Assassin's Creed III Collector's Edition Strategy Guide - $20.98 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

waiting on my preorder price protection guarantee but still nothing from Amazon...

#32 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Got mine at BB, used the 50% off guide coupon that was going to expire on 11/3. Lithograph is pretty cool. I haven't opened up the map yet.

Posted Image

#33 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

waiting on my preorder price protection guarantee but still nothing from Amazon...

If you don't have anything from them by Thursday evening, email/call/chat them and get the price difference back.

#34 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Back up to $20.98.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#35 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Yeah, I don't get it for a game like this. Long ago when they hid all the feathers or w/e nonsense collectibles it sort of made sense, but now they have maps you can buy in-game to highlight them all. That and internet works well enough.

I collect hardcover guides, especially best buy exclusives and AC guides. I have every hardcover for the AC series, every best buy version if available. I do not use these as that's what the internet is for, I just buy anything and everything AC.

#36 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks. Got a PM at my BB. The lithograph is really nice as is the map. Great deal for $20

#37 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

Are the map poster and history vs story section also best buy exclusives? I ordered from Amazon, but I might return it and pick it up from BB if there are multiple exclusive perks.

#38 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

Are the map poster and history vs story section also best buy exclusives? I ordered from Amazon, but I might return it and pick it up from BB if there are multiple exclusive perks.

Just the numbered lithograph pictured above. Only best buy has an exclusive.

#39 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Just PM'd one today at BBY to AMZ

#40 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

How do you get the lithograph from BestBuy? I stopped in the day the hard cover was released and they said they didn't have any of the hard cover, they only had the soft cover. I just think the guy didn't feel like price matching. So I went to Wal Mart and paid the full price for the hard cover. I went back to Best Buy today, 2 days later, to see about the lithograph and they said it was only a pre order bonus and they didn't have any left. But they actually had a hard cover so I made them price match it with Amazon. Now I have to return the one I bought from Wal Mart. These guys are retarded.

#41 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

How do you get the lithograph from BestBuy? I stopped in the day the hard cover was released and they said they didn't have any of the hard cover, they only had the soft cover. I just think the guy didn't feel like price matching. So I went to Wal Mart and paid the full price for the hard cover. I went back to Best Buy today, 2 days later, to see about the lithograph and they said it was only a pre order bonus and they didn't have any left. But they actually had a hard cover so I made them price match it with Amazon. Now I have to return the one I bought from Wal Mart. These guys are retarded.

From what I saw, even the softcover Assassin's Creed III guide at Best Buy should have a sticker on the front which says "includes Best Buy exclusive lithograph" or thereabouts.

I'm assuming it's the same lithograph? Also assuming that it's inside the packaging for the guide. Unless Best Buy has multiple versions of these guides laying around...

#42 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

I haven't opened the wrapper on the guide from either, but like you said, on the best buy sticker it says bonus limited numbered concept lithograph on fine art paper. Is the lithograph inside the wrapping? The Walmart version has the other extras listed except for the lithograph.

#43 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

got this PM'd at Bestbuy today

#44 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

I didn't bother PMing this but I did use my 50% off GCU coupon. I think I got the last one too.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#45 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

They lied. My best buy doesn't even carry the softcover, and they have tons of the exclusive guide. I believe they ONLY stock the exclusive hardcover.

#46 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

that's what I was thinking too. is the lithograph inside the wrapping or is it something separate?

#47 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

i can confirm the lithograph is on the inside once you unwrap it

#48 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Sweet, thanks Bro for confirming this. I really didn't want to unwrap it.

#49 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Sweet, thanks Bro for confirming this. I really didn't want to unwrap it.

Just wondering, why do you care then? Do you just like the idea of it being there? For all you know, you didn't get one.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#50 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

I'm a collector. People don't always buy toys to play with them. Since someone did open it up and discovered they have they lithograph, chances are that mine has one too. And that's good enough for me.