NBA 2K13 PC Thread - Useful Mods Listed

MC Kage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
nba-2k13-pc.jpg

PC-DVD Release Date: 10/2/12
Steam DD Release Date: 10/30/12 (Delayed Twice)

Being a huge fan of both basketball and videos games, 2K is a must even tho it has its many flaws.
I've bought every 2K for 360 since the next-gen consoles started with 2K6, but now I'm done with all the broken Xbox's and moved to PC. I actually did have NBA 2K9 for PC tho.
Just decided to start up a discussion thread for the PC edition, complaints, feedback thoughts, maybe organize an online Association, but mostly complaints if you need to let out how horribly neglected the PC version is by 2K.

Also I'll try and post some useful mods/patches, luckily there's good and talented people out there that care about the PC game. and I'll add more along the way.

Here are sites I've found useful:

Currently I'm running 2K13 fine on max setting except for some irritating graphic cutting in the crowd during up and down the court sequences. Using a NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M 1GB. Might mess around with the gfx card settings because it might be something there that's causing it. Not a big deal but I'm OCD with that sort of thing.

The game just looked horrible when I got it but some of these mods I'm using have dramatically improved visual performance/quality. These are all via. NLSC and I've tried all of them or am using most at the moment unless otherwise noted.

Game Art Updates:
Main Game Art Updates (Both use one single global.iff file, very simple - which will also make your default factory roster the newest roster if you use one of these. Make sure to backup if you might think you'd want to revert. Anyways, try both and see what you like - I'm using Superglobal Creeds v2 but I also like the feel of L.A.B.'s. These are probably the most significant mod you can use to improve visuals and feel of the game - if your browsing through mods and you see Player Shadows or Shine - you won't need them if you use one of these as they are reflected in the global.iff)
[*make sure you backup the original files of everything you overwrite to save from re-downloading if you want to revert back to default]:
-Superglobal Creeds v2 - with SJ AC3 Shadow Mod
-L.A.B. Hyperion Global

Optional Game Art Add-On's:
-Real Sideline Commentators, Cheerleaders & Refs
-Improved Crowd Lighting

Game Art Add-On's for those who Record Video/or Otherwise (Have Not Tried Any of These):
-In-Game Watermark Remover
-Replay Indicator Remover & NBA Live Ability Icons

Frontend Art Updates (These are basically aesthetical touches, not necessarily enchancements - only effects presentation):
-TNT Mode Part 1 - Team Logos

Player & Coach Updates (Adds Portraits for Coaches & Players Photos in Menus and In-Game Photos of Players i.e. Donatas Montiejunas) [Make sure to back these up]:
-Daninoz Portraits

Court Enhancements (Visual; floor textures, reflections, correct sideline ads, court designs i.e. Cavs court):
-ALL 30 NBA teams floor project V2 (Newly Released Have Yet to Try But Will - Should be Good)
-All 30 NBA Teams Floor Reflection Project (Currently using - basically only the reflections from the pack above, will switch to the above tho)

Hope some of these help, feel free to add.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll grab it eventually as I do with every 2K game. Really interested in the new controls this year.

[quote name='sirius389']I might check out some of these mods soon. Any that you would recommend for starters?[/QUOTE]

The Game Art Updates I'd definitely recommend. They up the graphics, or at least make the game look a bit better, just through one file (global.iff). Basically a straight copy and paste into the 2K13 folder.

Anyone still playing this? Just got it for $10. Couple of annoying bugs but I can't complain for the price.

I'm a huge basketball fan but never got into 2k. Glad I bit on this, I'm having a blast with the My Career mode.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Anyone still playing this? Just got it for $10. Couple of annoying bugs but I can't complain for the price.

I'm a huge basketball fan but never got into 2k. Glad I bit on this, I'm having a blast with the My Career mode.[/QUOTE]

2K10 and 2K11 are probably my two favorites for the next-gen consoles of 2K (2K6-2K13). Great series.

Association mode is just as addicting as always.

bread's done
Back