Photo
- - - - -

ipad mini vs nexus 7

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I don't see much point in 7" tablets period as I noted earlier. But they sell so a lot of people apparently prefer a smaller, more portable tablet. So at least now they have an iOS option if they prefer that. But I agree that it's way overpriced being so close to the cheapest iPad 2 model (which they're still making).

#62 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

I've owned both 10 and 7 inch tablets like I've said before. Reading on a 10 inch 16:9 tablet just isn't comfortable. I'd say 7-8 inches in the sweet spot.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#63 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I have an iPad 2 that my fiancée is using for school, I use an iPad 3 for browsing, work, and a bunch of other things. I bought a mini not knowing if ill keep it or not. After having used it for the last few days I've decided to keep it as a remote control for my house 8-)

#64 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Yep. Just rehashing our earlier discussion though. I have a kindle for ebook reading and would never buy a 16x9 tablet as I need a bigger 4:3 screen for reading scholarly article PDFs which was the main reason I got a tablet.

I can see a 7" tablet being good for people who aren't bookworms (and thus don't need a Kindle or Nook which is easier on the eyes than LCD) and don't need to read letter sized documents. Nice size for e-books, carrying around for net and e-mail etc. Just doesn't fit my needs, which are admittedly non-typical for most tablet users.

Edited by dmaul1114, 06 November 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#65 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

I bought a iPad mini over the weekend, love it zero complaints. I had a Kindle Fire which was jail broke and all androided up but I sold it after just a couple months of disappointment.

I've never owned a iPad but I prefer this size to the full size version. It feels so natural in your hands versus the larger version. I'll buy the mini 2 next year and sell this one. I considered a Nexus but pairing this with my iPhone 4, iTunes and iCloud was an easy answer for me...

#66 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Has anyone seen a nexus 7 deal at all for this black friday? Even a google play credit would send me over the edge.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#67 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

I've had my nexus 7 for a few weeks now. Have used it all that much but I love it. Got sick of iOS after having an iphone 4 for 2 years. Such a boring operating system even after jailbreaking. Samething with the iPad's. Just boring. They work but the price is competely unecessary for what they do compared to other tablets. I have my nexus 7 rooted and unlocked and I'm using WP8 (Nokia Lumia 920) now. Love em both

Formerly known as slickkill77