whole lot of cars unlocked though.

card.png

#243 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'd be down for that. Can't say I'd be the most competitive with not having a whole lot of cars unlocked though.

Well, we can always run matched cars and/or you can just barrow from the club.

Inmate, can we try to set up a race night? I haven't been on much thanks to other games, but I need to lay down some rubber :)

Well, working graveyard has me at a disadvantage as my nights are very limited... Sundays and Mondays are pretty much it for me. You guys (gals) can always do it without me but I would be willing to do it either night, this week (though holiday weekend) or a week in the future. Just let me know. :)

Anyhow, the club is up to date again. I'm really sorry to the five or so people who had to wait far too long to get in. (I got busy, though not with anything important, and just kept running out of time to add you all. I'm a bad person.)

I uploaded a photo the other day...

http://forzamotorspo...44734&full=true

I'm pretty happy with it... Though it was really difficult to get the McLaren to behave badly like that. It doesn't lose traction easily.

#244 007bond

007bond

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Sent a request to join the CAG car club. Really enjoying the game so far!

#245 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

New car pack out today. Free car is a 95 Mustang.

#246 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

@Inmate

I would love to join the club too. Can you add me up? GT is C55V8.

Thanks! :)

#247 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Has anybody figured out what happens to your movies after you upload them? I'm looking in the "My Forza" tab on the website, but I only see a section for photos. I've got two hilarious videos that I uploaded and I'll be pissed if I lose them.

EDIT - Ok, I think I figured it out. It's just a horribly designed interface. Once you go into your gallery, there's a little sidebar that talks about "big shots" and videos...with a link below to download whichever one you uploaded (of which there's only space for one thing). In addition, it's only stored on their server for 24 hours. So, you basically need to download it immediately if you want to keep it. I guess I'll be uploading the video to Youtube here in a second. Here's a sneak peak of what happened though, lol.

Annnnd...this is what happened, lol

Amazingly, I still won the race. Just glad I was able to roll the car back onto its wheels, haha.

Edited by n8rockerasu, 02 January 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#248 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

I've gotten up to Orange rank recently, and I'm almost at purple where I just discovered that the red dots on my map are the Discount signs I need to destroy. Pretty cool. All you have to do is drive on the road and it appears, so if you miss it there's no worries. This game has so many good design choices like that.

But I did fail one Challenge mission against a Helicopter. I felt like the game just wouldn't let me win that one for some reason. It was frustrating, but I'll try it again at some point.

There's one thing I can't figure out though, and that's how to do Stunt Runs. I can never get anywhere near enough points to pass it.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#249 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

I've gotten up to Orange rank recently, and I'm almost at purple where I just discovered that the red dots on my map are the Discount signs I need to destroy. Pretty cool. All you have to do is drive on the road and it appears, so if you miss it there's no worries. This game has so many good design choices like that.

But I did fail one Challenge mission against a Helicopter. I felt like the game just wouldn't let me win that one for some reason. It was frustrating, but I'll try it again at some point.

There's one thing I can't figure out though, and that's how to do Stunt Runs. I can never get anywhere near enough points to pass it.

Funny you mention stunt runs, since for the longest time I didn't know how to do the PR stunts. Didn't realize you actually had to enter the outposts, since I was thinking you only used those for fast travel.

As far as getting points, it depends on the route. There's a highway route where the only way to get points mostly is via speed and near misses, but a lot of times you can do a combo. The above, running over streets signs and "landscaping", or a potential big gainer in drifting. A mix of those and I think I only failed a stunt run once. And I consider myself pretty average.

Edit: While I think about it, have any of you guys done any custom paints? I've not yet myself since I was still focused on the main game (only recently got pink wristbands), but was thinking of seeing what I could whip up. Granted, my artistic skills are...lacking to put it nicely.

card.png

#250 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I would love to join the club too. Can you add me up? GT is C55V8.

Not sure if you got in or not... we sort of have a problem. There is a limit on the number of members in a club. 100.

So congrats on us getting to 100... Its far more than I thought we would ever get.

That said, its also a bad thing.

I won't remove anyone outright but is there anyone who is done with the game and who no longer needs/wants club access? If so drop a note so I can the club fresh with new blood. :)

#251 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

I'd start with the people that are in the club but haven't played the game. Seems like a lot of lowly ranked gamers who signed up but felt the game wasn't for them. If they're not playing at least within the next month, drop them.

Or you could move them to a second tier CAG club. Like the varsity and the JV. :p

#252 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

I'd start with the people that are in the club but haven't played the game. Seems like a lot of lowly ranked gamers who signed up but felt the game wasn't for them. If they're not playing at least within the next month, drop them.

Or you could move them to a second tier CAG club. Like the varsity and the JV. :p

You're only able to actually join the club on-game so having not played the game isn't an issue. As far as low online ranks are concerned, it could be a number of things. Myself, I tend to prefer playing through the single player before starting the multiplayer, but that's for any game I play.

Although, if we arranged a game night...

card.png

#253 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

I'd start with the people that are in the club but haven't played the game. Seems like a lot of lowly ranked gamers who signed up but felt the game wasn't for them.

You only level up via the online MP, which isn't for everyone, but you can still be a fully functioning member of the club by competing against other club members' times so that doesn't really work out.

I'll leave it as is for now... See if I get any replies. (If that doesn't happen I'll look at again.)

#254 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Yeah, I'm one of those trying to finish the game first before I dive into multiplayer. Don't remove me from the club please, I'll be checking in soon! :bouncy:

#255 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

Ya I haven't played MP yet but love doing the speed traps etc against others times.

#256 diablodeltoro

diablodeltoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

Not sure if you got in or not... we sort of have a problem. There is a limit on the number of members in a club. 100.

So congrats on us getting to 100... Its far more than I thought we would ever get.

That said, its also a bad thing.

I won't remove anyone outright but is there anyone who is done with the game and who no longer needs/wants club access? If so drop a note so I can the club fresh with new blood. :)

I would like to get on whatever waiting list there is to join the club...I'm mostly a single player kind of gamer but I'm really digging this Forza and I'm digging the MP too...so if there's room my GT is olddog9000

#257 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I am liking this game a lot more than I did Forza 4. There's lots to do in this game. Very entertaining single player. I haven't tried MP yet.

Unfortunately my save got trashed when I tried to move it off of cloud storage (it would not let me copy, I had to move it, and something went awry!) so I had to start over, but that's perhaps a testament to the game, because I am enjoying it even though having to start over. I wasn't that far, so that helped.
Posted Image

#258 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

Since the Forza 4 thread is dead I'll ask here: I got the non-VIP Xmas gift in Horizon. Just got around to checking Forza 4 and I had no cars waiting for me (not VIP there either). Did this happen to anyone else? I haven't raced online in FMS4 yet and only played a handful of career races. Since discovering unicorns I've been waiting to see if there would be a Forza sale soon and maybe I'd get the Forza 3 VIP pack to go with my recently acquired FMS3 Ultimate and then restart Forza 4 with a loyalty transfer of several cars and two unicorns I really want. I put off checking for the xmas gift car cause of this thinking we had 30 days to collect it and I was hoping for a xmas sale on forza.

#259 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Since the Forza 4 thread is dead I'll ask here: I got the non-VIP Xmas gift in Horizon. Just got around to checking Forza 4 and I had no cars waiting for me (not VIP there either). Did this happen to anyone else? I haven't raced online in FMS4 yet and only played a handful of career races. Since discovering unicorns I've been waiting to see if there would be a Forza sale soon and maybe I'd get the Forza 3 VIP pack to go with my recently acquired FMS3 Ultimate and then restart Forza 4 with a loyalty transfer of several cars and two unicorns I really want. I put off checking for the xmas gift car cause of this thinking we had 30 days to collect it and I was hoping for a xmas sale on forza.

Would love to see a sale on both season passes... Anyhow, I got mine, but I loaded mine up soon after you told me. A day or two at most. (Though to be honest. I think that stuff sits for a very long time. I was a VIP in Forza 3 too and stopped playing and came back to it more than a year later and gifted me like 10 cars on the spot.

#260 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

I think how they gift cars works differently in Forza 4 and horizon than it did in 3 and before.

#261 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

So on the 15th the Honda Challenge car pack will be released for free.

It includes the 2013 Honda Civic Si Coupe, the HPD Rally Fit, and the 1986 Honda Civic Si Coupe. There's also a track pack as well that I think just serves a contest where you can meet some race driver if you beat his time and also a special photo contest for the 2013 Civic Si where you can win a limited edition 360.

I'm not really a fan of imports, but it's nice to see one of the car companies stepping up and handing out free DLC.
Posted Image

#262 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Well it is only a honduh...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#263 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

So on the 15th the Honda Challenge car pack will be released for free.

It includes the 2013 Honda Civic Si Coupe, the HPD Rally Fit, and the 1986 Honda Civic Si Coupe. There's also a track pack as well that I think just serves a contest where you can meet some race driver if you beat his time and also a special photo contest for the 2013 Civic Si where you can win a limited edition 360.

I'm not really a fan of imports, but it's nice to see one of the car companies stepping up and handing out free DLC.

That's pretty awesome. I'll definitely be looking forward to that. Thanks for the heads up!

#264 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Finally tried the online. Pretty good, but I wish when you are sitting waiting for a race to finish (when you first join), that it would let you watch the race. Move the camera about and such. That would kill time much better then just staring at a lap count.
Posted Image

#265 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

do you even get a lap count?

#266 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Actually not sure. Mine said 3 laps, but I wasn't sure if that was a count, or if it was saying the race was 3 laps.
Posted Image

#267 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

A lap dance would have been a better time killer. :bouncy:

#268 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Yeah, it gives you a lap count for circuits. On street races you're left twiddling your thumbs wondering how much longer though. I really like the online, apart from the few jerks I've come across that cuss up a storm if anyone even comes close to bumping them!

#269 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Honda Challenge Car Pack is out (32.5 MB). Here's the direct link.

http://marketplace.x...0c-47459c0d2558
Posted Image

#270 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

The Honda pack doesn't seem to include a track. It just mentions the 3 cars. I'll take it, though. You do wonder, though, why you have to pay anything at all for any car. It's all advertising, in effect. They should be paying us! :)
Posted Image