Photo
- - - - -

Official F2P Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#91 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

I did the majority of that stuff when I first hit 50. Plus, I am on F2P, so I am limited as to what I am do.

Lol, forgot about that. There truly is nothing to do at 50 unless you pay. Guess they never got the memo how a F2P game is supposed to be.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#92 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Posted Image

Section X world boss on a three stack. Thing was one shotting fools left and right.

#93 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

I installed this game again but after seeing all the ridiculous restrictions I have almost no urge to play. I have to pay to get my side quick bars, title displayed, Legacy name displayed and the ability to hide my fucking helmet? Yeah, that's quite stupid.

Does anyone know if you pay for say, a month, do you keep access to all things I listed? Or does it all go away when your subscription runs out unless you pay cartel coins for it?

#94 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

I installed this game again but after seeing all the ridiculous restrictions I have almost no urge to play. I have to pay to get my side quick bars, title displayed, Legacy name displayed and the ability to hide my fucking helmet? Yeah, that's quite stupid.

Does anyone know if you pay for say, a month, do you keep access to all things I listed? Or does it all go away when your subscription runs out unless you pay cartel coins for it?

If you pay and then stop paying, you will be put on Preferred Status. Honestly, you won't need all of your skills unless you play endgame PvP or PvE.

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

#95 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

LOL! OK, before it was somewhat understandable how they wanted to get people paying but removing UI functionality? What a bunch of fucktards.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#96 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Does anyone else get the "dead people stay standing up" bug?

It happens to me a lot, and it gets pretty damn confusing in a fight. Wondering if there's some setting I can change or... something, anything.

Posted Image

#97 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Does anyone else get the "dead people stay standing up" bug?

It happens to me a lot, and it gets pretty damn confusing in a fight. Wondering if there's some setting I can change or... something, anything.

It was fixed awhile back, but now it seems to occur again. Welcome to SWTOR :D

#98 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Wow, I didn't notice the credits cap and character cap before. If I cancelled my sub, would they delete excess characters and remove excess credits, or would they come back if I resubbed?

EDIT: Reading the FAQ on the SWTOR website, looks like characters just become inactive rather than deleted. Can't seem to figure out what would happen to excess credits though.
Posted Image

#99 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Excess credits would probably be held "in escrow", as the game puts it. That's how it goes when current free players hit the cap.

Posted Image

#100 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Wow, I didn't notice the credits cap and character cap before. If I cancelled my sub, would they delete excess characters and remove excess credits, or would they come back if I resubbed?

EDIT: Reading the FAQ on the SWTOR website, looks like characters just become inactive rather than deleted. Can't seem to figure out what would happen to excess credits though.

They just announced today that all preferred players will now get 6 character slots. This means anyone with a previous subscription or those who have spent at least $5 on the cartel market will always have 6 character slots AND 4 quick bars.

#101 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

I played the game when it first came out but stopped because it felt less like an MMO and more like a RPG and I decided it wasn't worth the money each month. I was looking forward to the change to F2P until I updated and got back in the game. I don't see why anyone would want to play this as a F2P. Star Trek did it right. Oh Bioware, you should have just made a true KOTOR3.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#102 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I played the game when it first came out but stopped because it felt less like an MMO and more like a RPG and I decided it wasn't worth the money each month. I was looking forward to the change to F2P until I updated and got back in the game. I don't see why anyone would want to play this as a F2P. Star Trek did it right. Oh Bioware, you should have just made a true KOTOR3.

My record player is broken, but they didn't get the memo on what F2P stands for.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#103 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hey guys!

1.6 is just around the corner and is bringing new PvP content, The Ancient Hypergates, and new Space Missions!

Game Update 1.6 introduces a new Warzone, Ancient Hypergate, where you can team up with other players to fight for control of powerful energy pylons to unleash the power of the ancient Gree hypergate against your enemies. Six new Heroic Space Missions are also available for each faction. These missions will be a challenge even for the greatest pilots in the galaxy!

http://www.swtor.com...ember-11th-2012

For PvPers, all of the War Hero gear is now going to be priced the same as the current Battlemaster gear. This means no more complaining about gear if you get ROFL stomped!

#104 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Started playing this yesterday using the codes that I got from a free standard version and the collectors edition that I bought for $20 to get the statue.

Seems like a decent game if you just ignore the MMO parts. Through the prologue its like a slightly cheesy version of the KOTOR games. Not sure how much content later in the game requires grouping, but I will probably play through my two months with it under the disguise of a single player game.
Posted Image

#105 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hope you do enjoy it! The MMO aspect of the game is very instance oriented, which is why the game should feel like a singleplayer on the first few planets. Majority of your MMO content will be completed by you clicking a button to queue in for Flashpoints (Dungeons) and Warzones (PvP). Operations and world bosses will require travel to certain locations.

What server are you on AdvOfJet?

#106 jk555

jk555

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Is there any point to buying the $15 boxed copy? It comes with a free month, but do you have to be a subscriber to get the free month? Is it better to start off as a subscriber, or wait until you've leveled up some?

#107 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Is there any point to buying the $15 boxed copy? It comes with a free month, but do you have to be a subscriber to get the free month? Is it better to start off as a subscriber, or wait until you've leveled up some?

Level up with F2P and if you enjoy the game enough that you want to keep playing once you hit 50, then purchase the boxed copy if you like. This will put on subscriber status and allow you to have nothing locked out from you.

What server are you on jk555?

Also in other news:

New Expansion is set for pre-order, Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

http://www.swtor.com...elease/20121218

The Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel will send players to Makeb, a dual-faction planet where players will continue their battles with the merciless Hutt Cartel. During their journey, players will meet new allies, make new enemies and uncover the cutting-edge technology on this vibrant planet. Experience five new levels of story driven missions to an already expansive; epic online universe that will raise the level cap to 55.

#108 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Quick update, you have until Monday to pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel to get in on the early access!

If you don't have a level 50, then I suggest you do not bother with it then since the expansion is mainly end game content.

#109 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

I miss SWG. :(

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#110 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

I miss SWG. :(

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php

Cheating is pretty common, but they have a server up and running.

#111 Lexian

Lexian

The Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Tried getting back into after being in it the first 3 months, but for some reason having a hard time now as a F2P'er
Posted Image

#112 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Tried getting back into after being in it the first 3 months, but for some reason having a hard time now as a F2P'er

What server are you on?

And what do you mean by hard time? Just not enough quickbars? or do you feel the game is more difficult?

I am on The Bastion and I have plenty of alts that I run around on. More than happy to help anyone if they are on that server.

#113 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

My friend started playing this the other day and he claims that you no longer get gear as quest rewards, is this true?

#114 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

My friend started playing this the other day and he claims that you no longer get gear as quest rewards, is this true?

As a subscriber I am unsure of this, because I have been going on my alts and I have been getting gear from turning in my quests. However I can chime in and say that those that are F2P players you will not be able to equip any artifact quality (purple) gear/modifications. Which really only makes it an issue @ level 50 (means you can't equip endgame gear unless you purchase unlocks/sub).

As long as you have a sub friend, F2P players will still be able to have a good time with the game. I sit on tons of XP boost items and creds are easy for me to make, so a F2P player would have no need to worry about these things.

Like I said before, I am on The Bastion with a handful of lowbies!

#115 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Yeah, I know you can't equip epics as F2P, but if he's right and F2P subs don't get any sort of gear from completing quests, then that's a huge crutch only being able to rely on drops for gear. I can't imagine that's true though, because with all the F2P restrictions, that would be the worst one for people wanting to level.

#116 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

You still can receive planet/pve/pvp commendations. It may be limited in cap size, but commendations are more than enough to gear a toon.

Honestly, I sucked at this game at first and had no idea what was good and what not. I want to say I hit 50 with level 45 green gear on my first toon. The Story is not hard and because of the way the end game is designed, any gear you get before 50 is practically worthless at 50 (unless it is an orange moddable piece).

The game is free, the only thing you sacrifice is 25 GB on your HDD and the time it takes to download it.

#117 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

If you're not getting any gear outside drops and some accommodations then you're going to have a hard time just leveling. It's possible you won't even have any gear in some of your slots for a majority of the game. Do you work for Bioware? You push this awful game awfully hard.

#118 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Just a huge star wars fan :D

And a huge PvP fan. For me PvE stuff is just auto-pilot :P

As for the gear drop, I sorry I do not know the answer for gear drops for F2P players. As a subber I do get gear drops from all quests.

#119 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I am tempted to re-sub up for the expac because I would like to it and play the ne raids and stuff, but Patch 5.2 is coming for WoW and I will probably play that more. Decisions, decisions.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#120 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Play WoW for the time being. The digital expansion isn't expected for another few more months (look at late April or early May).

In light of all this, today is the last day to get the 5 day early access to the digital expansion.