Is this dead? Can someone confirm?

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#62 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

Ever since I have gotten 8 I have been have issues with things running slowly. Youtube locks everything up and netflix is giving me problems.
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#63 HeroOfTime

HeroOfTime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Still works for people who legit bought a new PC this past year. I just got mine.

EDIT: You'll need to provide your Windows 7 product key that came with your PC. Usually, this is on the case somewhere (The OEM Sticker)

And it was henceforth known that Brandon, Lurker of Time, had stolen every single code ever dropped that went without so much as a "thank you." - Blade  :applause:

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

#64 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

This has been dead for a bit now. They fixed the loophole. Wasn't planning on getting win 8, even for $15. But now regret I didn't just do this. Just in case I wanted it later on for some reason.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#65 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Glad that I grabbed this the night before the loophole was fixed. I'm a Mac user but occasionally boot into Windows to run certain programs plus I'm pretty sure this could be put on up to 5 computers so if I get another computer in the future it will be handy.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS, Wolfenstein: New Order 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)

#66 SCORP1367

SCORP1367

Hardly Playing!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'm pretty sure it's just one licence. Haven't tried but I sure hope I'm wrong.

I'm running it on my macbook as well, but I keep getting a BSD with Bad_Pool_Header error which is very annoying.

#67 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

For what it's worth, the ACM offer was still good as of last week. Join ACM for 42 dollars and get 4 Keys.

#68 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

I got Windows 8 on day one and it is growing on me, but that does not excuse the fact my computer is running super slow since I installed it. I sort of figured the loophole was going to get fixed sooner or later, so I went on ahead a few days later after launch and got another code for my laptop which I had already put 7 on it when that first came out. I have not upgraded that yet, just not in a rush yet. I only upgraded my desktop as I was using XP on it and I will do the lap when I get a chance. Other than my computer running real slow I have no problem with 8 at all.

#69 daewoo

daewoo

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Guys, the promo still works if you go through the offer with internet explorer. I initially tried it with firefox and I got asked for the product key. I tried again in IE and it went through without asking for any key!

#70 Sammie2980

Sammie2980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Guys, the promo still works if you go through the offer with internet explorer. I initially tried it with firefox and I got asked for the product key. I tried again in IE and it went through without asking for any key!

^ Confirmed

Thanks man :applause:

#71 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Was able to pickup 4 :lol:

#72 ZombieFever

ZombieFever

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Yup! Looks to be working.

Grabbed a discount code but have not entered it to see if it will accept it though.

So bizarre, I wonder why it went back to being "glitched" again. Makes me paranoid that its just a trap set by Microsoft...

#73 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Grabbed a discount code but have not entered it to see if it will accept it though.

So bizarre, I wonder why it went back to being "glitched" again. Makes me paranoid that its just a trap set by Microsoft...

Nah it's not a trick. I already cashed in a promo code from the first time they did this. Digital River is the one who is contracted by MS.

Once you get your promo code you're good to go. :)

#74 SCORP1367

SCORP1367

Hardly Playing!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Maybe the uptake on Win8 hasn't been as good as they had hoped. So the glitch is back for whatever reason. Maybe it only works on the 2nd Monday of every month ;)

#75 gmac

gmac

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Worked for me using IE

Don't forget to upgade to media center for free as well

http://windows.micro...8/feature-packs

#76 ShocWave

ShocWave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Just grabbed a code. FYI, if you're already running Windows 8, you can run the upgrade assistant in compatibility mode.

#77 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Anyone that order the back up disc get there's yet?
It shipped on Nov. 2 via USPS without a tracking number and they keep saying it take 8 business which they consider to be Mon-Fri.
What company would ship a product via USPS without a tracking number!!!
I hope it didn't get lost in the mess called USPS. I want the discs because have Windows 2000's through Windows 7 on CD/DVD with Microsoft Checksums.

#78 kedawa

kedawa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

I don't know what some of you are talking about with Windows 7 product keys and whatnot.
I just got Windows 8 using this deal and my PC is several years old and running Vista.
The only hitch is that the upgrade advisor downloaded the 32bit version(my copy of Vista is 32bit) so I had to torrent the 64bit install image in order to get the 64bit version of Windows 8.

#79 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

I don't know why, but I keep expecting the disc to be in a cheap sleeve and be something that I could have burned myself. Can someone post if it is the OEM and what type of case it came in. Maybe even post a pic when they get it. I'm holding out on this to see what the disc is like.
Posted Image

#80 HansKaosu

HansKaosu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Well, after watching a handful of videos, I think I'll pass.

Windows 8 looks great for tablets, but I'm just not ready to have it as my main OS on my PC.

Disable Metro.. Win8 is faster and more efficient then win7

Twitter: FuurinRei

#81 ShocWave

ShocWave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

I don't know why, but I keep expecting the disc to be in a cheap sleeve and be something that I could have burned myself. Can someone post if it is the OEM and what type of case it came in. Maybe even post a pic when they get it. I'm holding out on this to see what the disc is like.

I can almost guarantee you it will be in a cheap sleeve, with no case, and no manual.
Most likely look like this (Windows 7 cheap upgrade): http://images.tweakt...3/13186_401.jpg

#82 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Anyone have problems watching netflix streaming since upgrading? Netflix will be fine for about 45 seconds then the audio starts going out of sync and my computer starts to lock up.
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#83 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

I can almost guarantee you it will be in a cheap sleeve, with no case, and no manual.
Most likely look like this (Windows 7 cheap upgrade): http://images.tweakt...3/13186_401.jpg

That would be fine for me then. I can just find a case. I might bight the bullet and pay the 15 for the download and then the 15 for the disc to put it on my laptop, unless I can find the retail upgrade for around the same price.
Posted Image

#84 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Even if you get the disc as well as the download, you'll still only get one key which only will activate one machine.

#85 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

I only plan to run it on my laptop. I'm just having a hard time convincing myself to pay for it. I really want the disc and couldn't care less about downloading it.
Posted Image

#86 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Wow thanks! Downloading now!

#87 darkling23

darkling23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I only plan to run it on my laptop. I'm just having a hard time convincing myself to pay for it. I really want the disc and couldn't care less about downloading it.

Ahh!

Well, when you get the download, you get the option to make an ISO file that you can burn to disc or put on a bootable USB stick so you can install it wherever. No need to pay the extra for the disc, if you don't want! :)

#88 joker_cr

joker_cr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hey guys... I just got a laptop with Windows 8 (Core). What's the cheapest option to upgrade to Pro? The fuckin Windows 8 Pro Pack is $69.99!

PS: I have the code to buy the upgrade for $15, but I don't know (and don't think that) if the code will work for what I want to do.

#89 kedawa

kedawa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

Just get the promo code and run the upgrade assistant from a PC that has an older version of windows. and then use the key that it gives you to do a clean install on your system. You should see the discount before it asks you for payment info.

#90 Average Box

Average Box

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Thanks OP, finally decided to get it.