Photo
- - - - -

Amazing spiderman blu ray deals

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

was really happy to see that the expedited shipping pre-order I placed Sunday morning for the BBY Steelbook, which shipped Wednesday, arrived today before lunch! So sweet that there were four discs in there and the flapper snaps into place. I think there is also some DLC in there for the video game (though not sure, was looking at it while driving) Just disappointed that its not 7.1 Audio b/c it seems like the last 3 high profile movies I've purchased all had it..oh well, looking forward to watching this for the first time!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#32 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Grabbed the Steelbook as well. Wish I could've found a Skippy coupon to use, but there weren't any in my area.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#33 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

was really happy to see that the expedited shipping pre-order I placed Sunday morning for the BBY Steelbook, which shipped Wednesday, arrived today before lunch! So sweet that there were four discs in there and the flapper snaps into place. I think there is also some DLC in there for the video game (though not sure, was looking at it while driving) Just disappointed that its not 7.1 Audio b/c it seems like the last 3 high profile movies I've purchased all had it..oh well, looking forward to watching this for the first time!!

I'm guessing the free shipping they offered is not the expedited shipping you speak of? Best Buy shipped mine through UPS Mail Innovations (aka UPS ships to the worst service provider in the country - USPS). I could not take the chance that it actually gets here safely considering USPS will handle it so I picked one up at the store this morning lol.

Firstly, USPS never rings my bell, just leaves the "Sorry we missed you" note adding an extra day or 3 to delivery time. Secondly, they sometimes just leave the package at the entrance of my apartment building which has no doorman and lots of dishonest people. Thirdly, they mishandle a lot of stuff I get, causing it to arrived damaged.

I ordered online just to lock in a pre-order in case I somehow missed out in store but I thought I'd have more time to cancel the order. I had a reward zone certificate that I didn't get to apply on my online order anyway so I'll just be returning steelbook I get in the mail or try to sell it if I can make a few bucks on it (and it doesnt arrive dented as hell lol).

#34 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

^^yes, there were two options, the Expedited and the Free. Perhaps the expedited only applied to RZ Silver members, which I am. And as far as I know, it was straight-up UPS. However, it was in a standard plastic mailer, no bubble lining or protection, but luckily it was damage free...

IDK, were you able to pick one up in store? I wouldn't return the one thru the mail just b/c the one you ordered may arrive next week.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#35 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Well it was more than just taking a while to arrive. I got a $20 reward zone certificate after I already pre-ordered online and it was already too late to cancel or change the order. Also since I don't trust USPS I wanted to pick up a dent-free copy in store in case they do Fuck it up lol. If it came dented, by the time it arrived all the copies in store would most likely be completely gone so I just couldn't take the chance that I could not exchange it. And I don't need two copies so I'll just be returning the one I get in the mail unless I can sell it to someone else.

#36 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Picked one up today. If you are having trouble finding one, check the top of the New Release rack. The 5 that my store had in stock were stacked up there next to the Avengers Gift Set.

#37 tyron3biggum5

tyron3biggum5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Did anyone get the Target exclusive? If so, what's on the bonus disc? Is it a Blu-ray or DVD? What's the length of the bonus?

#38 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

^^yes, there were two options, the Expedited and the Free. Perhaps the expedited only applied to RZ Silver members, which I am. And as far as I know, it was straight-up UPS. However, it was in a standard plastic mailer, no bubble lining or protection, but luckily it was damage free...

IDK, were you able to pick one up in store? I wouldn't return the one thru the mail just b/c the one you ordered may arrive next week.

That's how my Snow White & The Huntsman steelbook was packaged, though as you can see earlier in the thread, they destroyed three of them packaged like that.

Fourth one was packaged in a box with airpack around it. That survived OK.

Target did the same thing with my ET steelbook as well, though I could exchange that in-store thankfully.

#39 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Did anyone get the Target exclusive? If so, what's on the bonus disc? Is it a Blu-ray or DVD? What's the length of the bonus?

I haven't watched it yet - the disc is a DVD (even with the BR).

#40 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

As stated above: it's only on DVD. It's just one documentary entitled "A Hero Will Rise" and it's just under 19 minutes in length... that's it.

It's a fairly well done documentary, but the Avengers bonus disc was SOOO much better!

#41 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

For anyone interested Amazon dropped the price of the "Limited Edition" Amazing Spider-Man 3D version, the one that comes with the figurines.

http://www.amazon.co...azing spiderman

Which appears to be a PM to best buy: http://www.bestbuy.c...erman&lp=3&cp=1

Though BBs site says its a three disc version...
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers