• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#211 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Why is that funny? And you can turn off auto-renew through xbox.com

Not in certain states that don't have laws requiring that option.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#212 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

http://www.rollingst...g-that-20121101

Now that's the Ice Cube that gangstalicious wanted to come to his house and kill his parents.

Posted Image

#213 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Breathe in and out slowly. I was laughing at the idea of another Xbox being broken, not the process of auto-renewal/cancelling it.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#214 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

This thing looks really fucking stupid.

#215 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

Didn't think of xbox.com for some reason. Just checked and auto renew is turned off. If MS actually did something like PS+ I'd at least go month to month. I've pretty much shifted to PS3 anyhow

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#216 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Morning, OTT.

Happy Friday!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#217 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

The Nintendo gimmicks always look stupid and while they usually end up being some amount of fun (for a little while anyway), I doubt this is going to take off. It will probably be a small hit early on and then start to fade away.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#218 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

I know it's popular to hate Nintendo, but the main things I don't like about the Wii are that it's SD, and the online sucks. I like 1st party Nintendo games for the most part, and some are downright awesome. So WiiU fixes the first issue for sure, and MAY fix the second. That part remains to be seen.

As far as the new controller. I think it will have it's uses. I like some of the things they came up with, for example you can bring up a web browser on it mid-game, and it will auto-search for stuff about the game you are currently playing. That is pretty cool. I think there will be games that make fun use of it too. So I'm fairly excited by the WiiU. However I am not sure we can afford one right now. :(

#219 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

I could have gotten over a lot of my hate for the system if it just gave me the option to not use motion controls. Why they had to force people to use shitty motion controls is beyond me.

#220 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

I had fun playing Resident Evil 4, Super Mario galaxy, and Zelda on the Wii. And that was it. Another major problem was that the first party (read: good) Nintendo games never dropped in price. After those three the :wii: sat up on the shelf, never to come back down.

Why buy a great nintendo game for $50 when I can get a good :ps3: game for $10?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#221 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

I'm not buying one, but at least they're trying to do something different. They have to compete. The more horsepower game isn't going to work for Nintendo. Creating something new worked well for the Wii, and there were some really great games on there. I still think that Wii Sports was one of the best launch games ever.

#222 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

First party titles weren't brought out often enough and it ultimately ended up being 99% shovelware. That didn't help the console at all.

#223 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm not buying one, but at least they're trying to do something different. They have to compete. The more horsepower game isn't going to work for Nintendo. Creating something new worked well for the Wii, and there were some really great games on there. I still think that Wii Sports was one of the best launch games ever.

Getting hammered and playing bowling is a blast. Wii Sports showed how motion controls could be fun, but I still wish that in traditional controls were implemented in most first party titles. Metroid and Mario were not any fun with motion controls and they were games I really wanted to play.

#224 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I got bored with Zelda because of the shitty graphics (that might have been more the tv i tried to play on) and motion controls. I kept thinking how much more enjoyable the game would have been if I just pressed b to swing the sword.

#225 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

In case you guys are wondering I think that my balls are feeling pretty well. I've gone from questionable to day to day. By Monday I should be a game time decision.

#226 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Motion controls did work when done well and when appropriate for the game. It's when it was misused that it sucked. I really enjoyed playing Wario Land Shake It, for example. That was a really fun game and I felt the motion control part of it worked great.

#227 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Yeah, I've got no intention of buying a Wii U either. there's not much there past the novelty gimmicky and the A+ games are few and far between.

Was supposed to be at work today at noon. Won't make it in until 4 due to the babysitter being sick. But if they think I'm staying the full 8 hours, they're out of their mind.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#228 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Show me youre dick.

#229 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

okay, but only if you show me yours

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#230 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

In case you guys are wondering I think that my balls are feeling pretty well. I've gone from questionable to day to day. By Monday I should be a game time decision.

Did you do it personally on yourself? (That can be done you know). It seems like you are having more pain/discomfort than it seems like you should?

#231 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Glad to hear your balls are doing better...you should probably be ready to start purging any day now.

And I will not be purchasing a Wii U...I need to offset the cost of a new TV I had to buy because of the Wiimote.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#232 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Anyone play Chivalry? The dismemberment thing looks kinda fun.

Posted Image

#233 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Is this a good enough budget box PC for super casual use? My mom needs a desktop for CNN, email, Boggle online, and I guess that's it. Could I go cheaper than this? I'm really bad at this stuff. :c

#234 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Yeah, you could easily find one cheaper than that if that's all she needs it for.

#235 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Finished off Infamous 2 (evil ending. which didnt feel all that evil). I got 90% of the shards and all but 3 of the dead drops. If I was a trophy monger I'd put in the few extra nights to do that. But I'm not. I'd rather just move on a whittle down the backlog.

Will probably start Red Dead Revolver and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 tomorrow night. (I get off too late tonight)

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#236 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Red Dead Revolver? Now, I'm not deep into everything that goes on in gaming these days but isn't that the PS2/Xbox one?

Or did you mean Red Dead Redemption? Or...is THAT the old one in the series!?

#237 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Anyone seen Wreck It Ralph in 3D? Just wanted to know if it's worth it, we're planning on taking the fam' tomorrow.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#238 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Managed to trade-in my repaired Xbox 360 to GameStop for more than twice the normal trade-in price ($45 + the $50 bonus) along with some games to grab XCOM and some other stuff.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#239 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

Anyone play Chivalry? The dismemberment thing looks kinda fun.

Everyone in my clam is talking about Chivalry. They say it's great.

I'm gonna pick it up as soon as it goes on sale.

I got to watch two of the best football games of the season. Both the ND gaame and 'bama were historic.

#240 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Everyone in my clam is talking about Chivalry. They say it's great.

Best typo ever.