TRU B1G $59.99 Get $10 GC, buy 2 get $40 GC Nov 4th-10th

any fine print about when the GC activate or can be used?

Would be interesting to see how it'd work if you bought two copies of Halo 4 and two 13? month Xbox live cards

[quote name='GBAstar']any fine print about when the GC activate or can be used?

Would be interesting to see how it'd work if you bought two copies of Halo 4 and two 13? month Xbox live cards[/QUOTE]

Usually its the card will activate in 6 hours and it depends on what gift card for the expiration date.

[quote name='nnthomas']Wasnt there a doorbuster that was "Buy $60 get $20 GC" the week after Halo?[/QUOTE]

That sale starts on the 9th I believe. Its part of the doorbusters sale which happen every weekend.

Hmm, I'm trying to figure out double dipping the deal is good or not.

Buy Ac3 and Halo 4 for 120 plus tax = around 130

Getting 20 bucks off on a yr sub of Xbox love = 40 bucks

Maybe use the gc of 40 bucks from the promotion of buying two games to offset the cost of Xbox sub. Assuming we can use the GC (I doubt it) on the next transaction.

So about 130 bucks for two games and yr worth of live. That's not too bad but again, we won't be able to use the GC for six hours after the first transaction.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Hmm, I'm trying to figure out double dipping the deal is good or not.

Buy Ac3 and Halo 4 for 120 plus tax = around 130

Getting 20 bucks off on a yr sub of Xbox love = 40 bucks

Maybe use the gc of 40 bucks from the promotion of buying two games to offset the cost of Xbox sub. Assuming we can use the GC (I doubt it) on the next transaction.

So about 130 bucks for two games and yr worth of live. That's not too bad but again, we won't be able to use the GC for six hours after the first transaction.[/QUOTE]

Halo 4 and XBL would have to be purchased on same transaction, so you would be out $170 with a $40 gift card in hand.

[quote name='Enuf']Right on time for a nice pm thanks TRU for this & the ACIII $48.[/QUOTE]

what store PMs gift card deals? My bestbuy won't PM that

[quote name='radioactivez0r']TRU GCs usually take 6 hours to activate.[/QUOTE]

except that lame sale they had a few weeks ago where the gift card didn't activate for 1 week and expired after 1 month. I hope that wasn't a new precedent for toysrus.

[quote name='bigant262']Usually its the card will activate in 6 hours and it depends on what gift card for the expiration date.

That sale starts on the 9th I believe. Its part of the doorbusters sale which happen every weekend.[/QUOTE]

Is that the whole week after the 9th?

Would be nice to get Black Ops 2 with the GC.

Yeah...last year TRU did that promo around the time of MW3. I was able to have the manager PM that by dropping the price of two copies of MW3 down to 40 bucks each.

Thanks OP, actually needed these asap.
gdf

Does TRU post or make print ads for these deals? I want Best Buy to price match AC3's doorbuster price but when I asked the BBuy customer service guy if they would price match it he said I need an ad.

[quote name='CXK']Does TRU post or make print ads for these deals? I want Best Buy to price match AC3's doorbuster price but when I asked the BBuy customer service guy if they would price match it he said I need an ad.[/QUOTE]

If it shows that price on dot com that's all you need to show. Best Buy's holiday price match includes dot com competitors.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']what store PMs gift card deals? My bestbuy won't PM that[/QUOTE]It was part of their old pm policy for yrs & even though policy changed I've never had problems getting the matches at numerous TRU's. They take the amount from the GC off the titles vs issuing a BB GC which is a better deal to me anyways. Most BB's can be persuaded depending on your savvy though. From responses in previous TRU GC threads people have had success getting the matches.

[quote name='CXK']Does TRU post or make print ads for these deals? I want Best Buy to price match AC3's doorbuster price but when I asked the BBuy customer service guy if they would price match it he said I need an ad.[/QUOTE]You always have access to ads just goto the stores website & look at the weekly ad. Bring up the page for the ad on your phone.
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysru...d-these-SUPER-DEALS-and-more-in-this-weeks-ad

[quote name='Preedatore']If it shows that price on dot com that's all you need to show. Best Buy's holiday price match includes dot com competitors.[/QUOTE]The BB's generally verify the sale/price using the in-store pc's although there are some that call too.

Just checked in with my Best Buy and they most assuredly are not price matching this. They let me know with no uncertainty and rather bored expressions. Definitely with TRU on Tuesday for Halo now.

Other deals in the ad, paper ad for this week:

:ds::3ds: 2 for $40 on these games:
:3ds: The Amazing Spiderman
:3ds: Angry Birds Trilogy
:3ds: Bratz Fashion
:3ds: Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure
:3ds: Imagine Babyz
:3ds: Imagine Fashion Life
:3ds: Lalaloopsey: Carnival of Friends
:3ds: Lego Batman 2
:3ds: Lego Lord of the Rings
:3ds: Monster 4x4 3D
:3ds: Moshi Monster: Moshlings Theme Park
:3ds: Transformers Prime
:3ds: The Trash Pack
:3ds: Rayman Origins
:3ds: Wipeout 3
:3ds: Wreck-It Ralph
:ds: Big Time Rush: Backstage Pass
:ds: Poptropica Adventures
:ds: ThunderCats
:ds: Winx: Magical Fairy Party

:3ds: Buy a 3DS or 3DS XL, get a Universal Transporter for free.

:3ds: & :wii: versions only: Buy the Skylanders Giants Starter Pack for $74.99, get the Skylanders Giants Battle Pack for $6.24

Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off all Skylanders Spyro Adventures single character figures

20% off all Mattel Apptivity Games (games for tablets with a toy)

[quote name='GBAstar']any fine print about when the GC activate or can be used?

Would be interesting to see how it'd work if you bought two copies of Halo 4 and two 13? month Xbox live cards[/QUOTE]
** Offer available in-store only. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Promotional Card valid beginning 11/11/12 and expires 2/2/13, except where prohibited. Limit one promotional gift card per guest. Offer expires 11/10/12.

You got to wait a full week to use the gift card. :bomb:

the gc offer totally depends on which giftcard the cashier gives you. if it is a regular gc, it activates right way. if it is the normal promotional gc, it activates in 6 hours. or the special one saying activate on 11/11/12.

Can anyone see any reason why they wouldnt allow me to buy 2 copies of Halo 4 and get the gift card? My wife and I both want a copy so we can play on different consoles...we hate split screen.

[quote name='CXK']Can anyone see any reason why they wouldnt allow me to buy 2 copies of Halo 4 and get the gift card? My wife and I both want a copy so we can play on different consoles...we hate split screen.[/QUOTE]

Hopin' for the same. I know some places won't though.

Can someone confirm this? As there is no new weekly ad.

[quote name='Mattitudev96']As the title states, buy one $60 get a $10 gift card, buy 2 get a $40. Also, save $20 when you buy Halo 4 and a 13 month Xbox Live Card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cagcag']Can someone confirm this? As there is no new weekly ad.[/QUOTE]

Go to there website. The ad is posted there

our ad is from oct 28 - nov2, so nothing there, i might just go to store to check, thnx.

[quote name='akokonas']Go to there website. The ad is posted there[/QUOTE]

Please, no one go for this. We need to teach TrUs a lesson that after something like a decade of B2G1 FREE sales, these B2G $40 GC sales are unacceptable. Especially since even BB did it this year. Otherwise, we'll never see B2G1 free from TrUS again.

Ah found the ad, just couldn't view it via mobile site.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Please, no one go for this. We need to teach TrUs a lesson that after something like a decade of B2G1 FREE sales, these B2G $40 GC sales are unacceptable. Especially since even BB did it this year. Otherwise, we'll never see B2G1 free from TrUS again.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there Tuesday morning for 2 copies. I realize everyone wants the best possible deal for games but I'm fine with this price point. Release day purchase for Halo that nets me a 20$ GC (for each) without signing up for a membership to anything? I'll take it!

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Please, no one go for this. We need to teach TrUs a lesson that after something like a decade of B2G1 FREE sales, these B2G $40 GC sales are unacceptable. Especially since even BB did it this year. Otherwise, we'll never see B2G1 free from TrUS again.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that the B2GC deal is almost the same compared to the B2G1 deal right? The B2G1 deal gives you a $20 discount/value for each game. The B2GC deal is a $20 GC for each game. The only hurdle is having to buy them at $60 each unlike a B2G1 but I'd argue this deal is better because you're not stuck with buying 3 new games at once anyways....

I've always liked TRU. The last few months haven't been as steller but their holiday deals historically have been pretty competitive compared to Best Buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donbaloo']Same here....the best deal is in the eye of the beholder. Right now, I like this GC offer better than a B2G1 deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Donut2922']You do realize that the B2GC deal is almost the same compared to the B2G1 deal right? The B2G1 deal gives you a $20 discount/value for each game. The B2GC deal is a $20 GC for each game. The only hurdle is having to buy them at $60 each unlike a B2G1 but I'd argue this deal is better because you're not stuck with buying 3 new games at once anyways....

I've always liked TRU. The last few months haven't been as steller but their holiday deals historically have been pretty competitive compared to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I almost argued that it is the same but it isn't.. it would be if they would give normal gift cards, but all the toysrus near me give the PROMOTIONAL gift cards that can't be used until next week and expire in 2 months..

it's ridiculous that toysrus gets away with this promotional gift card crap, I would really hope people don't fall for it, I hope toysrus learns a lesson that these promotional gift cards are not acceptable.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I almost argued that it is the same but it isn't.. it would be if they would give normal gift cards, but all the toysrus near me give the PROMOTIONAL gift cards that can't be used until next week and expire in 2 months..

it's ridiculous that toysrus gets away with this promotional gift card crap, I would really hope people don't fall for it, I hope toysrus learns a lesson that these promotional gift cards are not acceptable.[/QUOTE]

Buy a standard gift card with the promotional gift card (won't be able to do it until it's valid)

OR

before you make a purchase buy a standard gift card for $5 or so and when they ring you up and the screen prompts for them to scan a gift card tell them you already have one and would like the balance applied to that.

Pretty simple work around

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I almost argued that it is the same but it isn't.. it would be if they would give normal gift cards, but all the toysrus near me give the PROMOTIONAL gift cards that can't be used until next week and expire in 2 months..

it's ridiculous that toysrus gets away with this promotional gift card crap, I would really hope people don't fall for it, I hope toysrus learns a lesson that these promotional gift cards are not acceptable.[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on what gift card you end up getting but every TRU around me have stockpiles of the promotional gift cards that allowed for use that same week it was issued (save the 6 hour activation rule) and didn't expire until the end of Feb. 2013. When TRU did the B250GC promo weeks ago, I didn't see any of the specific Skylander gift cards that limited use to the following week after.

I won't have any problems getting rid of my TRU credit by Feb either.

[quote name='Donut2922']I guess it depends on what gift card you end up getting but every TRU around me have stockpiles of the promotional gift cards that allowed for use that same week it was issued (save the 6 hour activation rule) and didn't expire until the end of Feb. 2013. When TRU did the B250GC promo weeks ago, I didn't see any of the specific Skylander gift cards that limited use to the following week after.
.[/QUOTE]

They're in every toysrus near me, and I went the first day with the promo a few weeks ago.

I could buy a gift card with it, but I still have to wait a week before I can come back and buy the card.. and still not being able to use it until next week is very lame.

We've got another baby coming in December so between that and Christmas, using up the GC is not gonna be a problem for us.

Yeah and let's not forget you earn 10% back in TRU rewards for purchases now through Christmas (up to $50 back on $500 spent).

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah and let's not forget you earn 10% back in TRU rewards for purchases now through Christmas (up to $50 back on $500 spent).[/QUOTE]
Oh nice! Forgot about that. Gonna be doubly sweet since I'm picking up mine and a friends copy of halo Tuesday! I noticed TRU is having midnight release for HALO also but no way I'm going for that. Surely it won't sell out?

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah and let's not forget you earn 10% back in TRU rewards for purchases now through Christmas (up to $50 back on $500 spent).[/QUOTE]

Just went to look at the fine print and I'm seeing that video games only get 5% back and it's a maximum of 30$ over the duration of the promotion. Are you seeing otherwise GBAstar?

bread's done
Back