Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/28/12 to 11/3/12) Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Target

• Please log in to reply
743 replies to this topic

#721 dragonxxiv

dragonxxiv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Right... and I don't understand what is so hard for people to understand.

If you really want to "game" a retailer just buy a random $60 game (that isn't retailer specific---i.e. the "Target" version of AC3 won't work) and then return it without a receipt at Walmart.

Of course that is a return fraud but at least you can pull off the "place holder"

What people will do to save a few dollars... wish I had disposable "time" to run around all day

Umm...I was able to do this at TRU with a B2G1Free sale a while ago for a game that wasn't released yet with no problems. TRU at first said that they would only refund me $40 (thinking I was trying to return the game for $60) but I stated I just wanted to exchange the game.

As for returning it to Walmart, it will be much more of a hassle. Any item over the price of $50 automatically needs the manager's approval---they will be much stricter due to the blank/AOL disc switcharoo returns. Plus, you can only do three no receipt returns a year.

I just wait until Amazon has a similar sale---last year in November they had a B2G1 Free sale----although many were able to scored a B1G1 Free due to a misprint.
Friends Don't Let Friends Game Drunk.:dunce:

#722 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

I just wait until Amazon has a similar sale---last year in November they had a B2G1 Free sale----although many were able to scored a B1G1 Free due to a misprint.

I really hope they run that soon. I'm itching to buy a bunch of $20 titles. It was actually going on this time in 2010, so maybe we could see it as soon as next week. I don't know exactly when it started in 2011.
Mentally Irregular - Just an awesome book. Nothing else like it.

#723 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

bought 3x 60 day world of warcraft time cards from target b2g1, good deal.

#724 Faithful

Faithful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Picked up AC3 at Target tonight along with 2 other $59 titles that are going back tomorrow (only wanted AC3 for $39.99). Will pick up 3x WoW cards when I go back, still have a few months left on my Annual Pass that I owe, and my panda monk just hit 85 so I'm ready to get down with some xpac content. Works out well for me.

#725 BARTstation

BARTstation

Only 1 shade of gray

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

Picked up 3x AC3s because my friends and I wanted a copy. 2 360 and 1 ps3. It came out to 39 even with another friend using his target employee discount.

#726 Shagrath

Shagrath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

bought 3x 60 day world of warcraft time cards from target b2g1, good deal.

Cards work automatically, or did you have to get an override?

Wondering if this works on Microsoft Points? A 33% discount would be pretty good.

#727 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Cards work automatically, or did you have to get an override?

Wondering if this works on Microsoft Points? A 33% discount would be pretty good.

I also bought 3x WoW Game Time Cards and got one free, did not require an override, worked automatically. However, the WoW cards are in a real game case, and are a scratch off type card, not a card activated digitally at a register.

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#728 qtipp73

qtipp73

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

so u can exchange not return the games and still get b2g1 free promo price? I want to buy ac3 and two other $60 games and only keep ac3. would i be able to go and exchange it for games coming out later in the month without hassles considering its an exchange not a refund?

#729 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

so u can exchange not return the games and still get b2g1 free promo price? I want to buy ac3 and two other $60 games and only keep ac3. would i be able to go and exchange it for games coming out later in the month without hassles considering its an exchange not a refund?

Did you read any of the posts on this page?

#730 essfjay

essfjay

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

i got the specials this week for kmart that start this Sunday & they have a special for $15 off all WWE merchandise. my question is if anyone knows if i can use this towards WWE13 or will the $15 be for my next purchase? I already have a $5 off coupon so i'm hoping that I can get $20 off that would be a steal & help me out considering I'm going to be buying Halo 4 & Black Ops 2 in the future. if anyone knows or is planning to do this hit me up with a reply it would be very helpful considering K-Mart is a 20 minute drive & i don't really want to drive that distance just to find out it doesn't work. thanks!

#731 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Sigh. Tried to price match at best buy and was denied. I really hate my best buys.

#732 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Sigh. Tried to price match at best buy and was denied. I really hate my best buys.

Well it's against policy for them to PM b2g1 deals. People have just gotten managers that don't enforce the policy. You're better off trying to do it over the phone.

#733 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Meh went to toys r us and the did it no problem. Even got AC III for $48.

#734 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

what are some good vita titles have you guys found?

#735 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

*sigh* I said I wasn't gonna, but I broke down and got in on the B2G1 from Target..

Sleeping Dogs for $45 (they still had the sale sign up from last week)
Fallout NV: Ultimate Edition
And Harvest Moon: New Beginning

#736 Sendoh

Sendoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Got assassin creed 3 limited edition, now I can return 2 and just pay $80 plus tax for one :)

#737 blehman

blehman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Got assassin creed 3 limited edition, now I can return 2 and just pay $80 plus tax for one :)

That is such an incredible idea. How did you ever think of pulling off that off?

#738 Sendoh

Sendoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

That is such an incredible idea. How did you ever think of pulling off that off?

I meant I bought 3 assassin creed 3 limited edition. And since target break down the price, it comes out to be 79.99 for 1.

#739 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

I meant I bought 3 assassin creed 3 limited edition. And since target break down the price, it comes out to be 79.99 for 1.

He was being sarcastic...

#740 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Got in for Assassin's Creed 3, WWE 13 and Lego Batman 2. Stocking LEGO Bats away until Xmas for the younglings.

#741 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Despite creating a shipping label on 10/29 UPS still hasn't picked up my order from target.com

anyone else in the same boat?

#742 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

I hope that wasn't a CAG that came into the Fulton and Alta Arden store today throwing a fit in guest service because they wouldn't let you do return fraud on the buy 2 get 1 free, then lying saying Halo 4 was in the ad for the buy 2 get 1 free thinking we wouldn't have a copy anymore. Hoping it was a slick deals person, I just want to say I'm glad you got denied and you should probably be less of a jerk.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#743 ammoun

ammoun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Despite creating a shipping label on 10/29 UPS still hasn't picked up my order from target.com

anyone else in the same boat?

Yah, is it UPS Basic?

#744 gomgomboy

gomgomboy

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

just want to add , maybe ya'll already know but went back to price match my LG tv and they are giving away free black ops 2 ( choose ur system ) , didn't even know it til i saw the add in front of the store, good thing i didn't buy it yet , cool game