$50 off a PS3/360/Vita with Wii trade-in @ Amazon

jacknicklson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
197 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1409360622&pf_rd_i=B009759F5A

Eligible Wii consoles for trade

Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
To receive the Promotion:
• Initiate a qualified Wii console trade-in between October 28, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
• If the trade-in is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email.
• Add a qualifying XBox 360 or Playstation console shown above to your Shopping Cart.
• The discount amount will be applied automatically to your purchase of a qualifying console.

Terms and Conditions:
• The promotion is limited to one per customer. If there is more than one eligible item in your Shopping Cart, the promotion applies to only the lowest priced item.
• The discount is valid until February 28, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
• If your trade-in console is not submitted in accordance with the instructions, or is not accepted, you are not eligible for the promotion and you will not receive a promotion.
• If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.
• The promotion applies only to qualifying items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. It does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com web site.
• If you return the qualifying item purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.
• Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.
• Shipping and handling charges apply to all products.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Void if copied, transferred, or prohibited.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Snuggelz']Hm... It sucks that the black Wii isn't eligible... Is there a reason why? Like easier to mod or something?[/QUOTE]

Probably because its not GC backwards compatible. The list they have is for older wii systems that's fully backwards compatible. That's the only difference I see.

lol, the black console cant play gamecube games? i had no idea. i thought they were all the same except for the colors

[quote name='webkatt']lol, the black console cant play gamecube games? i had no idea. i thought they were all the same except for the colors[/QUOTE]
That's good to know because I have several GC games. I'll keep my launch Wii. :bouncy:

^ That's because all companies try to screw you over with trade-in values. I especially love it when a Gamestop employee says, "We can only give you 6 cents for this game." Amazon values are shitty, too.

So the Wii Hardware Bundle is shown with Wii Sports Resort, but that version is listed as a $70 trade in. Nice way to get more for less, Amazon. Let's all trade in our white Wiis for $24.65, seems like a superb decision. :roll:

Most black Wiis are backward compatible with the gamecube....just the last batch that came out in the fall of last year was not. And the blue wii they are taking isn't backward compatible. You can easily tell if it is backward compatible by looking at the hardware to see if it has GC ports. Also non GC backward compatible Wii packaging always has the Wii in a horizontal position on the box

The way I read that page from the OP, you can get 360/PS3 with the Wii trade in, or a Vita with a 3DS trade in, but they don't seem to be the same actual promo (trade in a Wii for a bonus toward a Vita). Actually, the terms are confusing as hell as it only lists the 360 as an eligible purchase with the $50 credit. What the hell.

Sounds like Amazon is throwing a gabe newell-sized tantrum because Nintendo denied them special treatment... and customers are getting screwed over in the process

[quote name='Snuggelz']Hm... It sucks that the black Wii isn't eligible... Is there a reason why? Like easier to mod or something?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is racist

[quote name='DarkPGR']Sounds like Amazon is throwing a gabe newell-sized tantrum because Nintendo denied them special treatment... and customers are getting screwed over in the process[/QUOTE]

I would love to know how you got to that conclusion.

bread's done
Back