CAGcast #301: Don't Be a Dick

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#91 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Wombat sighting! Glad you seem to have gotten through the hurricane ok.

My thoughts too. Was the first thing I thought this morning when I started listening (a little late).

Shipwreck, can you discuss your review for MOH: Warfighter in the next episode? I'd like to hear it from someone who also semi-liked the first before I buy it.

#92 Whutt2000

Whutt2000

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

enough with the playstation bashing my god! you guys have been doing it for years and it was irritating to the point that i stopped listening to the cagcast, but came back because i like you guys. it seems anything playstation related you guys rag on no matter how small. it's obvious that you don't like the systems, so why on earth would you talk about them on your podcast? It's not like the xbox, apple products, or even nintendo products don't have their faults. but you guys seem to have a deep rooted hatred for the playstation platform. there are listeners that actually like the playstation (hard to believe in you guys' eyes i know) and hearing the constant bashing of the system for even the smallest of things is disappointing. even giving a compliment to the platform from you guys comes off as nonchalant and forced. top tier games like uncharted 2 and 3 garnered a ho-hum, it's uncharted reaction from you guys, but cheapy acts like he's going to bust a nut for foosball! fuckin' foosball?!?! are you serious?? and on this podcast, i have to hear shipwreck, who was my favorite member of the crew back when he was less judgmental of the playstation platform and his opinion was IMHO more honest, has turned into a follower bashing the vita for not having a fuckin manual! are you kidding me?? i don't even have or want a vita and i see how silly this bashing sounds. as cheapy goes: they're trying to save money... yet charging you the same price... how much do you think documentation costs? because it's pennies. what type of discount do you think you should get?? for not having a manual?? that no one reads! Who the Fuck reads a manual?? And any downloadable titles you buy off any platform don't have a manual either. I suppose they're stickin it to you in that respect also? it's fuckin hilarious because it appears that ship is just complaining about nothing because, as you guys put it, the vita is going nowhere in terms of popularity (i agree). Yet you want this game as a part of your "collection" and i guess it isn't complete without a manual. This forgettable game that no one cares about. Wow. but i expect this from you guys. I always listen until i can't take it anymore and i think i'll stop listening for a while again. C'mon guys, i like you. don't let the fanboyism out so obviously. i've heard you guys say on the show before that people accuse you of bashing sony and being fanboys. if it's as many as i think it is, somewhere along the lines you guys have got to admit that there's a reason for it (unless you already do know and don't care). i've been noticing it for years and when i heard you guys say that a cag listener accused you of same, i realized that i wasn't the only one that noticed. just STFU about sony if you don't have anything more sensible to say.

#93 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

You are that upset because I said a game didn't come with a manual? It offends you that much that I was disappointed that there was nothing in the case for me to look at? I'm somehow bashing Sony for buying an obscure Vita game?

Also, Uncharted 2 was one of my favorite games of the year when it came out. You are correct in thinking that I think Uncharted 3 is average, though.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#94 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

I don't understand why you don't have your PS3 auto-updating, Ship. You have PS+ right? That way you don't have to wait for updates whenever you turn it on.

I have mine set to update around 10am or so, since I'm never home at that time and I figured the PSN network would be less busy (faster downloads, compared to everyone playing or updating in the middle of the night).

#95 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

And therein lies the problem.

In news reporting maybe, but in video games? No, you'll either get a job where you can be a PR mouthpiece or simply get a job in PR itself.

Wait - are you seriously calling Florence biased because he pointed out a conflict of interest?

After reading that, I feel like I need a shower.

you misread, I am not calling him biased. I am saying he should set an example and just write good articles about games. Not articles about other writers.

#96 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

I don't understand why you don't have your PS3 auto-updating, Ship. You have PS+ right? That way you don't have to wait for updates whenever you turn it on.

I have mine set to update around 10am or so, since I'm never home at that time and I figured the PSN network would be less busy (faster downloads, compared to everyone playing or updating in the middle of the night).

It is set to auto-update. I just seem to catch it before it auto updates or I still have to install a downloaded update. Then with games like Medal of Honor there are large patches to download and install. I've learned to live with it and never count on being able to turn on my PS3 and play a new game immediately. This is my continued experience with PS3 and I'm not bashing it. It's just the way it works in my house.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#97 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

It is set to auto-update. I just seem to catch it before it auto updates or I still have to install a downloaded update. Then with games like Medal of Honor there are large patches to download and install. I've learned to live with it and never count on being able to turn on my PS3 and play a new game immediately. This is my continued experience with PS3 and I'm not bashing it. It's just the way it works in my house.

Do you not sleep? Just change the auto-update settings during that time. Mine do it between 2-4 in the morning and never notice any updates anymore.

#98 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Do you not sleep? Just change the auto-update settings during that time. Mine do it between 2-4 in the morning and never notice any updates anymore.

If he turns on his PS3 between the time that firmware updates go live and the middle-of-the-night time that they're set to download, the PS3 is going to tell him to update it himself.

#99 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

If he turns on his PS3 between the time that firmware updates go live and the middle-of-the-night time that they're set to download, the PS3 is going to tell him to update it himself.

I don't know why this didn't even occur to me. I'm sick. I think I'll blame it on how crappy I feel...

#100 ChaoticClimax

ChaoticClimax

It's an Illusion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

It bothers me that games don't come complete anymore. I have a giant shelf of games that I treat like trophies. All complete, non-greatest hits. It isn't complete if it doesn't have a instruction manual! I wouldn't be able to proudly display it, it would mar my collection until I was forced to get rid of it because of my undiagnosed OCD.

Anyways, if this is the wave of the future, there is no point in owning physical copies of anything. So we can start by giving me that Walking Dead code. I'm a huge fan, caught up to current (103) in the comics and current with the TV series. I've been following you on twitter for a while now. I am @The_Bronson.

Thanks!
Posted Image
PS3 Trophy Card didn't work very well, nor do I give a shit about PS3 trophies. I assure you though, I have a PS3.

#101 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Got it. I know you're on your PS3 more than I am, probably, even though I don't play PC or 360 :). Now that you mention it, it seems like it used to download automatically but I still had to install it, but for the last 2 or so it both downloaded and installed automatically, which was nice.

#102 io

io

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

What I don't like about the auto-update is that it requires you to turn auto-login on. Since I use my account less than other people in my house do, I don't want it to auto-login to my account (worried my kids might do stuff on my account by accident). So that kills the whole auto-update thing for me, at least. They should have a way of making it start up in the right account and do the auto-updates without having auto-login set. It is a minor point, but annoying to me nonetheless. Then again, I don't mind the firmware and game updates all that much - never seems to take too long.

#103 Whutt2000

Whutt2000

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

it's not just the manual ship. it's everything sony related. the manual is just an example of how critical you guys are of sony's playstation platforms. yeah, there are certain things about the playstation that I don't like, but I guarantee that if there was an xbox game that shipped with no manual in it, you guys would probably mention it, but it WON'T get snide remarks. manuals are overrated and nobody looks at them (nobody meaning the majority of people don't give the manual a thought). it's not like it was back in the day when you paid for a game and actually read the manual. Nowadays, just about every game has an in game tutorial that shows you how to play, so nobody even takes out the manual. the way the gaming landscape is going, i think manuals are going to be a thing of the past because of in game tutorials. if you want a manual, that's fine, to each his own ya know, but my point is that this is a small example of how sony is sort of the joke console for you guys and it gets ragged on more than any other product you guys talk about.

and you guys mention the slow download times (i agree), but gigs is gigs and it takes just as long on the xbox as it does on the ps3 in my experience. the difference comes with the updates. the actual initial game download takes a while, but when it comes time to update, the 360 does seem to update faster than a ps3 does. but you say you have playstation plus (which i think is excellent btw), then why don't you and cheapy just set it to update automatically? i never wait for an update of a game because it's already done when i get ready to play. playstation plus has been an absolute joy and they should have released this service earlier. i imagine it's because you guys don't hardly play your ps3's, which is fine. but don't complain when you turn it on after you haven't used it in months (years maybe?) and have to download a firmware update or something. they don't come around as often as you think and since i've had playstation plus, i haven't had to worry about it.

#104 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

you misread, I am not calling him biased. I am saying he should set an example and just write good articles about games. Not articles about other writers.

When news journalists are caught plagarising or making up facts, they are called on it. Why shouldn't games writers be called out if their hand is in the cookie jar?

Why are you so afraid of transparency?

#105 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

When news journalists are caught plagarising or making up facts, they are called on it. Why shouldn't games writers be called out if their hand is in the cookie jar?

Why are you so afraid of transparency?

Not trying to be a total dick here, but the general media is hardly transparent and routinely spins stories to their own vested interests. I think there is a lot more subliminal 'lobbying' of game journalists than what is made public, ie. trips to studios, dinners, etc. As far as I know there is no clear code of ethics in the industry to ensure you remain impartial. It is probably more on an employer by employer basis.

Therefore, sometimes you have to be a grown up and evaluate the source just like in the normal media. Everything can't be taken at face value. In this case, she was outed and made to look like a fool. But thats why you develop trusted sources of information who are less partial than others.

#106 TheDrypa

TheDrypa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

I've learned to live with it and never count on being able to turn on my PS3 and play a new game immediately. This is my continued experience with PS3 and I'm not bashing it. It's just the way it works in my house.

This is exactly how I feel. I don't have Ps+, so I get to download (which takes 10-15 minutes if not longer) and install (which takes 5-10 minutes if not longer!) every single time an update pops up. And not only firmware updates, even patches for games or updates for games. Is the ps3 really that different from the 360 that they can't just copy they way downloading updates is on the 360?

#107 zerocool397

zerocool397

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

The Surface with RT could be used as a work computer depending on what you need. Surface RT is limited that it runs on ARM and you can only install apps that are on the windows app store (which is limited right now, but will most likely expand quickly). However it also has a desktop mode where MS Office 2013 comes pre-installed, which is probably what you need for work purposes.

I do feel the pricing is a little high. I was really hoping to see it come in at $499 with the Touch Cover keyboard , but for any real work purposes the Type Cover (actual chicklet keys) is much better. But if you aren't already tied to the Apple ecosystem and really wanted to get a tablet. The Surface is a good choice, it has a lot of the "essential" apps and Office 2013 which would handle pretty much all of your productivity needs.

The Surface Pro, which runs ultrabook specs and full Windows 8, is said to come out 3 months after Surface RT. So it will probably be out around January 2013 and priced around $1000.

#108 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

This is exactly how I feel. I don't have Ps+, so I get to download (which takes 10-15 minutes if not longer) and install (which takes 5-10 minutes if not longer!) every single time an update pops up. And not only firmware updates, even patches for games or updates for games. Is the ps3 really that different from the 360 that they can't just copy they way downloading updates is on the 360?

Basically? Yes. MS has been making Windows for many years, they had a better idea when implementing the 360 OS.

The 360 DL+Installs at the same time. The PS3 has to DL first, then install once it finishes. As another result besides taking a little bit longer (not much unless 15g game) you need double HDD space while it installs.

#109 io

io

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

but my point is that this is a small example of how sony is sort of the joke console for you guys and it gets ragged on more than any other product you guys talk about.

Then you must plug your ears when they talk about the Wii ;).

#110 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Basically? Yes. MS has been making Windows for many years, they had a better idea when implementing the 360 OS.

The 360 DL+Installs at the same time. The PS3 has to DL first, then install once it finishes. As another result besides taking a little bit longer (not much unless 15g game) you need double HDD space while it installs.

I heard (on this podcast?) that this is because the PS3 is base on Linux. Not sure if that's really the reason, though.

#111 Whutt2000

Whutt2000

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

heck, the wii gets more respect from this group than the ps3

#112 utewaytew

utewaytew

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

CONFIDENTIAL!
* 30 days money back Guarantee!
* 10% discount for all next orders!
* FEDEX overnight Free Shipping WORLDWIDE No extra Costs!
* Get FREE sample tablets with your order!
* Many payment options: Visa, Amex, MasterCard, Diners Club, JCB, eCheck, Wire transfer etc.
* We provide only Original HIGH QUALITY Products online!

>>>STOP Search! START Save Money! <<<

Posted Image

Posted Image

Universal Zithromax is used to deal with variations of infections due to microorganisms, including respiratory system microbe infections, skin disease, headsets bacterial infections, along with std's. Precisely how do i need to get this particular treatments?
Get azithromycin orally. Digest capsules whole having a complete glass of water. Azithromycin capsules could be taken without or with meals. Take your amounts with regular intervals. Don't take your remedies more frequently than led. Conclude the entire program recommended through your prescriber or even medical professional even if you consider your complaint is better. Don't stop taking except on your own prescriber''s suggestions.
Call your family doctor or even medical professional concerning the usage of this specific treatments in youngsters. Additional care are usually necesary. Overdosage: If you believe you take an excessive amount this particular medicine contact a poison management centre or even emergency room at once.
Notice: This particular medicines are only for anyone. Do not share this specific remedies with others. Let's say My spouse and i overlook a new serving? In the event you skip any serving, go on it when you can. When it is almost time for your next dosage, get will dosage. Do not take on twice as well as additional doses. There needs to be a great interval that is at least Twelve hours between doses.
lowest prices for absence of menustration after using zithromax Savannah Georgia
online pharmacy canada mexican pharmacy
discount for zithromax canada pharmacy on line
online pharmacy consultation trusted online pharmacy
cheapest zithromax australia online pharmacy united states
95mg zithromax US online pharmacy europe
http://flavors.me/buyzithromaxol8130
zithromax order online online pharmacy india
Berkeley California
zithromax no prescriptiondrug interactions with
drug side effects prescription drug zithromax
80mg zithromax austr online pharmacy europe Vallejo California
65mg zithromax austr best us online pharmacy
http://flavors.me/buyzithromaxag4340
95mg zithromax us canadian pharmacy on line
discount on zithromax drops
buy zithromax canada us online pharmacy
zithromax 200 5ml suspensiondiscount coupons for
online pharmacy mastercard canadian discount pharmacy Baton Rouge Louisiana
discount coupons for zithromax USA internet pharmacy uk
http://flavors.me/buyzithromaxlo7368
drug 75 mg zithromax Uk online pharmacys
pharmacy order canadian pharmacy online
online pharmacy discount online pharmacy prices
pharmacy no canada pharmacy on line
55mg zithromax USA united states online pharmacy
how to check level zithromax usa online pharmacy in canada
coupongs for zithromax uk online pharmacy reviews
http://flavors.me/buyzithromaxster1474
online pharmacy mastercard canadian discount pharmacy Madison Wisconsin
discount coupon for zithromax z pac
25mg zithromax austr internet pharmacy canada Reno Nevada
discount for zithromax Uk mexican pharmacy
cheapzithromax drops every hour Indianapolis Indiana
packagezithromax rythmol interaction
http://flavors.me/buyzithromaxblot9817
discount zithromax uk american pharmacy online
online consultation pharmacy low price pharmacy
drug zithromax Australia online pharmacy next day delivery
best time to take zithromax australia online pharmacy consultation
buying online pharmacy Indianapolis Indiana
best price when taking zithromax australia online pharmacy in us
http://flavors.me/buyzithromaxza3732
Minneapolis Minnesota
http://flavors.me/buyzithromaxas7378
best price for zithromax Usa online pharmacy overnight
find zithromax US online pharmacy usa
online pharmacy zithromax Uk boots online pharmacy
1000 single dose zithromaxdiscount coupon for
lowest prices for zithromax US certified online pharmacy

#113 utewaytew

utewaytew

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

CONFIDENTIAL! * 30 days money back Guarantee! * 10% discount for all next orders! * FEDEX overnight Free Shipping WORLDWIDE No extra Costs! * Get FREE sample tablets with your order! * Many payment options: Visa, Amex, MasterCard, Diners Club, JCB, eCheck, Wire transfer etc. * We provide only Original HIGH QUALITY Products online! [b][url=http://pharma-shop.best-onlinestore.net/go.php?sid=13 ]>>>STOP Search! START Save Money!

#114 HiergeLoare

HiergeLoare

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

CONFIDENTIAL! * 30 days money back Guarantee! * 10% discount for all next orders! * FEDEX overnight Free Shipping WORLDWIDE No extra Costs! * Get FREE sample tablets with your order! * Many payment options: Visa, Amex, MasterCard, Diners Club, JCB, eCheck, Wire transfer etc. * We provide only Original HIGH QUALITY Products online! [b][url=http://pharma-shop.best-onlinestore.net/go.php?sid=13 ]>>>STOP Search! START Save Money!

#115 HiergeLoare

HiergeLoare

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

#116 HiergeLoare

HiergeLoare

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:20 AM