Photo
- - - - -

Wii U-ZombiU

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 jr233270

jr233270

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

I really want to get this game. I decided on Mario and Scribblenauts for my two launch games (along with nintendo and seeing as it was a pack-in). Hoping to see a sale on in sometime soon or maybe someone will trade me their copy :)

#32 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

I've only played a couple 20 mins sessions and its been awhile since I've played a game that makes you feel so vulnerable and tense. I'm enjoying it but I can easily understand why someone wouldn't. Afterwards it does make me want to play another zombie game where I can do the opposite and just shoot up some zombies.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Interesting. Made it to the first

Spoiler
and died. Second survivor made it 30 seconds.

I found if you
Spoiler

0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#34 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Loving the game. Sure the cricket bat combat is a bit repetitive but the gameplay is pretty engrossing. I'm on my 4th survivor now. I didn't realize this happens but during my playing I've ran across some other players zombified selves. Killed them and got some pretty good loot! Fun game! Sucks when you die because it auto saves instantly!

#35 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

Picked up the game today. 4 hours in and I am loving it. I've died around 3 times but it was mostly due to being careless when it came to trying to boost my handgun by getting headshots on everything. Sadly this cost me my character that had the Silenced Pistol & Crossbow (died again trying to get to the corpse)

538822.png

#36 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

I just finished the game last night and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. The atmosphere and gameplay is pretty good. But there are other things that really hurt the experience for me.

The map/quick travel system is frustrating and there are missions toward the end where you backtrack and have to find certain items. I was having trouble finding one in particular and in that level once you get to a certain area you can't go back. You have to progress through the level to get to a quick travel point to then get back to the beginning. It's little but just annoying.

And also don't jump off anything even remotely high cause that's instant death. I jumped off a dock into water that wasn't that high and boom, dead.

There is a good game in there but I can see why this got mixed reviews.

#37 Vedder

Vedder

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Anybody have any experience playing this with a pro controller versus using just the game pad? I assume I can use one or the other and don't need to use both together? Which is better? I haven't been able to find a pro controller. Can I just use my classic controller and Wii remote from the old old Wii? Haven't bought the game yet but planning ahead.

#38 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Anybody have any experience playing this with a pro controller versus using just the game pad? I assume I can use one or the other and don't need to use both together? Which is better? I haven't been able to find a pro controller. Can I just use my classic controller and Wii remote from the old old Wii? Haven't bought the game yet but planning ahead.

you will still have to use the gamepad because of the scanning/checking for zombies on the map.

Also you need the new pro controller the old one doesn't work with WiiU games.

#39 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

I'm pretty sure you need to just use the gamepad, it doesn't work with the pro controller.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#40 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

I'm pretty sure you need to just use the gamepad, it doesn't work with the pro controller.

it says you can on the back of the game case probably use pro controller for walking and attacking and gamepad for map/scanning/inventory.

went through 5 survivors and beat the game when you learn to exploit finish kills by leading zombies to low area's/ pushing them you can coast through the game with the paddle.

#41 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

On my fifth survivor now and I don't think I am that far into the game. Playing on Normal difficulty. There seems to be only two settings - easy and normal. Maybe there is a hard mode after you beat the game or the single survivor mode is considered the hard mode? The game is a blast so far. It really cranks up the tension.

#42 decko5

decko5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Really wish there were other melee weapons in this game. About 7 hours in and on my 12th survivor. I've died under some really frustrating conditions. Such as being blown up by a zombie I didn't know COULD blow up. Another is where the zombie was crawling under water and needed only 1 more hit to die but I could not hit it because I could not see it.

Fun game but some minor annoyances.

#43 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Really wish there were other melee weapons in this game. About 7 hours in and on my 12th survivor. I've died under some really frustrating conditions. Such as being blown up by a zombie I didn't know COULD blow up. Another is where the zombie was crawling under water and needed only 1 more hit to die but I could not hit it because I could not see it.

Fun game but some minor annoyances.

Those explosive zombies account for at least 4 of my deaths. Its so instinctive to just swing at any zombie you see, but I always fail to notice the gas tank until halfway through my swing.

I beat the game and am pretty disappointed. The final game sequence happens after the credits, and if you die, you cant use your save anymore, you just get the bad ending. The narrative rushes you through and makes you think you can ignore the zombies, but sadly I got stuck a broken ladder sequence (kept getting pulled off even though zombies were nowhere near). I died pretty quickly after that.

Other than that, I've enjoyed this game much more than anything else on the Wii U (even better than RE6). It makes me wish Dead Island was coming out on the Wii U as i'm also a huge fan of DI and I think the game would benefit greatly from implementing some of the systems Zombiu uses

538822.png

#44 decko5

decko5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Those explosive zombies account for at least 4 of my deaths. Its so instinctive to just swing at any zombie you see, but I always fail to notice the gas tank until halfway through my swing.

I beat the game and am pretty disappointed. The final game sequence happens after the credits, and if you die, you cant use your save anymore, you just get the bad ending. The narrative rushes you through and makes you think you can ignore the zombies, but sadly I got stuck a broken ladder sequence (kept getting pulled off even though zombies were nowhere near). I died pretty quickly after that.

Other than that, I've enjoyed this game much more than anything else on the Wii U (even better than RE6). It makes me wish Dead Island was coming out on the Wii U as i'm also a huge fan of DI and I think the game would benefit greatly from implementing some of the systems Zombiu uses

I don't know if I am as disappointed because I didn't really have such high expectations for this game. I think it starts off pretty slow. Using the map is also extremely annoying in my opinion. Overall pretty surprised actually. I expect this gets a really good sequel like Red Steel did.

I need to finish it tonight because my listing on eBay already sold. Essentially traded it in while it still has value. Going to pick up Mario.

#45 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

So the message that said 'Meet here Wednesday' now reads 'I am infected. Come find my stuff' or something similar. Has anyone found anything?

#46 CHADSTONe

CHADSTONe

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

it says you can on the back of the game case probably use pro controller for walking and attacking and gamepad for map/scanning/inventory.

went through 5 survivors and beat the game when you learn to exploit finish kills by leading zombies to low area's/ pushing them you can coast through the game with the paddle.

Pro controller is for multiplayer only.

#47 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Pro controller is for multiplayer only.

ahh okay never tried using was just a guess

#48 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

I need some of you to friend me so I can loot your zombies when they attack me. :) Someone on my list though put about 20 zombies in my game so that should help, heh. I just had a battle with a horde and lost most of my good gear because I couldn't get back to my previous body/zombie.

#49 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

If anyone is interested, I've been doing a walkthrough of the game with the GamePad screen view:

#50 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:52 AM

Played multiplayer today with my roommate and its fantastic! Kinda wish you could play with more than 1 v 1 though. Also wished they had more explanation on the CTF mode because we kinda had no idea what was going on. Definitely glad I picked this up though.

#51 GameNChick

GameNChick

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

A friend was over for a few days and I watched him finish the game. I have to say the game is really fun. On my playthrough on my account,I believe I'm about halfway through it, so I gotta a lot ahead of me but this game is really good.

Spoiler

#52 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Girlfriend bought this game for me for Christmas, which helped me avoid having to rent it.

Gotta say, I''m loving it. Plenty of tense moments, especially in the
Spoiler
, holy crap! I think I'm about 3/4 of the way through the game and really hitting my groove. I'm on my 14th survivor, but my current one has survived for 4 or 5 hours.

Can't wait to start a new game now that I'm used to the controls, and level up my weapon skills.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#53 dudejapan

dudejapan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

i want/wanted to like this game but that hasn't been the case.
its basically like a poor mans left 4 dead.
ubsoft basically said hey remember that zombie game every one loves?
well we got that its just not nearly as good or nearly as much fun, but ur gonna buy it anyway cuz the wii u just launched and ur gonna want games for it.
U do want games don't u?
Sureeee u do so here is a sub par one for u.
*takes monies and kicks a puppy on their way out*

#54 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

i want/wanted to like this game but that hasn't been the case.
its basically like a poor mans left 4 dead.
ubsoft basically said hey remember that zombie game every one loves?
well we got that its just not nearly as good or nearly as much fun, but ur gonna buy it anyway cuz the wii u just launched and ur gonna want games for it.
U do want games don't u?
Sureeee u do so here is a sub par one for u.
*takes monies and kicks a puppy on their way out*

The only thing this and L4D have in common is zombies and shooting. That's about it.

L4D is a multiplayer co-op style zombie arcade-ish shooter. ZombiU is true survival horror - dark environments, sparse ammo, a feeling of isolation and anxiety, etc. etc. L4D had some of that, but ZombieU feels scarier and much more intense.

That's not a knock against L4D, which is incredibly fun and a blast to play, but calling ZombiU a poor man's L4D is a bit shortsighted, IMO.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#55 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Ah well, I wasn't a huge fan but I saw potential. I was hoping it could be like Red Steel 2 where the first one was mediocre but the second was actually really good:

ZombiU Wasn't Profitable, No Sequel Planned "We hope [the Wii U] will take off."
by Luke Karmali
July 8, 2013

Ubisoft isn't planning to make a sequel to ZombiU after the game failed to make a profit.

Talking to Games Industry, the company's CEO Yves Guillemot revealed that the Wii U-exclusive wasn't even close to making a profit, which in turn means there are no plans for a sequel.

This is at odds with what the company said back in May; it was mentioned then that a prototype was being worked on by Ubisoft Montpelier. However, seeing as the studio is only just finished with Rayman Legends, it's unlikely to be very far along with a new project, and Guillemot's comments suggest it's unlikely to be greenlit anyway.

In addition, the relative failure of the game was largely responsible for the company reassessing its views on Rayman Legends' exclusivity.

"We must find a way to ensure the creativity of those games could have a big enough audience," he said. "We hope [the Wii U] will take off. At the moment, we've said 'let's do through Christmas and see where we are from there.'"

ZombiU proved critically divisive when it launched alongside the Wii U last year - IGN's review gave it a 6.3, but other critics fell in love with its harsh, almost Dark Souls-y survival horror. Its Metacritic aggregate score currently sits at 77.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#56 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

The fact that this game, probably the highest-profile 3rd party WiiU game for launch and a few months afterward, wasn't even close to making a profit explains absolutely everything about why 3rd parties have fled from WiiU.  Sad state of affairs.

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#57 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

You can't "flee" if you're not there to begin with

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#58 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

So Ubi is giving them through this holiday to turn things around. That's probably because stuff already in development is so far along. With the other consoles launching, few 1st party games that people want, and Nintendo saying "no price drop", I don't see much chance of a turn around.

So then what? Do they keep going with few games and bad sales for 5 years and launch Wii U2 when the next next consoles launch or do they replace the Wii U in a year or two and launch in some kind of weird mid generation place?

#59 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

You can't "flee" if you're not there to begin with

There were some there.  EA for example.  Now they aren't even putting Madden on it.

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#60 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

There were some there.  EA for example.  Now they aren't even putting Madden on it.

EA is odd, like still putting out FIFA 14 for the Wii and 3DS, but not for Wii U.  I doubt a copy and paste job like they've done before would cost them much to do the same for another Madden on Wii U.

Ubisoft has been the only real true third party supporter for the Wii U (and most of the Wii's last years), so when you read news that even they are pulling back their support, the stakes for this holiday season seem much higher.