Mass Effect 2 (PS3) $10, Bulletstorm $10 (PS3, 360) w/free shipping & more @Newegg

In for ME 2, even though I already have the 360 ver, awesome price! Sucks it doesn't quality for 2day shipping/shoprunner for some odd reason

[quote name='CaoPi']In for ME 2, even though I already have the 360 ver, awesome price! Sucks it doesn't quality for 2day shipping/shoprunner for some odd reason[/QUOTE]

That happens when Newegg is using a third party vendor to fulfill stock.

In for ME2, even though I wasn't too sure about the demo. Hopefully I'll get into it after more play time.

great price for ME2, well worth $10.

As for myself, I'm tempted by Bulletstorm. I missed the $5 BB sale earlier this year, $10 does seem about right for it...

Neweggs is rocking it this year so far. Just picked up Glee Vol. 3 for the family yesterday for $5 shipped, missed out on FFXIII-2 for $10, and now this? In for Mass Effect 2 :ps3:. I have completed it twice on the :360:, but I need to play it through on the PS3 before starting the Mass Effect 3 campaign.

If I'm only going to play through Mass Effect 2 just once, should I play through as a Vanguard or as an Adept?

:applause:

Vanguard is the way to go in that game, I did my first 360 runthrough as a vanguard on hardcore and only got my ass handed to me a couple of times.

Roger that. Thanks for the input.

[quote name='TheThoughtlessOne']Vanguard is the way to go in that game, I did my first 360 runthrough as a vanguard on hardcore and only got my ass handed to me a couple of times.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']Neweggs is rocking it this year so far. Just picked up Glee Vol. 3 for the family yesterday for $5 shipped, missed out on FFXIII-2 for $10, and now this? In for Mass Effect 2 :ps3:. I have completed it twice on the :360:, but I need to play it through on the PS3 before starting the Mass Effect 3 campaign.

If I'm only going to play through Mass Effect 2 just once, should I play through as a Vanguard or as an Adept?

:applause:[/QUOTE]

I like adept better. Vanguard makes you be face to face a majority of the time an leaves you out in the open. That being said ME2 isn't that hard unless on insane.

They made ME3 much harder in that you can't just run out in the open (at least early on). I was REALLY surprised when I was a soldier at the beginning of the game and play a soldier only to find I have to hide as much as I did, even with Adrenaline w/ damage reduction.

Bulletstorm was a riot. I picked it up when Best Buy had it for $5 but I can easily say it's worth $10. I tried to get every single different kill in the game. I can even say it was one of the most fun games I've played.

[quote name='outerfox']Bulletstorm was a riot. I picked it up when Best Buy had it for $5 but I can easily say it's worth $10. I tried to get every single different kill in the game. I can even say it was one of the most fun games I've played.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My best gaming buddy and I adore Bulletstorm. The multiplayer is even funnier than the campaign. Picking up 2 PS3 copies for us, because I'm not renewing my XB Live next year and we still want to be able to play it.

[quote name='outerfox']Bulletstorm was a riot. I picked it up when Best Buy had it for $5 but I can easily say it's worth $10. I tried to get every single different kill in the game. I can even say it was one of the most fun games I've played.[/QUOTE]
Bulletstorm was fantastic. That game didn't get the love it deserved.

Yep, I was not expecting it to be that enjoyable given how cheap it sells for. It puts such a unique and fresh spin on the genre. I don't why it's gone as unnoticed as it has. Pick this up if you haven't, people.

Anyone wanting de Blob 2 might want to check Kmart if there is one close by. Mine had it on clearance for $5(price tag showed $9.99 so it surprised me at checkout).

[quote name='whitereflection']You can get used Bulletstorm for $2.37 shipped from GoHastings with coupon "shiptweet".[/QUOTE]

Not taking shipping off for me. Only reduces the price of the game by 20%

Is ME2 worth getting without ever playing the first game or should I wait for the ME Trilogy coming soon? I don't have a 360 anymore, so I can't get the first game now.

[quote name='Serpent01']Is ME2 worth getting without ever playing the first game or should I wait for the ME Trilogy coming soon? I don't have a 360 anymore, so I can't get the first game now.[/QUOTE]

I would buy Mass Effect 2 now, buy Mass Effect 3 when it hits below $20 (look for Collector's Editions @Gamestop for $20), then buy Mass Effect 1 when it gets discounted on PSN or by itself (I don't know if Mass Effect 1 will be released separately on disc for :ps3:).

You'll save money and not miss out on anything that the Trilogy at $60 has.

Be sure to not play them though until you have all three. Your character will migrate across all three games, making the experience that much more enriching.

Heck yeah! Mass Effect 2 has on the :ps3: has better graphic than the :360: It also has the Mass Effect 1 digital comic book where you can pick and make your major decisions and import them over to Mass Effect 2, so you don't have to play through 1. Mass Effect 2 is leaps and bounds better than 1 technically. 1 was more rpg oriented, and 2 is more action oriented, with a much better shooting mechanisim. I would not hesitate to grabe 2 for $10. In fact, I did, even though I have both 1 & 2 on the :360:

[quote name='Serpent01']Is ME2 worth getting without ever playing the first game or should I wait for the ME Trilogy coming soon? I don't have a 360 anymore, so I can't get the first game now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']Heck yeah! Mass Effect 2 has on the :ps3: has better graphic than the :360:[/QUOTE]
I've played it on both consoles, the graphics are identical. The PS3 version has some redone lighting (as in, they moved some light sources to different positions). Other than that it is exactly the same.

[quote name='Bosamba']I would buy Mass Effect 2 now, buy Mass Effect 3 when it hits below $20 (look for Collector's Editions @Gamestop for $20), then buy Mass Effect 1 when it gets discounted on PSN or by itself (I don't know if Mass Effect 1 will be released separately on disc for :ps3:).

You'll save money and not miss out on anything that the Trilogy at $60 has.

Be sure to not play them though until you have all three. Your character will migrate across all three games, making the experience that much more enriching.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks! I didn't see any thread about ME3 CE $20 previously. Checked online gamestop, in stock near by, went to store, the employee was holding it for himself to buy after his shift, but I got it. He said it (only 1) came in yesterday, new $19.99 sticker came off easily.

I'm pretty sure this has more content than the $60 Trilogy will have, right? Since CE comes with From Ashes DLC, and the online pass was different than normal, labeled CE and comes with some guns?

Already had ME2 with Cerebus network (just missing 1 DLC The Arrival only, right?) for $10. That $60 price on the Trilogy set is such a joke.

Now I just need to wait for ME1. I'm positive it'll be PSN download only for PS3, with the Trilogy having a voucher like Resident Evil bogus set. So we'll see, I'm in no rush with my backlog collection.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Wow thanks! I didn't see any thread about ME3 CE $20 previously. Checked online gamestop, in stock near by, went to store, the employee was holding it for himself to buy after his shift, but I got it. He said it (only 1) came in yesterday, new $19.99 sticker came off easily.

I'm pretty sure this has more content than the $60 Trilogy will have, right? Since CE comes with From Ashes DLC, and the online pass was different than normal, labeled CE and comes with some guns?

Already had ME2 with Cerebus network (just missing 1 DLC The Arrival only, right?) for $10. That $60 price on the Trilogy set is such a joke.

Now I just need to wait for ME1. I'm positive it'll be PSN download only for PS3, with the Trilogy having a voucher like Resident Evil bogus set. So we'll see, I'm in no rush with my backlog collection.[/QUOTE]

Glad you bit on the series now, instead of waiting. I skipped Arrival and just watched it online but Overlord, LOtSB and Kasumi's Revenge are definitely worth it. Haven't played any ME3 DLC aside from the CE and the From Ashes DLC....Omega is coming out soon and should be interesting. Not sure how much more DLC will come after that.

It's strange for me to imagine playing through ME2 without knowing the story in full or having a save from ME1, so I feel for you...but compared to ME2 and ME3 the controls and fighting will feel slightly odd. They did a lot of revamping with the past two games compared to ME1 obviously.

You could always trade in ME3 + ME2 and get the trilogy, since you have the DLC already, no? It would end up being about $30 in total probably but maybe BF will have a deal or two on it.

ME1 is worth the play and/or buy. People really love it more than the latter two, although I must say that ME2 is my favorite. Then ME3 barely before ME1. ME1 was pure and uncomplicated. ME2 was big in scope and epic, ME3 was different but still good IMO (due to the changes and multiplayer mode). One of my favorite series to play through and I am even going to go back and do ME1 through ME3 after the holidays when I have the time myself.

bread's done
Back