Photo
- - - - -

Dragon Quest VII coming to 3DS! JPN 02/13, NA TBA!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

This game is very long, I spent more time on this than DQVI, and I mastered all the jobs in the latter!

Batsugunner.png

#32 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Square-Enix uploaded the first trailer on the official site. It's also been uploaded to Youtube, though the Youtube video seems a bit choppier than the actual video, so here's a direct link to the video file.

(Source: GAF)

#33 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

My favorite DQ game (I've beaten every one other than VI and X)... also one of, if not THE, longest JRPGs I've ever played--easily around 70 hours just to beat the main quest. Many games claim to be that long, this one actually is... consider yourself warned. Thankfully, it's amazing--I'll be grabbing this day one.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#34 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Saw the trailer earlier today but it was on my way out the door. I'm SO excited for this!!!

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#35 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Damn, when this comes to North America it will probably force me to buy a 3DS.

#36 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I will definitely buy a 3DS if this game comes to NA

#37 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

Updated the OP with two JP trailers.

Edit: NM, the embed function is acting funny, I'll try to fix it later.

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#38 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

i am intrigued but not completely sold on it... haven't been a fan of the localization that they've been doing. i mean, i like the fact that they do it, but i think it's a little too whimsical.

on the other hand, the dw7 we received was ugly looking <b>even compared to any game on the NES</b> and the translation was ugly too. i am curious....

best dq games? 1-2 have aged poorly, the rest are all really good in their own way.

dq3 is iffy because i vastly prefer the original to the remakes, i really do not like the personality system or that weird board game.

There, fixed it for ya! ;-P But seriously, this is the game that was so fugly in 2D it was unplayable for me. Like, I could easily pop in a NES game and think it looks better. Maybe the frame rate in this was for shit too and that threw me off as well.
This is the first time I think I'll ever say that moving a game from 2D to 3D may actually make me able to play it. I mean this is considering the 2D version makes anyone who knows what decent or even tolerable looks like almost want to stab their eyes out.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#39 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

The new screens are pretty fugly.

http://www.neogaf.co...0&postcount=777

Fugly 2D to fugly 3D. Hooray!

Game looks like shit. I rather have the original 2d sprites. At least those can have some sort of charm even though they have very little animation. Will this game load instantly like the PSone game or is it going to have bullshit load times now too?
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#40 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

In your opinio, what is/are the best DQ games?

I just started VIII and it seems like a really good game. Also might pick up IX on the DS.

Man, super tough call. My order changes all the time, but it's looking something like this for the mainlines right now from an 'objective' point of view.

V, III, IV, VII, VIII, II, I, VI, IX, X.

That's the order I recommend for people just getting into the series without experience. III & II (and I) remakes for SFC are my personal favorites with V remake for PS2 trailing just behind. VII and VIII next with IV coming in just next. VI (even the remake) is a bit bland for me and IX and X are lacking as single player titles.

I'm not gonna go crazy with the spinoffs but if you have a DS, Rocket Slime is an absolute joy to play. Joker 2 is pretty good as well.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#41 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Man, super tough call. My order changes all the time, but it's looking something like this for the mainlines right now from an 'objective' point of view.

V, III, IV, VII, VIII, II, I, VI, IX, X.

That's the order I recommend for people just getting into the series without experience. III & II (and I) remakes for SFC are my personal favorites with V remake for PS2 trailing just behind. VII and VIII next with IV coming in just next. VI (even the remake) is a bit bland for me and IX and X are lacking as single player titles.

I'm not gonna go crazy with the spinoffs but if you have a DS, Rocket Slime is an absolute joy to play. Joker 2 is pretty good as well.

IV might mainly be nostalgia for me but its definitely my favorite. I beat it in the NES multiple times as a kid and absolutely loved it. The chapter progression was pretty unique at the time, and the way they tried to give all the characters their own feel and personality was ahead of its time. Plus, running a store as Taloon was really creative for an NES game. Sadly, the otherwise fantastic remake was marred by the localization team's insistence on goofy dialects anf some silly dialogue which I felt took away from the charm of the original.

V on the DS was fun and I liked the way they tied the story together over generations, another example of some storytelling that wad ahead of ths hardware of the original.

I got VI but never finished it (DS). It just didn't grab me the way the others did which was kind of a bummer.

Other than that... loved III on the GBC, I&II haven't aged as well, VIII was fun but I never finished it because I don't have time for console RPGs. And IX might be my favorite DS game ever, which isn't an easy choice to make. God I wish they'd port IX to the 3DS for proper Street Pass functionality!

#42 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

The dragon warrior games for the GBC are really good (I forget what they are called), I have 2 copies of each I think since they were on sale at Gamestop for like $2 each one time which is cool because that means I can trade between cartridges. I mean the dragon warrior monsters games, the ones that are like pokemon.

I mean I know that isn't too relevant today, but its still nice to know I have those games and 2 Game Boy Colors so I can properly play them. I let a lot of my GBC games go this holiday season on ebay since they were worth quite a lot of money each and I wasn't playing them much but I won't let those games go (mainly because I haven't spent that much time with them), you will have to pry them out of my cold dead hands to get them from me.

#43 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

IV might mainly be nostalgia for me but its definitely my favorite. I beat it in the NES multiple times as a kid and absolutely loved it. The chapter progression was pretty unique at the time, and the way they tried to give all the characters their own feel and personality was ahead of its time. Plus, running a store as Taloon was really creative for an NES game. Sadly, the otherwise fantastic remake was marred by the localization team's insistence on goofy dialects anf some silly dialogue which I felt took away from the charm of the original.

V on the DS was fun and I liked the way they tied the story together over generations, another example of some storytelling that wad ahead of ths hardware of the original.

I got VI but never finished it (DS). It just didn't grab me the way the others did which was kind of a bummer.

Other than that... loved III on the GBC, I&II haven't aged as well, VIII was fun but I never finished it because I don't have time for console RPGs. And IX might be my favorite DS game ever, which isn't an easy choice to make. God I wish they'd port IX to the 3DS for proper Street Pass functionality!

I know why you didn't beat VI for the same reason a 2nd playthrough is going slow for me: the party is unbalanced. Carver is the heavy hitter that dishes out the majority of damage, the hero is worthless, and the casters have too weak of hp.
Posted Image

#44 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

A pair of DQVII commercials. I'm waiting for the SMAP one.

Batsugunner.png

#45 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

If there is a SMAP commercial I need to see it ASAP! However I follow a Johnny's blog through email and they always have the latest CM's so I am sure that it will make its way to me when it is out.

#46 io

io

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

While I love these games, I think it is bad that I really have no idea which ones I've played on the DS and which ones I haven't. I mean, I know I played IX since I put 160 hours into it. But I'm not sure on the others - will have to find the carts and load them up to see what game saves I have. It is entirely possible I have one I have never even opened :oops:.

#47 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

While I love these games, I think it is bad that I really have no idea which ones I've played on the DS and which ones I haven't. I mean, I know I played IX since I put 160 hours into it. But I'm not sure on the others - will have to find the carts and load them up to see what game saves I have. It is entirely possible I have one I have never even opened :oops:.

I own 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 and I've only played 5:D

#48 io

io

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

I own 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 and I've only played 5:D

Well, 8 I played on the PS2 and it was probably my favorite PS2 game. 9, like I said, I played for sure. And I'm pretty sure I played the first one that came out on the DS (in the U.S.). That was 4, right? Where it gets iffy for me is whether I ever played 5 or 6. I think I may have played 5, but not 6.

I just read the synopsis for each game at metacritic and NONE of them sound familiar to me at all though I know for sure I played at least one ;).

And I know this is off-topic but I don't see a thread for the game and figured people reading this thread might be interested in the game: what gives with the complete lack of reviews for Etrian Odyssey IV? My copy shipped from GS a few days ago and I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it so I wanted to see some reviews first. GS.com was supposed to swap it for Fire Emblem. I called to do that and they said they couldn't do it then but would before FE came out - but instead they ended up adding FE to my order so I got both (and paid for both).

#49 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

And I know this is off-topic but I don't see a thread for the game and figured people reading this thread might be interested in the game: what gives with the complete lack of reviews for Etrian Odyssey IV? My copy shipped from GS a few days ago and I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it so I wanted to see some reviews first. GS.com was supposed to swap it for Fire Emblem. I called to do that and they said they couldn't do it then but would before FE came out - but instead they ended up adding FE to my order so I got both (and paid for both).

There's a lack of reviews for EO4? Huh, saw one just the other day - http://www.animenews...ds-of-the-titan
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#50 io

io

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

There's a lack of reviews for EO4? Huh, saw one just the other day - http://www.animenews...ds-of-the-titan

Well, I only looked at Metacritic. There are definitely none there. Just seems odd.

#51 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

I have all the DQ games on the DS and the only ones I have played some of are DQM and IX I think.... pretty sad...