TRU B1G $59.99 Get $10 GC, buy 2 get $40 GC Nov 4th-10th

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Please, no one go for this. We need to teach TrUs a lesson that after something like a decade of B2G1 FREE sales, these B2G $40 GC sales are unacceptable. Especially since even BB did it this year. Otherwise, we'll never see B2G1 free from TrUS again.

#32 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Ah found the ad, just couldn't view it via mobile site.

Please, no one go for this. We need to teach TrUs a lesson that after something like a decade of B2G1 FREE sales, these B2G $40 GC sales are unacceptable. Especially since even BB did it this year. Otherwise, we'll never see B2G1 free from TrUS again.

I'll be there Tuesday morning for 2 copies. I realize everyone wants the best possible deal for games but I'm fine with this price point. Release day purchase for Halo that nets me a 20$ GC (for each) without signing up for a membership to anything? I'll take it!

#33 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Can we stack the buy 2 $40 gift card with Halo 4 and get $20 off Xbox Live?

#34 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

You do realize that the B2GC deal is almost the same compared to the B2G1 deal right? The B2G1 deal gives you a $20 discount/value for each game. The B2GC deal is a $20 GC for each game. The only hurdle is having to buy them at $60 each unlike a B2G1 but I'd argue this deal is better because you're not stuck with buying 3 new games at once anyways....

I've always liked TRU. The last few months haven't been as steller but their holiday deals historically have been pretty competitive compared to Best Buy.

Edited by Donut2922, 04 November 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#35 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Same here....the best deal is in the eye of the beholder. Right now, I like this GC offer better than a B2G1 deal.

#36 kangchousa

kangchousa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

I just got this one via an email...

http://trus.imageg.n...0Monday%20Email

#37 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I'll be jumping on this deal to get LBP Karting but not sure what other game to get. Hmm.

"...I normally open every game I buy anymore...", "...since I ONLY usually...", "...because it's wasn't fun...", "Pretty much sure it does...", "Works always gets in...", "...I acually spelled the my user...", "this will help let more people see it as this more people see...", "You very probably won't...", "...wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition."

Please, stop butchering the English language. These are horrible.

#38 kangchousa

kangchousa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'll be jumping on this deal to get LBP Karting but not sure what other game to get. Hmm.

According to a deal thread posted earlier, there's all day, 2-day sales for $20 GC with any Xbox or PS3 $59.99 game (11/9 & 11/10). Thought you might want to know...

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330463

#39 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Same here....the best deal is in the eye of the beholder. Right now, I like this GC offer better than a B2G1 deal.

You do realize that the B2GC deal is almost the same compared to the B2G1 deal right? The B2G1 deal gives you a $20 discount/value for each game. The B2GC deal is a $20 GC for each game. The only hurdle is having to buy them at $60 each unlike a B2G1 but I'd argue this deal is better because you're not stuck with buying 3 new games at once anyways....

I've always liked TRU. The last few months haven't been as steller but their holiday deals historically have been pretty competitive compared to Best Buy.

I almost argued that it is the same but it isn't.. it would be if they would give normal gift cards, but all the toysrus near me give the PROMOTIONAL gift cards that can't be used until next week and expire in 2 months..

it's ridiculous that toysrus gets away with this promotional gift card crap, I would really hope people don't fall for it, I hope toysrus learns a lesson that these promotional gift cards are not acceptable.

#40 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Can we stack the buy 2 $40 gift card with Halo 4 and get $20 off Xbox Live?

bump

#41 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

I almost argued that it is the same but it isn't.. it would be if they would give normal gift cards, but all the toysrus near me give the PROMOTIONAL gift cards that can't be used until next week and expire in 2 months..

it's ridiculous that toysrus gets away with this promotional gift card crap, I would really hope people don't fall for it, I hope toysrus learns a lesson that these promotional gift cards are not acceptable.

Buy a standard gift card with the promotional gift card (won't be able to do it until it's valid)

OR

before you make a purchase buy a standard gift card for $5 or so and when they ring you up and the screen prompts for them to scan a gift card tell them you already have one and would like the balance applied to that.

Pretty simple work around

#42 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

I guess it depends on what gift card you end up getting but every TRU around me have stockpiles of the promotional gift cards that allowed for use that same week it was issued (save the 6 hour activation rule) and didn't expire until the end of Feb. 2013. When TRU did the B250GC promo weeks ago, I didn't see any of the specific Skylander gift cards that limited use to the following week after.

I won't have any problems getting rid of my TRU credit by Feb either.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#43 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

I guess it depends on what gift card you end up getting but every TRU around me have stockpiles of the promotional gift cards that allowed for use that same week it was issued (save the 6 hour activation rule) and didn't expire until the end of Feb. 2013. When TRU did the B250GC promo weeks ago, I didn't see any of the specific Skylander gift cards that limited use to the following week after.

They're in every toysrus near me, and I went the first day with the promo a few weeks ago.

I could buy a gift card with it, but I still have to wait a week before I can come back and buy the card.. and still not being able to use it until next week is very lame.

#44 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

We've got another baby coming in December so between that and Christmas, using up the GC is not gonna be a problem for us.

#45 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Yeah and let's not forget you earn 10% back in TRU rewards for purchases now through Christmas (up to $50 back on $500 spent).

#46 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Can I get both the b2g $40 gift card and $20 off Xbox Gold assuming one of the games is Halo 4?

#47 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Yeah and let's not forget you earn 10% back in TRU rewards for purchases now through Christmas (up to $50 back on $500 spent).

Oh nice! Forgot about that. Gonna be doubly sweet since I'm picking up mine and a friends copy of halo Tuesday! I noticed TRU is having midnight release for HALO also but no way I'm going for that. Surely it won't sell out?

#48 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Just went to look at the fine print and I'm seeing that video games only get 5% back and it's a maximum of 30$ over the duration of the promotion. Are you seeing otherwise GBAstar?

#49 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

I was told the other day by an employee @ my local TRU that they will be having a midnight release for Halo 4. Just wondering, will it be possible to get the buy 2 get $40 gc at midnight or would I have to wait until it's official release date opening time the next day on Tuesday? Was hoping to get 2 copies of the game for myself & someone else.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

I was told the other day by an employee @ my local TRU that they will be having a midnight release for Halo 4. Just wondering, will it be possible to get the buy 2 get $40 gc at midnight or would I have to wait until it's official release date opening time the next day on Tuesday? Was hoping to get 2 copies of the game for myself & someone else.

Since the buy 2 @ $59.99 get $40GC is live all week I would imagine it would work with Halo 4 at whatever point they sell it to you.

I suppose it is possible that Halo 4 didn't get coded into the promotion but I highly doubt that.

#51 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Just called and spoke to a female employee. She told me that the buy 2 games at $59.99 & get a $40 gift card should work tonight for Halo 4's midnight release so here's to hoping it does.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Sounds awesome. I'm definitely not gonna make midnight release so if anyone heads out tonight and gets two copies of HALO let me know if it works out okay. I'll be heading out first thing in the morning.

Just called and spoke to a female employee. She told me that the buy 2 games at $59.99 & get a $40 gift card should work tonight for Halo 4's midnight release so here's to hoping it does.

#53 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Yes, the gift cards will work with Halo 4 tonight.

#54 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Just went to look at the fine print and I'm seeing that video games only get 5% back and it's a maximum of 30$ over the duration of the promotion. Are you seeing otherwise GBAstar?

Aw damn that sucks....

#55 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

I wonder if the doorbuster deal will combine with this deal on Friday.

#56 x360x

x360x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I wonder if the doorbuster deal will combine with this deal on Friday.

I doubt it but that would be really good. A $30 gift card for buying a copy of halo is solid

#57 donbaloo

donbaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Grabbed two HALOs and received the 40$ card no problems. And they gave me one of the 6 hour activation cards. All is well.

#58 dcgrimes

dcgrimes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Would a pre-order count as one of the $60 games? More specifically, would buying Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 pre-order earn you the $40 GC?

#59 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Would a pre-order count as one of the $60 games? More specifically, would buying Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 pre-order earn you the $40 GC?

No. Pre orders never qualify for any sale.