Disney buys Lucasfilm & announces Star Wars: Episode VII

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#61 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

Would love to see the Timothy Zahn books as episodes 7-9 but I doubt that happens.

I at least hope Episode VII will be ~20 years after RotJ so it won't seem odd to have new actors playing all of the roles.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#62 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

I have such a nerd boner right now.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#63 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

I'm honestly shocked. Dont want Episode VII, let the series end already in movie form.

#64 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

The next movie can't possibly be as bad as the dreck that Lucas released like a weaponized virus. I'm completely put off of Star Wars at this point anyway so this is just hilarious news for me just to see all of the overblown reactions.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain

:br:-Samurai 7
:br:-Star Wars: Clone Wars season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#65 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

This is great news. If you don't like it or it legitimately ends up sucking, then just keep pretending the first three movies pre-Lucas revisions are the only thing that exist in your mind.

Otherwise, short of Lucas dying, this was the only way Star Wars was ever going to move forward.

I also hope FOX is kicking themselves somewhere. This could have been their baby.

#66 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

I thought this was a joke when I first read about it. But, I'm excited. I have no complaints about Disney "kiddifying" the films. We all fell in love with the series as kids and they are cross generational.

A note to Disney: Kill the idea of the Avatar land at Animal Kingdom. Imagine an entire section or theme park based on Star Wars. Not just Star Tours. Universal's Harry Potter would be empty.

#67 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

Can't wait!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

Finally we can start having stuff that doesn't take place pre episode IV. I'm so sick of things that took place between episode 1 and 3. I really do like the Clone War CG series though. Its about the only thing I like about the prequel trilogy besides the Duel of the Fates song.

I really haven't liked much Lucas has had to do with since the original trilogy.

#69 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

I'm looking forward to Mickey vs Darth Vader in Kingdom Hearts 3. :whee:
Posted Image

#70 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

I'm not 100% sure how I feel on this, but I'm leaning towards more excited then not...I didn't hate the new trilogy as much as a lot of people and I usually enjoy anything that takes place in this universe so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, no to mention how Disney has been buying other franchises and not really making them more kid friendly so well see.
Posted Image

#71 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

Timothy Zahn trilogy please.

#72 Prepster

Prepster

The Bulls are Back!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

A note to Disney: Kill the idea of the Avatar land at Animal Kingdom. Imagine an entire section or theme park based on Star Wars. Not just Star Tours. Universal's Harry Potter would be empty.

Do you really think the Harry Potter parks would be empty if there was a park like that for star wars....Umm most kids under the age of 25 would rather go to Harry Potter over Star Wars.

And since theme parks aren't really meant for the older generation, I highly doubt a Star Wars park would make Harry Potter world lose any business. Now I think the Star Wars park would do great, just like any new park, but to say Harry Potter would be empty is a pretty bone headed thing to say. I also am not a fan of either Harry Potter or Star Wars so not being biased.

On Topic: Disney is not going to turn this into a kiddy franchise. Why in the world do people think that's all Disney makes? Disney knows how to make great movies. Maybe John Carter was a flop as the box office, but the movie itself was done very well. So I have high hopes that Disney brings out a legitimate Star Wars film in 2015.

Chi-Town Forever baby!

Posted Image

#73 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

All Disney needs to do now is purchase the DC rights from WB and they'll effectively own the superhero universe.

Wasn't Disney nearly broke about 15 years or so ago when Eisner was running the company?

I thought I also read that George Lucas owned 100% of Lucasifilm so all of this $4 billion goes directly to him.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#74 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'd love for there to be a new star wars movie but I'm not sure what would make it "good".

The 7 year old me would probably have enjoyed Attack of the clones. The nearly 30 year old me didn't.

Empire still holds up, though. Would love it if my kids had enough of attention spans to sit through the movies with me. :sad:

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#75 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Finally we'll get a good Star Wars movie.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#76 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

If Joss Whedon directs, I'm down.

#77 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Lets have joss whedon direct everything :roll:

Finally we'll get a good Star Wars movie.

Are you implying the original trilogy isn't good?

#78 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

Lets have joss whedon direct everything :roll:

Works for me. Malcolm Reynolds was just an edgier version of Han Solo anyway.

Also, the first thing Disney should do is put Episodes I - III into "The Vault" for good.

#79 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

If Disney were smart they'd use Timothy Zahn's Star Wars books as basis for the sequels.

Posted Image

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#80 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

Works for me. Malcolm Reynolds was just an edgier version of Han Solo anyway.

Also, the first thing Disney should do is put Episodes I - III into "The Vault" for good.

He'll probably be busy with avengers 2. Making decent movies is very time consuming

#81 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Are you implying the original trilogy isn't good?

The bad CGI really took me out of the experience.

#82 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

He should alter the movies and add some new cgi.

#83 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

That would actually really help. I'm pretty sure we have the technology to do stuff like that now.

Just remaking the movies would probably just be a better option though. Get some more well known actors in there this time instead of a bunch of nobodies.

#84 mr.ratburn

mr.ratburn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

I honestly didn't think that the prequels were as bad as everybody said they were. I think people just really love to bitch. Given that, I think that these future films will be pretty stupid. It's going to take a lot of creative writing to come up with good story lines that actually make sense.

^ 1000x this

Taken as regular movies the prequels were extraordinarily good. However, compared to the original movies I think it's true the first one does fall a little flat, and Jar Jar is annoying, which we all agree on. Still though, episode II and especially III were spectacular. And come on, if any movie ever was just BEGGING for a prequel, it was the original Star Wars.

As for an Episode VII? Totally unnecessary. I also thought the OP was a joke and was expecting a rickroll or something not credible. Look, I'm OK with Lucas making an Episode VII just as long as he promises he won't butt Fuck the series like he did with Indiana Jones IV. That movie was just painful, which is really sad because it could have been quite good.

#85 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

That would actually really help. I'm pretty sure we have the technology to do stuff like that now.

Just remaking the movies would probably just be a better option though. Get some more well known actors in there this time instead of a bunch of nobodies.

Remakes would be a great idea because the originals are so old. Michael Cera as luke would perfect.

#86 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

His hairstyle is just as awful as Mark Hamill's was in those movies.

#87 mr.ratburn

mr.ratburn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

Michael Cera as luke would perfect.

Posted Image

Final answer?

#88 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

I'd rather see Episode 4,5,6 redone the same as the clone wars toon. Remaking them with regular live actors would absolutely suck. Kristen Stewart as Leia? Robert Pattinson as Han? The way hollywood works today would make these into tweener movies with the "hot" actors of today playing these iconic roles. No Thank You!!!
Praxus_07.png

#89 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

His hairstyle is just as awful as Mark Hamill's was in those movies.

I heard that the movies were so bad because they spent most of their time and money working on that hairstyle. Tyler Perry as lando

#90 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Did someone say Michael Cera?

thThYiyqPG0
StarCraft 2 - Roses