Photo
- - - - -

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS) $19.99 + S&H at Sears.com/PM @ BestBuy

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#1 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Sears.com has Professor Layton: Miracle Mask for 19.99 + S&H. Shipping's kind of high ($5.99 for me) but still a good deal considering this game just came out.

http://www.sears.com...=1&blockType=G1

Edited by ryushe, 31 October 2012 - 12:44 AM.

#2 zeonmx

zeonmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Shipping is not a problem, just apply for Sears MAX membership trial for free and no more shipping fee.

#3 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

Son of a bitch. I wasnt thinking and ordered 3 copies (free shipping that way) and then realized I just ordered from fucking Sears.

I ordered Darksiders 2 CE from Sears when there was a price mistake on that and they did not ship it, did not willingly refund me, and completely ignored all attempts to get it resolved peacefully. I had to file a credit card dispute and wait about 2 months before they decided in my favor and dropped the charge (my cc company did however issue me a "credit" for the amount while they were doing their so called investigation into the matter).

Shipping is not a problem, just apply for Sears MAX membership trial for free and no more shipping fee.

I suppose you can cancel any time at no cost? That would figure. I'll just resell 2 copies if by some miracle of god these ship, and end up getting a cheap copy for myself. So there, Mr smart guy.

#4 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

If this is still up in the morning I'll try to price match at Best Buy.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5 DreamStinger

DreamStinger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

Tried placing an order, but it didn't go through because they had 0 quantity available. :/

#6 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Will Best Buy price match this since it's an online price?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Fuck you guys if they do pm it :)

And I see this was already on SD so I wouldn't bet on getting these at all.

Tried placing an order, but it didn't go through because they had 0 quantity available. :/

still shows available for me

Edited by ShockandAww, 30 October 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#8 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Style Savvy: Trendsetters is also $19.99 for anyone who cares (Don't judge, the game is actually pretty good).

http://www.sears.com...=1&blockType=G1

Edited by ryushe, 30 October 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#9 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

dead, got this after trying to check out with paypal:

One or more items in your Shopping Cart need attention.

The items requested below are not in stock: Product Requested Qty. 1 Available Qty. 0 Professor Layton: Miracle Mask 3DS

actually if you check out through my gofer the order goes through... 2 or 51+ though still cheap for a new release

i tried getting 3 but it told me only 2 available, so i just checked out. But when i reloaded it looked like i could check out with 3 that time since i didnt get the message. return/cancellation policy says could take up to 30 days to get refunded

Edited by nightmarishhero, 30 October 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#10 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

dead, got this after trying to check out with paypal:

One or more items in your Shopping Cart need attention.

The items requested below are not in stock: Product Requested Qty. 1 Available Qty. 0 Professor Layton: Miracle Mask 3DS

actually if you check out through my gofer the order goes through... 2 or 51+ though still cheap for a new release

i tried getting 3 but it told me only 2 available, so i just checked out. But when i reloaded it looked like i could check out with 3 that time since i didnt get the message. return/cancellation policy says could take up to 30 days to get refunded

Ditto for me. Was thinking of buying this digitally to grab the donkey kong game anyways
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#11 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Fuck, out of stock.
Posted Image

#12 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

If this is still up in the morning I'll try to price match at Best Buy.

Is that likely to work?

I'm wondering if a B&M Sears will price match their own website.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#13 dbush

dbush

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Just tried this, order went through with no problems. Thanks for the tip on the Max membership trial, though I did spend the $.99 to upgrade to 2-day - total $22.23 after tax (Massachusetts).

#14 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

going to try to hit up Sears (doubtful) and best buy first thing when they open

wont be able to post until 4pm tonight though

DEAD YOU CANT EVEN ADD IT TO CART NOW
WOOOO I STINK

#15 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

walked into best buy..

handed them 2 games out of 50 copies

handed them the print out

handed them my gift card

walked out with 2 copies for 42 bucks ...

now to figure out if my cousin wants copy 2 or try to dump it on ebay for 30 and end up with 1 copy for 10 out of pocket
WOOOO I STINK

#16 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

It worked for me through mobile... Then I spent ten minutes trying to set up a MAX membership on my phone and it removed the item from my cart And i can't add it anymore. Boo

#17 jaw707070

jaw707070

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Did anyone who order this get a shipping or order confirmation? Order through mobile earlier this morning and PayPal went through but nothing from Sears. Considering some f the horror stories im hearing I'm a tad bit nervous. PayPal should be easy enough to cancel if I don't hear anything in the next few hours right?

#18 DrAndonuts

DrAndonuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Thanks, OP. Managed to get a price match at Best Buy.

#19 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Thanks, OP. Managed to get a price match at Best Buy.

That's what I'm thinking of doing as well. Did they just match based off of your phone or did they call the store?

#20 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Is that likely to work?

I'm wondering if a B&M Sears will price match their own website.

As long as it does not state ONLINE ONLY, you're in the clear. Just bring in a print out of the website to help your chances.

NOTE: The game is not in the system at my local store. I'm one of the few Sears still carrying games (We just got in AC3). Division 58 item #43231
Posted Image

#21 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

that's a great way to put other stores out of business.. make a new release at half off and show it as available but don't let people checkout, let customers show it to other stores to price match.

#22 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Got the pricematch from BBY. Was very easy, quick, and painless. I had the webpage up on my phone.

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#23 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Pricematched at BB as well. Told him to price match Sears. He checked the site, confirmed the price, and asked a supervisor/manager for a price override. Quick and painless.

Love saving $20 just two days after launch.

#24 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

I want!

#25 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Gah, Sears' website is like a butt. It says in stock, I got it added to my cart, but I get a mostly blank page when I go to check out.

So I called them, punched 0 a bunch of times to skip the Skynet prompts, and the nice Indian lady checked the warehouse and didn't find anything to tell me, tried to add it to her cart and got the same issue I did, and finally said it was probably "posted in advance", whatever that means, and to check back later. She is going to send a report to their web team, who are probably getting a bunch of them right now. Not holding out much hope for the $19.99 price.

#26 dallow

dallow

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Should have just price matched.
Crap, hope the web team doesn't fix it before I PM.

#27 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Thanks OP, just made an price matched order for the game from Bestbuy online. Apparently Best buy online does not allow price matching with online stores post purchase, but they can when you make a purchase. I hope that isn't company policy because the first representative said they would price match my order, but they got disconnected on the phone.

#28 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I'm definitely PMing this at BBY when I go to pick up my copy of AC3 tomorrow, and I don't think they'll say no. ;)

I just hope this product page stays active until then.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#29 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

I just called (1-888-BEST-BUY) and price-matched over the phone. $21.24 with tax. If you call, punch 0 a bunch of times, then you'll get a person who will ask how to direct your call, just say you need a price match. Be prepared to get transferred to dead air before you get to the person who can place your order for you. I had to call back twice because of that.

Bonus amusement: The cute-sounding lady who took my order referred to it as "Professor Clayton". Teehee, non-gamers.

#30 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hey, is there something going on with BBY's phone service? I tried calling to get this PMed, and the first time I got through to a very nice lady who was willing to place the order for me, but midway through waiting for her system to reboot (it shut down for some reason when trying to place the order) I was disconnected. I tried a second time, asked to be transferred to someone who could PM a video game online purchase, was told I would be transferred to a gaming sales associate, and was greeted by dead air when the hold music stopped. The exact same thing is happening right now with my third attempt.

Just what is going on here...?

EDIT: I tried twice more and the same kind of thing happened. I told the BBY operator about what was happening and she said that apparently there are "sporadic technical difficulties" happening right now. I guess I'll just have to try again in a couple of hours. :\

Edited by Vigilante, 30 October 2012 - 05:49 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi