[Dead]9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (DS) $16.99 - Amazon

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Just an update, I ordered directly from Aksys on 10/26 for $20 via Paypal with free shipping. Game arrived yesterday (10/30). Cheaper is certainly better, but $20 new from the publisher themselves isn't bad at all for anyone who still wants it.

Yeah I'd say a few bucks extra for a game like this and you wont regret it a bit. $20 is still a deal. Just buy it (assuming you like the genre).

#32 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I got it from the OP before it sold out originally, and I just beat it last night and got my first ending. I highly recommend it if you like story-driven games and mystery. I will use caution though: there is a LOT of text reading in this game. If you are one of those gamers that hates reading line after line of text, I'd probably stay away. 90% of the game is spent reading. There is one part in the game where there is literally 45 minutes straight of text conversation. No exaggeration either. I was playing at 12 midnight, and when the conversation ended, it was like 12:45.

Also, if you don't like story-driven games then stay away.

#33 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

It's a visual novel.

#34 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

I regret not playing this before Zero Escape. As much as I love the latter, it's referencing and spoiling a LOT of the first game for me.
Posted Image

#35 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Basically, I find the term a little pretentious for a video game, but if someone doesn't know that going it, it could be a little bit of a culture shock.

#36 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

This game is amazing. And for those who loved and/or enjoy 999, I can't recommend enough to get Virtue's Last Reward. If you have a 3DS and Vita, I heavily recommend the Vita version. It's less buggier and has screenshot feature which I find incredible useful (though I only remember that feature after I beat the whole game.)

#37 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

It's back again. 10 in stock with more on the way.

#38 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

picked it up ty.

#39 ISHCM

ISHCM

B. Luu and the B. Cats!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

Back in stock for $19.99

http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#40 jw430

jw430

Some say...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Just started playing my copy from the last sale (14.99). I am absolutely loving it and I'm a few hours in. Zero Escape is sitting on my shelf, waiting for me to finish 999. I can't believe I waited so long to play a game like this. Definitely a must buy.

I suggest you to find a guide after beating the game, if you did not get the "true" ending yet. It took me forever to figure it out by myself.

#41 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

I suggest you to find a guide after beating the game, if you did not get the "true" ending yet. It took me forever to figure it out by myself.

I'd say do a minimum of two, if not three, playthroughs before using a guide. And when you do, don't use a full guide. Here's a link to a chart like I used while playing the game, just gives you what choices lead to what endings and nothing more. http://img831.images.../6823/999zo.jpg

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Mass Effect 3, Super Mario World, FIFA 13