DEAD: target.com: 3G/WiFi Vita + 8 GB MC $180

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#91 DouglasViola

DouglasViola

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Went to Target today and bought one ($299.99) and was told to come back in four days to get the price match. Pretty ridiculous and I emailed Target.com to tell them so.

#92 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Went to Target today and bought one ($299.99) and was told to come back in four days to get the price match. Pretty ridiculous and I emailed Target.com to tell them so.

Good luck with it being still on sale on Nov 1.

I got my order in.
I'm debating on buying one at Target for $299 and returning the one they ship me.
Posted Image

#93 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

I ordered at 5am EST and my order just got canceled

#94 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

I ordered at 5am EST and my order just got canceled

Did they say why?

#95 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

Good luck with it being still on sale on Nov 1.

I got my order in.
I'm debating on buying one at Target for $299 and returning the one they ship me.

uh... the serial numbers won't match

#96 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

I haven't really been following the Vita deals other than the Sam's Club one as I've been waiting for Black Friday/the holiday season, but this one has me interested. Does anyone think it's likely the regular WiFi version will hit ~$150 later this year? My original intention was to hold out for such a price and then pick up a 32gb memory card when there's an eventual sale so I could transfer my UMD games over. Just afraid that retailers will prefer doing game bundles instead, and it would definitely be easy to find the games themselves for cheap later. 3G functionality doesn't make a difference for me at all.

#97 ajm_64

ajm_64

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

they are already out of stock...

#98 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

My thought is that that when they are showing local stores as an option for purchase, that they should let you. It will be a YMMV situation.

The other thing you could do is to buy, and they try to price match it on Thursday when their new policy goes into effect that states that they will price match their own website. Right now, they do not.

That makes sense. I think I'll wait til Nov 1 though. I don't want to risk the site removing the sale before then and finding myself with the $300 handheld with a couple of games for it from the b2g1.

#99 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Did they say why?

just says:

"There was a problem with your order placed on 10/28/2012. As a result, we had to cancel it."

I've never had an order get canceled before, and I used my redcard with plenty of limit.

I was expecting my order of 3 Aqua blue 3ds consoles to get canceled.. i'm sure i'll get an email for that soon.. but not sure why this had to be canceled.. i'm sure I ordered before most people

Edited by jrr6415sun, 28 October 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#100 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

they are already out of stock...

It took too long for that too happen.

I thought it was going to last for five seconds like a Black Friday deal but it lasted for a few hours which is too long.

#101 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Can you transfer UMD games to a memory card? What do you need to do it? I'd sell my PSP in a heartbeat and get a Vita if so.

#102 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Can you transfer UMD games to a memory card? What do you need to do it? I'd sell my PSP in a heartbeat and get a Vita if so.

No.

#103 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

of course not...
i sold my UMD's to help my re-buy the games for my vita
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#104 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

of course not...
i sold my UMD's to help my re-buy the games for my vita

The Vita is too expensive even at $180.

I bought the WiFi one when Amazon had a special around launch date and I still don't see how the 3g one with an 8 GB card is worth $180.

#105 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Maybe this is a mistake like the Adventure time collector edition for half price a while back.

#106 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Maybe this is a mistake like the Adventure time collector edition for half price a while back.

It's an expensive mistake.

The Vita has a long way to go still.

#107 rockykai

rockykai

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Thank you very much jkimrey and Bosamba! Sadly, even if I wanted to go to my local store to pick one up I wouldn't be able to because of the impending storm and how all of the Halloween festivities are happening today because of it.

I will say that I will probably get a 3DS XL this year unless there are no deals at all - that's for sure. I do want a Vita in the future too - it just doesn't need to be now.

#108 laseractive

laseractive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

I was able to get my local Target to pricematch the website so I guess it depends on the employee. I also had a Red Card and an additional 5% coupon so I got it for $175.64 out the door with tax. Thanks to the OP for this one. I missed out on the Sams club deals.
Posted Image

#109 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

very tempting, but i really want to wait and see what kind of bundles/offers there'll be come bf.

Auen1.png?7125

#110 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Great deal if you wanted a 3G Vita.

Still a good deal otherwise as this is 25% off the Wifi Vita and a nice amount of memory is included.

If I didn't already have the 3G Vita I would have jumped on this.

#111 Nephilim

Nephilim

Sumerland holds me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Whoops! The taget.com page is now showing $299. That and the cancellation emails may mean this was a price mistake.....

Posted Image

#112 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Hopefully it wasn't a mistake and if it was hopefully those of us who ordered at least get a coupon out of this. :(

#113 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Congrats to those who successfully price matched.

#114 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Dang, I was just about to head out to BB to get this PM'd.... oh well. I've been meaning to get the AC3 bundle for the white vita anyway, guess I'm sticking to that plan lool.

#115 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Aww. Fun's over. :(

#116 Nephilim

Nephilim

Sumerland holds me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Here is a screenshot of the $179 price if anyone wants it. Full resolution image here

Posted Image

#117 Jampack200

Jampack200

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Whoops! The taget.com page is now showing $299. That and the cancellation emails may mean this was a price mistake.....

Posted Image

Damn it! If I wasn't so busy watching the first round of NFL games, I would have went out and PM'd it earlier

Currently working on:
:ps3: Arkham Origins 

:3ds: Pokemon Y

Jampack200.png

#118 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

For what it is worth I checked my debit account and they took the money.

#119 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, local Target turned me down. I'll have to returned the Gravity Rush I picked up with Harvest Moon and Prof Layton too.

#120 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

too bad. I have been looking at Vitas. I just can't see spending more than $200