Wii U-New Super Mario Bros. U

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 evergoo

evergoo

Proud to be Frugal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Finished the main game and now I'm almost done with Superstar Road.

Overall, this game completely caught me off-guard. All these years, I have been yearning for SMW-like game and this game is it. Difficulty is high, level and map designs are varied, secrets galore, and great implementation of Miiverse. I had to GameFAQs some of the secrets because I grew tired of replaying levels x times. Bravo Nintendo. :applause:

Now bring on a true successor to Yoshi's Island 2. ;)

goo.gif evergoo.png

Recent Game Purchases: X-COM Collection, StreetPass Games Bundle, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Currently Playing: StreetPass Games, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time

My Latest Karaoke Video: Lady Gaga's Just Dance

#32 argyle

argyle

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

I just picked up a Wii-U today and grabbed this as well. The biggest complaint I had heard about it from the gaming press was that it was too much like the other New SMB games, but since I never played those I really didn't care. Gotta say, I'm loving it so far. Classic feel updated just enough, and it's fantastic to be playing a Mario game in HD.

I haven't even touched my other 2 games yet, Nintendoland & Zombie U. The only game that could tear me away from Mario was the Rayman demo. ;)
Posted Image

#33 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

To me the only problem that this game had going against it was NSMB2. Had that game not come out in August, we would've had a few years between this and NSMBW. Instead, Nintendo brought out two new 2D Mario traditional platformers within a few months of each other, bogging down the market.

Hopefully this game will be remembered for a long time. It is an instant classic. It is my second favorite 2D Mario game.

#34 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

New Super Mario Bros. U patch to add Pro Controller support

May 30th, 2013 Posted in News, Posted by Brian, Wii U | No Comments » Nintendo is working on a patch for New Super Mario Bros. U that will arrive right around the same time as New Super Luigi U. While not overly significant, it will allow for a couple of things.
Once applied, the update will allow players to purchase the New Super Luigi U DLC in-game – no trip to the eShop will be necessary. The patch will additionally add Wii U Pro Controller support, giving yet another control option.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#35 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

May 30th, 2013 Posted in News, Posted by Brian, Wii U | No Comments » Nintendo is working on a patch for New Super Mario Bros. U that will arrive right around the same time as New Super Luigi U. While not overly significant, it will allow for a couple of things.
Once applied, the update will allow players to purchase the New Super Luigi U DLC in-game – no trip to the eShop will be necessary. The patch will additionally add Wii U Pro Controller support, giving yet another control option.

This is a remarkably reasonable (if rather late) addition. Should have been included at the start, glad to see them fixing the issue.

#36 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Damn, wish they would've had this in place the first time around. Still, I will be using the Pro Controller with Luigi U.

#37 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

This game is amazing (love being able to play on the gamepad). I play with my kids and we have a blast. Definite must have for any Wii-U owner.

fs_overall.png