Barnes & Noble 50% off Criterion sale - 10/30 to 11/19

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

FYI. Local BN stores running Promotion Buy $75 GC and get $10 Free. I spent $300 and get $40 Free (Free $10 Gift Card will be active in Dec. 26th and have no Expiration Date). Turn around and used my $300 GC on the Criterion with 20% off coupon ")
"Evil is Funs"

#62 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

The cashier that rang me up at B&N tonight (picked up Le Havre) told me that the Criterion sale has been extended until 11/29. I have no idea how true that is (haven't managed to confirm it anywhere else), but she seemed to sincerely believe it.

That would be awesome, which hopefully will get Brazil back down to $20 for a pre-order.

Which reminds me, has anyone found any coupons that work online with the online sale?

#63 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

I went and looked through the sale rack and all the Criterions. Only thing I saw that tempted me was Badlands for ~$6.

May end up getting Godzilla BD for a friend before the sale is over...

#64 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

I went and looked through the sale rack and all the Criterions. Only thing I saw that tempted me was Badlands for ~$6.

I keep holding out hoping that Criterion will pick up Badlands for blu-ray, since they've done several other Malick titles. No luck so far though. :/

#65 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

That would be awesome, which hopefully will get Brazil back down to $20 for a pre-order.

Probably not, as Brazil doesn't come out until December 4th. :/

Which reminds me, has anyone found any coupons that work online with the online sale?

Nope, it seems like they've blocked all coupons online for the sale. Which is weird, because they actually still make more than they do in the store, since you don't get the 10% member discount online.

#66 Rob26Smith

Rob26Smith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Any coupons out there? I need to buy 2 more before the sale is up?

#67 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I am thinking of getting Godzilla and maybe Samurai Trilogy

Kamagii.png

#68 voice4hire

voice4hire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Confirmed that the sale has been extended.

Also, for any new members, the $8 off coupon and the standard 10% discount in store are making these movies a little under $11. My copy of Rashomon was $10.73 after tax.

#69 Rob26Smith

Rob26Smith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

Confirmed that the sale has been extended.

Also, for any new members, the $8 off coupon and the standard 10% discount in store are making these movies a little under $11. My copy of Rashomon was $10.73 after tax.

What $8 coupon do you speak of?

#70 voice4hire

voice4hire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

The one you can get if you're a new member in the last few weeks.

#71 Rob26Smith

Rob26Smith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

The one you can get if you're a new member in the last few weeks.

I thought the $8 is off a purchase of $40 on a single dvd or blu ray. am i wrong?

#72 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

I accidentally ended up with an opened copy of Rashomon on DVD, argh. Totally missed that it wasn't a Blu-Ray. Didn't handle the disc or anything, but since I only collect BRs I have no use for it. So if anyone would be kind enough to buy it from me for $25 shipped, I'd greatly appreciate it.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#73 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

I accidentally ended up with an opened copy of Rashomon on DVD, argh. Totally missed that it wasn't a Blu-Ray. Didn't handle the disc or anything, but since I only collect BRs I have no use for it. So if anyone would be kind enough to buy it from me for $25 shipped, I'd greatly appreciate it.

you should post this in the trading forum. But also that is more expensive than if someone bought it brand new.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#74 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Someone posted a 30% off coupon on slick deals. It works with criterion's on the website. The code is T9P3E3W. There's also an in store coupon here, http://www.barnesand...v.asp?pid=45698 but its not valid until the 23rd while you can use the code online now.

#75 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

I know it's not part of the B&N deal but for those that want it Curious Case of Benjamin Button Blu Criterion is only $5.99 @Amazon.

Shipping is 1 to 3 weeks but for $6 worth the wait.

http://http://www.am...NAF4WEP5YERB1J8

#76 voice4hire

voice4hire

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

The coupon is for a $40 regularly priced movie, yes...but it works. Just ask them to scan the coupon regardless. It will work.

#77 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Someone posted a 30% off coupon on slick deals. It works with criterion's on the website. The code is T9P3E3W. There's also an in store coupon here, http://www.barnesand...v.asp?pid=45698 but its not valid until the 23rd while you can use the code online now.

It's a single use coupon online and it's for a single item only.

I'm sure you could make multiple accounts to use the coupon more than once, if you wanted.

#78 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

FYI, Amazon has Brazil available for pre-order for $20.99. So if you did a pre-order with B&N while it was 50% off ($24.99), you might want to cancel it and order from Amazon instead.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B009D004X6/

Other upcoming Criterion pre-orders are also $20.99 as well (I checked Following and Purple Noon, not sure what others might be that price), though Brazil is the best deal.

Edit: Looks like it's just Brazil, Following, and Purple Noon. All of the ones coming out after that are higher.