Mass Effect 3 CE $19.99 at Gamestop *PS3 Only

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#31 Agent ShortBus

Agent ShortBus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

$2.97 a gallon over here (Yukon, Oklahoma)

Damn that sounds nice lol $4.05 is the cheapest I've seen it around here lately, just a couple days ago it was $4.55+

#32 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Damn that sounds nice lol $4.05 is the cheapest I've seen it around here lately, just a couple days ago it was $4.55+

dang, and I thought I had it bad at $3.65
Posted Image

#33 NzumbeKiller

NzumbeKiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Try PMing to BB, if they have it in stock. I think I might do that bc according to the website, none of the nearest GSs are coming up for me

Best Buy is showing OOS. Oh well, I need the extra pocket change for Black Friday anyway.
Thanks for the idea though.

#34 raiser

raiser

CAG-Zombie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

And 4.25 is after it dropped couple days ago from 4.9.
Sigh...
And it takes literally 40 minutes to wait to fill up at Costco.

Hint: Save Gas/Time (=Money) by never waiting in line at Costco Gas. Go before the retail store opens in the morning (6:30-10am) instead of after work at 5pm or weekends when everyone and their grandmother is out shopping at Costco.

Of course I say that knowing there are two Costco's within 2 miles of my house... If you have to drive 20 minutes to get there and then wait in line 40 minutes it kind of defeats the savings, no?

#35 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Hint: Save Gas/Time (=Money) by never waiting in line at Costco Gas. Go before the retail store opens in the morning (6:30-10am) instead of after work at 5pm or weekends when everyone and their grandmother is out shopping at Costco.

Of course I say that knowing there are two Costco's within 2 miles of my house... If you have to drive 20 minutes to get there and then wait in line 40 minutes it kind of defeats the savings, no?

That's great advice, thanks. And yes it does defeat the purpose, so I try to plan it out so that I can make it to the weekend that I go to Costco for groceries, which is at two week intervals.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#36 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

I would love to go grab this after work if gas weren't so god damn expensive right now.

Edited by XzMrHitDatHoezX, 26 October 2012 - 02:57 AM.
i made a fudgy

#37 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

Gas around here is $3.99. I would love to pay that OKC rate. That's insane.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#38 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

Gas around here is $3.99. I would love to pay that OKC rate. That's insane.

Yeah we have some of the highest in the US. And its 3.99 now but damn last couple weeks it was 4.10. I pay 4.09 still cause I use 87 :)

#39 Agent ShortBus

Agent ShortBus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

Haha this thread is now about

Posted Image

#40 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

I decided to pick one up and I have to say Im a bit disappointed in this CE...theres really not much in it lol...but for 19.99...I had some credit...why not? guess I could always trade the game into BB for 16 and keep the extras.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#41 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

Totally going back to get my $10 difference.
I was debating on keeping or not but for $20 why not?
I can enjoy MP until Jan rolls in and the trilogy comes out.

I need to trade in my PS3 on Sunday anyways.

#42 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

Totally going back to get my $10 difference.
I was debating on keeping or not but for $20 why not?
I can enjoy MP until Jan rolls in and the trilogy comes out.

I need to trade in my PS3 on Sunday anyways.

Why is everyone getting this if they about to release the trilogy edition? ( i dont like the packaging besides the outer box)

Once the trilogy is released, will the CE brand new sealed drop in price?

FYI- I saw gs employee putting the sticker on the CE and said that they dont have the other stuff. YMMV i guess but good to call and see if they have all the ce stuff.

#43 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:58 AM

Why is everyone getting this if they about to release the trilogy edition? ( i dont like the packaging besides the outer box)

FYI- I saw gs employee putting the sticker on the CE and said that they dont have the other stuff. YMMV i guess but good to call and see if they have all the ce stuff.

Oh, when said drop in price, i mean will the ce be more rare like mass effect 1 ce? Deciding if i should sell it or wait it out and sell later down the road.

#44 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

I like the steelbook and I have no idea if the trilogy will include ME3 DLC content or not.
I figure by the time it releases I can probably trade it in for $10 or something depending on promotion.
$10 for DLC and the ability to play MP for the next 2 months seem worth it to me.

#45 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

every GS near me says low stock, probably means its hit or miss.

#46 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

I like the steelbook and I have no idea if the trilogy will include ME3 DLC content or not.
I figure by the time it releases I can probably trade it in for $10 or something depending on promotion.
$10 for DLC and the ability to play MP for the next 2 months seem worth it to me.

GS said that there is no dlc. Its the same 3 games, but repackaged release on both consoles. I dont know if its true

#47 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

omg my CE was sealed not gutted

#48 burz88

burz88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Oh, when said drop in price, i mean will the ce be more rare like mass effect 1 ce? Deciding if i should sell it or wait it out and sell later down the road.

This CE has been readily available for below msrp since launch. Neither of the first two were that way. So i have no idea why you'd think this will rise in value or become rare. They probably made boat loads of these.

#49 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

GS said that there is no dlc. Its the same 3 games, but repackaged release on both consoles. I dont know if its true

The Mass Effect Trilogy DLC included differs depending on the platform, and of the ones detailed so far (PC/360) much of it is not included. Details about the PS3 version have not yet been revealed, but I would assume the worst (I bought the $10 Best Buy Collector's Edition for the From Ashes code just in case).

:pc:: ME1 Bring Down the Sky, Pinnacle Station; ME2 Cerberus Pass; ME3 online pass
:360:: ME1 nothing, ME2 Cerberus Pass; ME3 online pass
:ps3:: ME1 ???, ME2 ???, ME3 ???

Note missing ME2 [Kasumi, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker] (on-disc on existing version of :ps3: ME2), ME2 Arrival; ME3 From Ashes, Leviathan, Omega.

Also note that :ps3: ME3 Collector's Edition steelbook is DVD sized (larger case like :360: games) rather than Blu-ray sized, if that bothers you (it bothers me!).

Edited by phoenixlau, 26 October 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#50 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Why not? The CE comes with DLC, an art book and different packaging. The trilogy would have been a no brainer for me, but I think I read that ME1 would be a voucher code to download. Considering I already own ME2 and ME3 on disc, getting it serves no purpose to me as I can just buy ME1 straight off PSN

As for the CE dropping in price, its already rare as it is. The only store Ive seen near me carry it in the last couple of weeks is WM. Id say anyone that is remotely interested and can find it at this price to pick it up bc odds of getting it in a couple of months drop
Posted Image

#51 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Cant believe I paid $80 for this at release....

#52 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

Cant believe I paid $80 for this at release....

I would gladly do it again. $80 to get: $60 base game, $10 From Ashes DLC, $10 for weapons, clothes, robot dog, avatar prop, digital soundtrack, lithograph, patch, art book, and comic book. And I can't discount the fact that I was able to play through the game spoiler free (I didn't visit any websites that were remotely video game related for five days) was well worth the $80 asking price.

Now for these people who pay $150 for Collector's Editions just because it includes some plastic figurines? That to me is a ripoff, but to each their own.

Edited by Bosamba, 26 October 2012 - 02:53 PM.

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#53 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

wish I would of seen this yesterday, probably too late to get it now by the time I get off work. Website says instock (not low stock) for my store, but I called and they said they didn't have any in stock which seems fishy.

Guardian_owl.png

#54 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Wish I would've known about this yesterday. I was at GS trading in a few games. Would've definitely picked it up while I was there. Oh well. Just another reason to go look at games 8-)
Posted Image

#55 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Reasons I'm not getting the trilogy:

-Mass Effect 1 is a good but glitchy and unpolished game compared to the second and third.
-Mass Effect 2 has insane loading screens. I'm not going to ever replay it again because of those damn 50 second loacing screens.

So that leaves only the third I want to play. Why would I spend $60 on the trilogy when I can play what I want for $20?

#56 ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Thanks OP! Picked up a CE at my local GS. Was sealed and not gutted =)
There are a few left in the Orlando Fl area in case anyone is still searching.

Cheers

#57 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

I managed to go to the closest GS near me which had it while at work today. Unfortunately it was a floor copy, but since it was the only one in stock, I took it. The slips not in the best condition but artbook and steel case weren’t open so I was fine with that. Now just need to go trade in my standard ME at BB during the 100% credit.

On a side note, this was the first purchase I made at a GS in god knows how long. Guy was nice but I got annoyed with how many stuff he was trying to sell me. I just politely told him I was only here for this CE. Glad he was cool and wasn’t pushy as Ive heard that some have experienced in the past
Posted Image

#58 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

I have no regrets paying $80 for the CE at launch either. Granted I have never finished the campaign, and havent touched the game since easter weekend lol.

#59 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

$2.97 a gallon over here (Yukon, Oklahoma)

Small world! I got to Yukon & Mustang all the time for work (cover high school football games). Live in Norman myself!

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#60 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Shit. Will probably jump on this if I can find one in stock. I already have the game for 360 so I'd probably just want to keep all the goodies and toss the game over to Best Buy for $16.