DEAD: target.com: 3G/WiFi Vita + 8 GB MC $180

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#61 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Deal is dead. Anyone know if this is in store as well?
Posted Image

#62 could have won

could have won

Backlog Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

If it makes anyone feel better about trying I pm'ed one this morning with no hassle at my local Target. I was only asked whether or not the price was at Target's own site. Last one at that location though.

#63 JohnnyS5

JohnnyS5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

A store shows limited stock in my area. Hopefully, they'll have it.
Posted Image

#64 Sora_145

Sora_145

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Called my store, guy said they had one in stock but it wasn't on sale. He said I should print out the deal and take it to Customer Service and that if I complain enough they might give it to me at that price

Worth a shot <_<

#65 boostsaves

boostsaves

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Just picked one up in store. Got them to price match online. The employees were really nice and had no issues with anything. They even let me use a 5% off coupon I got in the mail a few days ago.

#66 Sora_145

Sora_145

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

My store was a no-go, but there is another one a few miles down the road. I'll try there too.

#67 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Should I get a coat or this Vita bundle? I would freeze to death all winter but at least I'll be happy playing a Vita.

#68 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Well done to folks who got it. I feel like this price or lower is what it will take to move Vitas.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#69 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

^^^^
Hahahahahaha
Don't forget by the time u factor in tax about the inevitable deal with $50 Gc for assassins creed 3 liberation bundle which has no 3G but I just tether it to my phone anyway so that would almost be like paying $199.99 anyway if u know what to spend the gc on...

#70 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Must resist, I don't even know what good games are out for the Vita and my backlog of 3DS games keeps growing.

#71 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Um need for speed most wanted , assassins creed 3 liberation and rangarok odyssey all come out this week.

#72 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

For those on the fence I will remind you that Ragnarok and Assassin's Creed 3 comes out on Tuesday for the Vita. In a few weeks it's Persona 4 Golden. Good month for the Vita.

#73 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

I ordered, one, I wonder if its too late to price match in store, and then cancel the online order.
Posted Image

#74 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

I wonder if Target will carry Ragnarok, I'd love to take advantage of their B2G1 and get some Vita games there.

#75 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

I wonder if Target will carry Ragnarok, I'd love to take advantage of their B2G1 and get some Vita games there.

Doubtful. I was there yesterday and the guy pulled out a binder of games coming out this week and it wasn't on the list :(

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#76 nillarilla

nillarilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

got one!
I was holding out on the vita till black friday...but this was too good to pass up.

It still is questionable if something better will hit on black friday. imo best case scenario for BF would be $200 wifi with a game or gc... so the difference is kind of negligible.

#77 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Local store has one but I don't really want it. Cowboom deals has the same thing minus the memory card for usually $140+tax

#78 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

got one!
I was holding out on the vita till black friday...but this was too good to pass up.

It still is questionable if something better will hit on black friday. imo best case scenario for BF would be $200 wifi with a game or gc... so the difference is kind of negligible.

There is no doubt someday the price will drop. I can't see the 3g version dropping any lower anytime soon. If it is a black friday there will be a stampede on a shortaged amount.

One thing I have a hard time understanding is The vita is an awesome portable and it should be doing so much better. Not sure why it is struggling? Hopefully they can drop the price to a everybody should get one level.

#79 biabarr

biabarr

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

My store had the bundle but the guy refused to sell it to me for $180 :/

#80 BuDdyLe

BuDdyLe

Dat CAG though.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

shot down at my local store. The worker said they won't do it untill nov. 1st. Oh well, really wanted to use my BBY rz cert anyways. Gonna try to pm to bb when they open later

"They should fist that f :cold: ker with a RockSalt Gauntlet"

#81 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

so is this a sign that we will see the vita drop the price really row during black friday and the Xmas season?

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.png

#82 Jampack200

Jampack200

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

This would be amazing if I could PM at BB, will try later today

Currently working on:
:ps3: Arkham Origins 

:3ds: Pokemon Y

Jampack200.png

#83 iduncurr

iduncurr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

mmm...pick this up now ($194 with tax) or wait for the inevitable $50 GC on the AC:L bundle?

#84 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

so is this a sign that we will see the vita drop the price really row during black friday and the Xmas season?

I don't know; FWIW this is just one retailer, having a sale or clearancing out essentially an obsolete (or at least not supported) version of the Vita.

This is a great pick-up but I just don't see Sony making many more of the 3G models unless they have some plan to support it better.

Assuming that I'm guessing in typical target fashion they are just trying to rid themselves of the stock. I don't think it is at all indicative of future price drops or sales.

#85 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

I would rather get a ps3 with collections for the same price...if that comes true on BF.

Vitas are nice, but for me to get one its gonna have to be at like $100
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#86 jltaser

jltaser

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'm expecting similar sweet deals during Black Friday unless Sony doesn't care about pushing units, which they often don't at their own demise.

Many folks only buy game systems and other big ticket items solely during that season. It'd be foolish to past up that prime buying season without a tempting deal.

#87 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

I would rather get a ps3 with collections for the same price...if that comes true on BF.

Vitas are nice, but for me to get one its gonna have to be at like $100

see you in 2018
WOOOO I STINK

#88 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Out of stock!

#89 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

A bit lazy to look for the new price match policy staring Nov 1. So I can price match at Target from target.com even if the site is out of stock?

#90 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

A bit lazy to look for the new price match policy staring Nov 1. So I can price match at Target from target.com even if the site is out of stock?

My thought is that that when they are showing local stores as an option for purchase, that they should let you. It will be a YMMV situation.

The other thing you could do is to buy, and they try to price match it on Thursday when their new policy goes into effect that states that they will price match their own website. Right now, they do not.