Official F2P Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#181 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

I have been playing this for about two weeks now on the Prophecy of the Five server and I am really enjoying it.  The game does start of a little slow on the first two planets but after that it really opens up.  If anyone is on that server let me know.  So far I haven't had any issues getting credits and so far I have been able to buy decent upgrades for my companion and me from the GTN for less then 1000 credits per item.

TheVila.png

#182 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

I kinda stopped playing due to the fact I wasn't sure how much time I wanted to dedicate to this game. But I'm going to play again since they have double XP weekends coming up and will probably due a 60 day subscription and give it one last horrah. I'm hoping this will get me hooked and able to level quickly to 55.  

Its nice to see other CAGs playing, but unfortunately I'm on the Bastion server.

#183 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

Just ordered my 60 day subscription card and looking forwarded to playing this weekend.

Double XP and Legacy XP will be active during the following weekends:

• June 21, 2013 (1:00PM CDT / 6:00PM GMT) to June 24, 2013 (2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT)
  • June 28, 2013 (1:00PM CDT / 6:00PM GMT) to July 1, 2013 (2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT)
  • July 4, 2013 (6:00AM CDT / 11:00AM GMT) to July 8, 2013 (2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT)

#184 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

I miss the Double XP weekends already.

#185 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

@combatFlexo:  What is your toon's name?  I am always on The Bastion.  Currently have three level 55s now, Operative/Scoundrel/Powertech.

#186 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

I've never really got into any MMO games. I used to play D2 like a mutha but am looking to get into some sort of MMORPG or action rpg with some friends that's free. I've been looking at this, Path of Exile, and maybe WoW (I know you can only play to lvl 20). How is this game if you play for free? Is it worth all the time?

#187 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

I've never really got into any MMO games. I used to play D2 like a mutha but am looking to get into some sort of MMORPG or action rpg with some friends that's free. I've been looking at this, Path of Exile, and maybe WoW (I know you can only play to lvl 20). How is this game if you play for free? Is it worth all the time?

It will take a great deal of time to level (launch status slow), but with you play with friends, it can be some of best fun you can have without paying a single penny for the game.  The restrictions for F2P really hold you back from being able to make an epic endgame character, but if that is not the goal, then you'll be just fine without subbing.

#188 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

If you want a WoW like fantasy game, try out Rift.

#189 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

I am going to get this when my new laptop arrives later this week, any tips for new comers?

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#190 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

I am going to get this when my new laptop arrives later this week, any tips for new comers?

The game will be overwhelming at first, just take your time in understanding the game.  That means read the tutorial :D

Be friendly and don't beg for help, but do ask.

#191 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

The game will be overwhelming at first, just take your time in understanding the game.  That means read the tutorial :D

Be friendly and don't beg for help, but do ask.

If you've ever played an MMO, it's not overwhelming in the least.  It's extremely straightforward.

#192 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

Yes, these are not the good times you're looking for. . . :lol:

#193 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

@combatFlexo:  What is your toon's name?  I am always on The Bastion.  Currently have three level 55s now, Operative/Scoundrel/Powertech.

I'm currently lvl 43, my name is Flexodius and I'm on the PVP guild. Not sure what toon name is?  Assuming my character or guild though.

#194 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

Took me 1.5 years (well, 7 days and 14 hours of play time), but I finally hit level 50. Five more to go.

#195 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'm currently lvl 43, my name is Flexodius and I'm on the PVP guild. Not sure what toon name is?  Assuming my character or guild though.

Keep going, PvP is a different game @ 55.

Took me 1.5 years (well, 7 days and 14 hours of play time), but I finally hit level 50. Five more to go.

Make your way to Makeb, it's a fun little planet. 

#196 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

Figured I'd post in here since I've been away from CAG a while.

I'm on the Jedi Covenant server (PvE) in a Republic guild that does operations 4 times a week.  Been playing since Beta and still having a blast.

Spoiler

#197 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Make your way to Makeb, it's a fun little planet. 

Got to 55 the other week, then did all the stuff on Makeb. Now, just trying to upgrade my armor from 162 to 168, but getting ultimate commendations is quite a chore. For that matter, so is finding an EC HM group that doesn't die (it's the only one I need for the Aratech Nightscythe).

#198 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

Not sure how long this will last but I ordered 6.  $10.99 for a 60 day card.

http://www.cheapassg...icrosoft-store/

#199 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

Damn. Would've loved to have gotten in on that deal.

#200 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

Thinking about getting into this game... is it worth it with the expansion coming? I did play the trial which was ok but felt the tutorial planet was a choir.

#201 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

New expansion?  I know the Rise of the Hutt is out for free to subscribers, but it's been out since April or May of last year.  Galactic starfighter is fun but I don't play it that often and only available to subscribers right now, F2P in Feb., Preffered, should get it soon. My first character took me a while to get to 55 and now I'm really enjoying the game, the second character I'm leveling is going much smoother then the first.  I really enjoy the game and the star wars universe, I would give it another shot.  I'm currently on the Bastion.

#202 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

Thinking about getting into this game... is it worth it with the expansion coming? I did play the trial which was ok but felt the tutorial planet was a choir.

Get FFXIV instead.  SWTOR is crap.

#203 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

not into FF at all.

#204 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

not into FF at all.

Me either, until I tried it.

#205 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Actually, I'm enjoying both FF and Swtor.