Wii U-The Wonderful 101

Erad30

CAGiversary!
The-Wonderful-101-660x350.jpg

No contest, this is the Wii U title I am currently most excited about. It should be out within the launch window so hopefully we won't be waiting too long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XzUct7SpdE

I don't really understand how this game plays. The trailer leaves me confused. Is it an action game or a turn-by-turn thing or an RTS or something else? I guess I need to try the demo.

I don't really understand how this game plays. The trailer leaves me confused. Is it an action game or a turn-by-turn thing or an RTS or something else? I guess I need to try the demo.
I think it's an action game but you control a ton of heroes who I guess are like RTS units that combine to make bigger things.

I wouldn't trust the reviews on this one, as I anticipate a highly divided set of opinions.  I tried the demo, and while I loved the crazyness that was Bayonetta, I really disliked the demo of 101.

There seemed to be too much going on at once, and would even lose my character on the screen from time to time.  Couple that with some forced used of the screen pad, and questionable QTEs, and I'm out until a hefty price drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
We enjoyed the demo, but got stuck in one place where it wouldn't let us get to the last guy to save him... at least not in an obvious way. Didn't pick the game up after that, although we were going to buy it up to that point... just not worth the frustration.

I loved the demo.  I did get stuck at the door code part for a few minutes, until I realized that the Wii U is built around multiple screens and looked at my TV...yeah, not one of my brightest gaming moments.

Using the stylus is way too cumbersome to get combos with.  Once I figured out the analog stick controls and how to have multiple Unite Morphs on screen at once it was really fun.  I can see myself getting frustrated at poorly explained puzzles/bad signposting though.

I was going to wait until a price drop, but GOD DAMMIT if there is one game this holiday season that is tailored to my tastes, it's this game.  Got my GS preorder text earlier. :D

Picked this up yesterday and we're having a BLAST with it.  Hilarious dialogue/cutscenes, tight gameplay and tons of secrets to find...this will be my main game for many weeks to come.  This game is hard as balls but fair on Normal; I won't be going for Platinum ratings until I've powered up my Unites and fully studied the enemy patterns.

We haven't tried the multiplayer yet but probably will tonight after my daughter comes home from school.

I've only played the opening level, but man was it fun. It might be a bit before I really get into it I want to finish one or two other games I have on the backlog first.

Going to probably get this tomorrow with the trade two get it for $10 deal, though I'm really tempted to get it at target during B2G1 free.

I really wanted to like this, but the demo kind of put me off. If I can swing Rayman, W101, and (placeholder swapped for Wind Waker HD), I may get it, otherwise I'll wait for the inevitable price drop and/or Black Friday.

I loved the demo. I did get stuck at the door code part for a few minutes, until I realized that the Wii U is built around multiple screens and looked at my TV...yeah, not one of my brightest gaming moments.

Using the stylus is way too cumbersome to get combos with. Once I figured out the analog stick controls and how to have multiple Unite Morphs on screen at once it was really fun. I can see myself getting frustrated at poorly explained puzzles/bad signposting though.

I was going to wait until a price drop, but GOD DAMMIT if there is one game this holiday season that is tailored to my tastes, it's this game. Got my GS preorder text earlier. :D
Oh this has analog controls? I tried the demo, but the touchscreen controls were kinda weird and hard to hand for me. I will defiantly have to give this a go with analog controls sometime.

Finally getting into this game now, really enjoying it so far, in fact a made a fanvid, enjoy:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/8rO7XtyWfpI[/youtube]

Someone should kick polygon in the ovaries.

Wow, just got done reading that review...sounds like the reviewer banged out the campaign over a weekend and didn't try to actually learn how the game actually works.

Plus Polygon are well known Microsoft shills so yeah, not really trusting their opinion on anything.

bread's done
Back