Cheap Amazon Game Guides Thread - Sonic Colors $3 and more

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
For cheap Amazon game guides that are FSSS/Prime eligible. Great for those looking for cheap fillers to hit the free shipping mark.

$3 and under
Sonic Colors $3.00 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)
X-Men Destiny Official Strategy Guider $3.22 $1.96 $1.75 $1.94

$4 and under
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Signature Series Guide $3.57 $1.30 $1.47 $1.63 $1.80 $2.00
Gears of War 3 Signature Series Guide $3.58 $1.30 $1.35 $2.05 $2.28
Red Steel 2 - Prima Essential Guide $4.00 (multiple third party sellers, shipped by Amazon)

$5 and under
Condemned 2: Bloodshot: Prima Official Game Guide $4.20 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)
Front Mission Evolved Official Strategy Guide (Paperback) $4.38 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)
Thrillville: Off the Rails: Prima Official Game Guide $4.49 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon, 1 left; cheaper if you buy from other sellers and pay shipping)
The Golden Compass: Prima Official Game Guide $4.97 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks: Prima Official Game Guide $4.99 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)

$6 and under
Prototype 2 $5.04 (thanks to coopscohen for the find)
Duke Nukem: Forever Official Strategy Guide $5.27 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)
Diablo III Signature Series Guide $5.70

Previously cheap guides
Splatterhouse Official Strategy Guide $19.99 $2.01
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition $7.74 $3.38 $3.65 (Amazon price went up to $34.99; third party seller, shipped by Amazon still has it for $7.74)
Street Fighter X Tekken Signature Series Guide $13.59 $1.67 $1.85 (Amazon price went to $13.59; third party seller, shipped by Amazon still has it for $8.99)
Dead Rising 2: Prima Official Game Guide $3.99 (third party seller, shipped by Amazon)
Afro Samurai Official Strategy Guide $17.99 $4.25 $3.63 $3.23 $2.91 $1.86

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is actually pretty good since not many of us can get penny guides (not once in my cAG life ever encounter penny guides), thanks OP. I'm not sure I want any of them yet, can't get free shipping, lol.

Thanks OP. Grabbed a Splatterhouse and Street Fighter x Tekken though I'm not sure why LOL. A deal is something cheap that I can't resist buying.

It's worth it to find the collectibles in Splatterhouse. They unlock diary pages as narrated by the villainous Dr. West as he descends into Lovecraftian insanity. His direction is a little off in places but man, the guy hits every note between pensive mad scientist and mad psycho on a quest to resurrect That Which Should Not Be Named with pitch perfect accuracy. However he is delivering the lines he sounds GREAT. They are easily worth 1000ing the game.

I still really liked Splatterhouse as a game but man it is rough. Almost every late game miniboss needed a bit more work to be more fun to fight like the early mooks and bosses

Just picked up MW3, hopefully I missed something awesome. Thanks OP
mw3

[quote name='Serpentor']This thread is actually pretty good since not many of us can get penny guides (not once in my cAG life ever encounter penny guides), thanks OP. I'm not sure I want any of them yet, can't get free shipping, lol.[/QUOTE]
Same prime ran out. :cry:

[quote name='lackinggrump82']Just picked up MW3, hopefully I missed something awesome. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Picked up the same ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Since alot of people here arent as lucky as i am when it comes to penny guides i suggest that we have an amazon cheap guide mega thread. These are great for filler to get the 25$ super saver shipping and if you have prime these are even better !

[quote name='strait edge follower']Since alot of people here arent as lucky as i am when it comes to penny guides i suggest that we have an amazon cheap guide mega thread. These are great for filler to get the 25$ super saver shipping and if you have prime these are even better ![/QUOTE]

If you want to create the mega thread, I can link to it and lock this thread. Or I can make the first post a wiki and change the title accordingly.

Also, added Sonic Colors.

[quote name='Sway']If you want to create the mega thread, I can link to it and lock this thread. Or I can make the first post a wiki and change the title accordingly.

Also, added Sonic Colors.[/QUOTE]

You might as well change the title and wiki it. When someone finds a great price for a guide or when a guide in the op dropped more we can post/change it

[quote name='strait edge follower']You might as well change the title and wiki it. When someone finds a great price for a guide or when a guide in the op dropped more we can post/change it[/QUOTE]

Done and done. Thanks for the suggestion.

Got Gears 3 and MW3 for $6 total. I miss penny guides, but at least I don't need to use gas and hope I find stuff and don't get denied the sale.

For those looking for cheap guides, Hastings has a lot of used ones in good condition. After their promo codes, you can get many of them for just a few dollars with very cheap shipping. I went a little crazy and got a bunch over the past few months (probably about 15-20 in all). All of them were in very good to excellent condition.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Looks like Amazon has 999+ copies of both Gears of War 3 and CoD:MW3 guides, so as tempted as I am buy

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Got Gears 3 and MW3 for $6 total. I miss penny guides, but at least I don't need to use gas and hope I find stuff and don't get denied the sale.[/QUOTE]

These deals are better than penny guides. I can't tell you how much time and gas I have wasted (like you mentioned) just to get some guide that I have limited use for.

That being said, there is nothing like the thrill of a successful penny guide find and checkout.

MvC3 & GoW3 were both in my Quick Pics Gold Box today!

I went with MvC3 for $1.23 shipped :)

Maybe now I'll be able to figure out what in the world is going on in my XBLA MvC2

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Do bb price match game guides?[/QUOTE]

I price matched the Skyrim guide the other day, but it's ymmv. The guy checked with someone first and when he came back he checked the cost against what I wanted it for before selling it to me.

Title needs to be edited but while looking for a filler item to use the $5 Facebook promo, I found the Prototype 2 guide for $5.04.

bread's done
Back