Amazon Video Games Gold Box Tuesday 10/30/2012 - FIFA 13 $40

• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#541 caponesgun

caponesgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

Not to mention from multiple places one could have had this new on release day for $30. I've been slow to abandon Amazon as many other CAGs have but this credit I have is weighing on me more and more every day. It's to the point I'm going to start preordering games at full price just to get rid of it.

The credit is useable on other non game stuff right? Buy something worthwhile you can use instead?

#542 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Another Amazon Aluminum Box. Dead Island vanilla for $15? Fuck you too, Amazon.

#543 silkysmooth

silkysmooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

Funny going on the Amazon forums and seeing a few people pumped about this sale. One guy was ecstatic to get Skyrim for $35.

#544 sublime4927

sublime4927

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

650 here amazon credit thanks to gamestop to best buy flips :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtqp-RUw87M

#545 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

Funny going on the Amazon forums and seeing a few people pumped about this sale. One guy was ecstatic to get Skyrim for $35.

When was the last time new copies of it on CONSOLE were that cheap? It hit $40 a few times in the late Spring then shot back up to $60 after Dawnguard and have held there.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#546 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

I am stuck with 1400 BB credit, can't find a kindle GC for the life of me

I would happily take some of that off your hands so you won't be stuck.

#547 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

When was the last time new copies of it on CONSOLE were that cheap? It hit $40 a few times in the late Spring then shot back up to $60 after Dawnguard and have held there.

it was $35 back in June, I remember cause this was when I traded my vanilla edition to BB for $34 as part of my upgrade to the CE.

#548 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

It appears so much discounting is catching up to Amazon, with competitors now price matching it's even worse. The tax situation plays a smaller role, but a role nonetheless. Add in selling kindles for almost a loss every time and Wal-Mart flat out no longer selling kindles..it's going to be a tough 2013 for Amazon. I'm intrigued to see how they act this BF.

The tax thing is a big issue. It's 8.75% in New York, which has really turned me into a NewEgg fan since they still don't charge sales tax to NYC. It's definitely a consideration, especially if egg-saver shipping is available.

On-topic, the vanilla Dead Island at $14.99 was still a bit too rich for me. I was hoping to get the GOTY for that price, but meh.

#549 H3YN0W

H3YN0W

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Skyrim seems a bit high @ $35, maybe because it includes the disc? Full game download cards are going for $15-20 on eBay. Having the disc would allow me to resell when I'm done with it but I think I'm just going to grab a card off eBay and call it a day.

#550 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Wow...those of you complaining about having amazon credit and those abandoning amazon because of deals are extremely short-sighted. Someone brought up the perfectly valid point that you could use your amazon credit on ANYTHING which makes it as good as cash since you could do some of your groceries if you wanted to...

However, if we're talking specifically the gaming front...We're <= 1 year on next gen consoles. All that credit you saved up will be perfect for scoring you a next gen system w/ little to no cost out of pocket....of course, after prices go down a little, we're cheap asses after all.

#551 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Wow...those of you complaining about having amazon credit and those abandoning amazon because of deals are extremely short-sighted. Someone brought up the perfectly valid point that you could use your amazon credit on ANYTHING which makes it as good as cash since you could do some of your groceries if you wanted to...

Just getting them to price match is like pulling teeth now. I only bought three textbooks from them this fall, I used to buy 90% of my books and games from them. Pretty sad when the college bookstore is a better deal.

I believe strongly in getting the best value for my money as opposed to buying something more expensive just because I have credit. Then you're really not saving anything. I'm still left with $57 credit after buying MSP and razor blades. I used to regard credit as good as cash too, but not anymore.

As for next-gen systems...if the rumors are true I'm not buying them. I'm pretty satisfied with the current-gen lineup and got plenty of games I still need to check out anyway.

#552 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Anyone have the full list of what was on sale for the gold box? I missed it because of Hurricane Sandy.
Posted Image

#553 Zackattack33

Zackattack33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

^That.^

I just want to see what I missed.
Posted Image

#554 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

I just want to see what I missed.

https://twitter.com/amazongames

They are missing a few, Oblivion GOTY and Fallout 3 GOTY aren't on there (were $10 each).

#555 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

kind of sad i missed Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy.....oh well.
Posted Image

#556 Hunter Hybrid

Hunter Hybrid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Anyone have the full list of what was on sale for the gold box? I missed it because of Hurricane Sandy.

You didn't miss much.
Get paid for the time you spend on the web! Click here