Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#33 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

CAG vs GAF! :)

My indifference will go a long way in winning this battle.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#34 HansKaosu

HansKaosu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

The way to play Xcom is Ironman mode.. but its not recommended for the faint for heart.

Twitter: FuurinRei

#35 shafnitz

shafnitz

G100,000 - 5/16/2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Regarding the iPad Mini:

I don't want to say that Wombat is wrong that there's no point to the iPad Mini. I just want to point out that when the iPad was announced, everyone said the same thing. No one understood why you needed something bigger than a smartphone but smaller than a laptop.

Although I won't be buying one, I can see the usefulness of carrying around the Mini (with cell data) and leaving the bigger iPad (Wifi only) at home for around the house.

Shafnitz.png

#36 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

I think the iPad Mini makes sense because a regular iPad is really big and the Kindle Fire and Nexus tablets have been very popular, but that 1024 x 768 resolution is pathetic for an 7.9 inch tablet in an age where phones have 720p screens.

Keighley describes himself as a "videogame journalist" on his twitter page, and any sympathy I had for Lauren Wainwright vanished when she make bullshit claims of libel and cost an actual journalist his job. She has also reviewed Square-Enix games in the past despite claiming she never did.

http://wosland.podga...wright-profile/

And Cheapy, NeoGAF is not just a videogame message board. It's a guy's career and livelihood, just like CAG is for you. While I agree that a permanent ban is too harsh, the guy who runs GAF has good reason for wanting to keep publishers and retailers at arm's length which he explained in the Amazon DD sales thread.

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=4228

Edited by Curufinwe, 26 October 2012 - 08:27 PM.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#37 pmp1986

pmp1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

I have the same hope for the Surface with Win 8 pro as Wombat does. I will be interested in it if it is as good as a laptop (ie full OS) with tablet function as well as mouse and keyboard support. It would hopefully act as a second (obviously less powered) pc for me.

Also hey Wombat I want a Walking Dead Code for Xbox my twitter handle is @kvodden

#38 Bojizzle

Bojizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

By the end of that conversation, the word "Muppet" lost all meaning

#39 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

The reason they haven't gone full speed ahead on more live action DC television shows likely is because of the tons of superhero shows which have crashed and burned or failed to get past pilot stage (due to awfulness) in the wake of the breakout of Heroes in 2006. Heroes itself dipped in quality and began to crash and burn after only one year on the air.

They have the hero (except for all the annoying narration) and supporting characters nailed pretty well on Arrow though so far the villains have been pretty one-dimensional/lackluster. I mean, for instance from the latest episode, of all the things to skimp on, off-brand smoke detectors? Can it really cost that much more to get functional smoke detectors?

Guardian_owl.png

#40 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

The reason they haven't gone full speed ahead on more live action DC television shows likely is because of the tons of superhero shows which have crashed and burned or failed to get past pilot stage (due to awfulness) in the wake of the breakout of Heroes in 2006. Heroes itself dipped in quality and began to crash and burn after only one year on the air.

They have the hero (except for all the annoying narration) and supporting characters nailed pretty well on Arrow though so far the villains have been pretty one-dimensional/lackluster. I mean, for instance from the latest episode, of all the things to skimp on, off-brand smoke detectors? Can it really cost that much more to get functional smoke detectors?

Didn't they do a Wonder Woman Pilot within the last year right? Also I've never heard of elongated man. Doesn't DC have Plastic Man, why would they need two guys with the same power? btw thorbahn3 follows wombat on twitter and wants episdoe 4 of walking dead for 360.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#41 stonefry

stonefry

Not stoned or fried!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Wombat. I love you. I am already following you on Twitter because I am your biggest fan. I am not just saying this because I want Walking Dead Episode 4. That's just a coincidence. If I don't win, would you consider sending me a lock of your hair. Let me know. Thanks.

#42 jr233270

jr233270

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Wombat, I too would love that code and I am following you on Twitter. My Twitter name is "@JonRosenau" (bet you can't guess my name).

Also, in terms of constructive criticism, I think you need to say more stuff that adds to the BS Quarterly. My favorite part of the show is listening to you and CheapyD bicker over the things you say

#43 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Didn't they do a Wonder Woman Pilot within the last year right? Also I've never heard of elongated man. Doesn't DC have Plastic Man, why would they need two guys with the same power? btw thorbahn3 follows wombat on twitter and wants episdoe 4 of walking dead for 360.

The Wonder Woman pilot... *shudder* Thank goodness that never made it to airing.

Speaking of *shudder*ing, I beat Medal of Honor Warfighter's single-player yesterday (got it as a Redbox rental). And man,
Spoiler

#44 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Arrow? Why is everyone acting like it's some new big unheard of thing. The Green Arrow was in like 5 seasons out of 10 of Smallville.

#45 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Anyone else always laughing along with Wombat's pop culture/Simpsons references? Cheapy and Ship either aren't catching them or possibly ignoring them.

And I am following Wombat and would take Walking Dead ep 4 if chosen.
Posted Image

#46 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

Nice show guys I laughed and cried a few times. Wombat I've been following you on twitter for a long time. I'll gladly take a Waking Dead ep 4 code
Twitter handle @kube00

Edited by kube00, 27 October 2012 - 02:15 AM.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#47 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

It's not a proper CAGcast without Cheapy burping at some point. Does he drink a lot of soda during the show or something?

And I wouldn't mind getting that Walking Dead code, Wombat! @Chronis676

11317.png

#48 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

I totally check my followers on Twitter all the time like Wombat. I admit I feel a little heartbroken when I longtime follower decides to remove me from his or her feed. ><

(By that I mean people I've had conversations with on twitter or in person. Not random people.)

#49 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Nice mention of Psi-Ops Ship, one of the only reasons I still have a PS2. I always wanted to play RAD, maybe we'll get an HD reboot someday.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#50 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

Great show as always guys.

Shipwreck, did you mean to say you watched Comic Book Men on Netflix? In the CAGcast I swear you said Hulu and I can't find it anywhere on there. I was hoping to catch the second season somewhere online.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has trouble loading the new Xbox dashboard. I've given up trying to see my friends' avatars because of how slow everything is.

Posted Image

How much RAM does it have?
Posted Image

#51 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Great show as always guys.

Shipwreck, did you mean to say you watched Comic Book Men on Netflix? In the CAGcast I swear you said Hulu and I can't find it anywhere on there. I was hoping to catch the second season somewhere online.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has trouble loading the new Xbox dashboard. I've given up trying to see my friends' avatars because of how slow everything is.

How much RAM does it have?

Oops, Comic Book Men was on Netflix.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#52 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

BTW, I've been to their store a few times. The last time I was there I told Walt I really like listening to him on Smodcast and then bought Walking Dead vol 1 & 2. Kinda funny since he went on to do his own podcast and then have a show that follows Walking Dead.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#53 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Always a great show and I listen every week.

However, I was really surprised by your attitude towards Lauren Wainwright. The idea that she is just a beginner is patronizing at best, outright sexist at worse. No matter what you think of her behavior, treating any criticism of a peer in the industry as "meanness" when nothing the Eurogamer article said was the least bit cruel or untrue (in fact the reality was far worse, she has reviewed games by Square Enix and not disclosed her connection to the company), is not doing them justice. Saying you would treat a twenty-five year old woman differently than an older man is a vicious double standard that respects neither party.

#54 davucini

davucini

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hey Cheapy did you work for this guy

http://observer.com/...t-gva-williams/

Parole Denied for Former Assistant at GVA Williams

Posted Image
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life

#55 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

But Spoilers season 1 with Kevin Smith was/still is on Hulu. Kevin takes a bunch of people to a summer movie and the show is about their discussion with spoilers of it after, and special guest stars.

When Cheapy was talking about Cheetos + Mountain Dew + Halo all I could think about was this easter egg from The Summoner on PS2:

Edited by Kazaganthi, 27 October 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#56 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Arrow? Why is everyone acting like it's some new big unheard of thing. The Green Arrow was in like 5 seasons out of 10 of Smallville.

Because Green Arrow on Smallville was campy and awful like the rest of Smallville. I said, "Holy shit!" out loud when Green Arrow started killing bad guys in Arrow. The show takes itself mostly serious. It's the difference between Tim Burton Batman and Christopher Nolan Batman.

#57 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

I rolled my eyes hearing Cheapy instantly dismiss the Surface. Wombat had the right attitude: Tell me why I should be interested in this? A mobile tablet that doubles as full-blown computer that you can use for work is seriously appealing.

I agree with Wombat that most people should skip the Surface running Windows RT and wait for the one running full Windows 8. It's due around March. Or you could get a Windows 8 tablet/laptop right now from another manufacturer. The Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx looks really good.

#58 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Your titles for the week:
Wombat, Amateur Lawyer
Shipwreck, PC Traitor
CheapyD, Positively On

Long time fan and long time listener. Long time follower of @wombat5277, you should follow me at @deliciousgames because I'm also a middle aged jew gamer. MOT STICK TOGETHER

Seriously though, here's a crappy segment suggestion for the 'cast:

CAG History
You guys pick a famous franchise and talk about your history with the franchise, if you played it, if you like it, or maybe why you didn't play it. You could talk about why you think it's important or why you think it's overblown. Just whatever you guys want to argue about. And upset the fanboys with.

Examples could include:
Castlevania
Ninja Gaiden
Zelda
Ultima
Fallout
Madden

Oh yeah, and I'd love to be entered into your contest for the Walking Dead code. That show is awesome and yucky.

Edited by ianoid, 28 October 2012 - 09:37 AM.

Posted Image

#59 spid

spid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

The Surface Pro is coming out in three months not a year from now. And while you only get one USB port in the current Surface you do get Remote Desktop so you can connect to your work PC. That being said I think if the Surface came with the keyboard for $499 I would have bought one. At this point I am more than likely going to buy a Pro. The form factor is awesome, and it is actual useful for something unlike an Ipad.

#60 MisterSmi13y

MisterSmi13y

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hey guys,

Just thought I would write in. This weeks show was structured really well as usual. The only real feedback I have, which has been something that has been said before is that you should say what game you are talking about at least twice, once in the beginning and at the end of the discussion.

Also if you are still giving away the The Walking Dead code, my twitter handle is @MisterSmi13y.