I'm going to be starting a youtube uploader channel, and I'd like advice.

PetersHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
236 (100%)
I know, this does have to do somewhat with video games, but where else can I put it?! :hot:

Anyway... I'm going to be making video game trolling videos, to start. I'll be looking for ideas on new content all the way along, but at the moment, that's what I can do, and what I'm very good it. My brother is an artist, and he has agreed to make my backgrounds and whatnot. I have plans to make the videos more appealing and original to me, in the opening, as well as the end of the videos. The thing is, I want to know about the content in between. I want to know what makes people laugh the most. I get laughs when I do this stuff live, but making videos multiple times a week, I'll eventually have to start certain trends, and make specific series.

So, basically, I just need you to tell me the five things you love to see in these types of videos. Also, what do you expect of an uploader that you're subscribed to? Do you want more than thee videos a week? Do you want him to interact with the comment section How vulgar do you want the videos to be? Can a person talk too much? Do you expect people to get angry and scream due to being trolled, or does that not matter? Do you like to hear memes? Do you prefer arguments, or would you rather hear a person having fun with their trolling?

I'd love it if any of you could help me out. I don't want to be just another uploader, I want to provide worthwhile content that people enjoy, as well as provide a channel that is appealing.

Also, what other types of content would you like to see? I doubt I'd make a very good video game reviewer...

An issue you'll encounter with trolling videos that, assuming you eventually get lots of viewers and become well known, people will recognize the names you use, your voice, or style even if you use a voice changer. If you continually do it with different games it'll make it that much more likely that those people may not have heard of you so you could do your "bit".

As I don't really care so much for watching trolling videos I can't tell you five things I would enjoy seeing, but I do watch tons of youtube gaming videos as a substitute for television. I think quality is better than quantity video-wise, at least at first. Eventually when you have a large subscriber base you can do practically anything and people will eat it up. When you get more used to a nice flow of videos of decent length would go well. It seems like people enjoy when people interact with their comment section, but avoid getting into arguments in it.

Avoid really long intro-outros, a little is nice but nobody wants to watch a full minute long intro and then watch 5 minutes of video and 30 seconds of outro. Don't bug people repeatedly to like, comment, and subscribe. I don't mind when people do it a little or have something about putting a like or suggesting commenting at the top of the description though. If you have good content, people will do those things anyways. Try to avoid going "ummm", "like", etc constantly on non-troll videos.

As far as content people want to see, what gaming related things are you passionate about? The videos I really enjoy watching come from people who seem to genuinely like what they are playing and doing and aren't just playing a specific game because it's popular and they want views

[quote name='Noblesse Oblige']An issue you'll encounter with trolling videos that, assuming you eventually get lots of viewers and become well known, people will recognize the names you use, your voice, or style even if you use a voice changer. If you continually do it with different games it'll make it that much more likely that those people may not have heard of you so you could do your "bit".

As I don't really care so much for watching trolling videos I can't tell you five things I would enjoy seeing, but I do watch tons of youtube gaming videos as a substitute for television. I think quality is better than quantity video-wise, at least at first. Eventually when you have a large subscriber base you can do practically anything and people will eat it up. When you get more used to a nice flow of videos of decent length would go well. It seems like people enjoy when people interact with their comment section, but avoid getting into arguments in it.

Avoid really long intro-outros, a little is nice but nobody wants to watch a full minute long intro and then watch 5 minutes of video and 30 seconds of outro. Don't bug people repeatedly to like, comment, and subscribe. I don't mind when people do it a little or have something about putting a like or suggesting commenting at the top of the description though. If you have good content, people will do those things anyways. Try to avoid going "ummm", "like", etc constantly on non-troll videos.

As far as content people want to see, what gaming related things are you passionate about? The videos I really enjoy watching come from people who seem to genuinely like what they are playing and doing and aren't just playing a specific game because it's popular and they want views[/QUOTE]

I actually plan to make about thirty videos, and I'll either be using one month cards, or 48 hour cards, so my account won't always be the same. Then, I'll upload just a few at the beginning to draw attention, and then upload about three a week. Although, I've played for four days now, and I've run in to the same people multiple times, so I get what you mean. I'll just have to branch out to the many playlists on multiplayer shooters.

I was actually planning on making a small cartoon for the introduction, but after you mentioned that, I noticed not many people do that, so I figured maybe I'll just start up a different playlist/series. That is, if I can manage to make these cartoons. I'd have to go old school. Picture after picture. So I'll probably skip that. I don't know...

Anyway, thanks for the tips and all. I've been trolling online games since Ultima Online back in the late '90s, and I do it because I love it. I've been trolling with a microphone since I got Xbox Live about four years ago. I'm better with a microphone, and I think people will enjoy it. I would love though if more people would comment and tell me what they'd like to see.

P.S.

I would have commented sooner, but I just got my power back in an hour ago, so...

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I think you're taking the wrong approach. In my experience, the most successful you tubers just started making videos they loved, THEN solicited for advice from their viewership. I hope I don't sound like a dick, but the OP gives the impression that you really want to please everyone right out the gate, which to me seems like your main desire is to either gain a lot of views or monetize your channel...

Just make videos you WANT to make first, then ask for advice. How are you going to be stand out and be appealing if your content is influenced by others before you've even started? You don't need anyone to tell you the common sensibilities of what YouTube channels entail because you probably are keenly aware of them yourself.

Ultimately, people expect different things from different youtubers. I think that your video content will show off your personality and ideas, and that is what should dictate how you structure your future content.

[quote name='randomevent']To be honest, I think you're taking the wrong approach. In my experience, the most successful you tubers just started making videos they loved, THEN solicited for advice from their viewership. I hope I don't sound like a dick, but the OP gives the impression that you really want to please everyone right out the gate, which to me seems like your main desire is to either gain a lot of views or monetize your channel...

Just make videos you WANT to make first, then ask for advice. How are you going to be stand out and be appealing if your content is influenced by others before you've even started? You don't need anyone to tell you the common sensibilities of what YouTube channels entail because you probably are keenly aware of them yourself.

Ultimately, people expect different things from different youtubers. I think that your video content will show off your personality and ideas, and that is what should dictate how you structure your future content.[/QUOTE]

Very good point. I do hope to gain many viewers and become a partner, which is why I'm going to invest some money, and a lot of time. The trolling aspect comes natural to me. I did similar stuff to people face to face back when I was in school (I was that kid), and I've been doing it as long as I've been playing video games. I suppose I will ask those who subscribe to me what they'd like to see, after all is said and done. I don't know, it's a never ending process, I guess...

bread's done
Back