Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3001 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Though this has been asnwered somewhere else I am sure, is Best Buy done with print subscriptions now? I was automatically given the digital in store last week, and the response I got online seems to indicate they are no longer shipping magazines when I asked to be converted back into a print sub.
It is a defect in language that words suggest permanent realities and people do not see through this deception.

- Prajnaparamita

#3002 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

My GOW:J PO that I made yesterday is scheduled to be delivered tonight. It was expedited (silver) shipping but that is still really fast. BB is 2 for 2 on release day delivery for POs i made the day before.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#3003 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

whoa. i just got 2500 pending points. god of war and 3 orders of over $10. i smell glitch. hopefully it comes to fruition. oh yeah, velo, stfu!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3004 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

whoa. i just got 2500 pending points. god of war and 3 orders of over $10. i smell glitch. hopefully it comes to fruition. oh yeah, velo, stfu!

Velo, STFU!

Spoiler

#3005 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

yeah my points seemed to have been clogged in the system cuz i didnt even see my god of war instore pickup that i did on friday til today, so that's over 7 days. but have faith. lol. these points could disappear any moment tho, they arent real giftcards, so let's just wait this out and see what happens. that said, im gonna go grab another $20 kindle card...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3006 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

shhhhh don't let it turn into the "$10" codes from summer ;)

#3007 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

shhhhh don't let it turn into the "$10" codes from summer ;)

It won't since you have to actually spend money here the whole time ;)

#3008 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

I don't know about online, but when I got my Halo 4 LE instore they messed up the first transaction and had to restart it, which gave me two sets of armor codes. If you want multiple codes I'd play it safe and order multiple copies on separate transactions.

Similar. When I picked up my preorder GOWA, the register kept charging me $5 for the preorder DLC. The cashier kept spewing BS that my $5 deposit was paying for it. He had to suspend/cancel transaction 2x. Manager didn't know much either so he override the DLC to $0. In the end I got 3 DLC codes dealing with this 30min crap.

#3009 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

Similar. When I picked up my preorder GOWA, the register kept charging me $5 for the preorder DLC. The cashier kept spewing BS that my $5 deposit was paying for it. He had to suspend/cancel transaction 2x. Manager didn't know much either so he override the DLC to $0. In the end I got 3 DLC codes dealing with this 30min crap.

This promotion gets worse and worse by the days.

My store told me the same thing so what did the Store Manager do? He sold the game with a PM in the total of the preorder. In other words, the preorder pickup wasn't rung out properly for the $20 RZ.

With this and last week being clusterfucks, this week will see my return of both games (Gears and God of War) since I was not able to get PMs on either. I found both titles at Target and did their B2G1 (i.e. making them $20 off/each).

Dear Best Buy,
Please hire the IT guys who designed Gamestop's preorder system. Your system is one big POS.
Thanks,
lordopus99

#3010 Dhuk

Dhuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

This promotion gets worse and worse by the days.

My store told me the same thing so what did the Store Manager do? He sold the game with a PM in the total of the preorder. In other words, the preorder pickup wasn't rung out properly for the $20 RZ.

With this and last week being clusterfucks, this week will see my return of both games (Gears and God of War) since I was not able to get PMs on either. I found both titles at Target and did their B2G1 (i.e. making them $20 off/each).

Dear Best Buy,
Please hire the IT guys who designed Gamestop's preorder system. Your system is one big POS.
Thanks,
lordopus99

Good post. Not just the PO system, inventory checker too. Probably should post it on bb forums.

#3011 bang4dabuc

bang4dabuc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Just did a pricematch on Metal Gear Rising to Amazon for $49.77. Getting back just over $11 after tax.

Game came out 2/19 so non-silver members who purchased on release date should still be able to PM.

#3012 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

Anyone who was able to pricematch Gears of War pre-order price to Fry's have that reflected in their order? I just checked my order and I was charged the normal price, not the 49.99 I was promised.

#3013 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

Just did a pricematch on Metal Gear Rising to Amazon for $49.77. Getting back just over $11 after tax.

Game came out 2/19 so non-silver members who purchased on release date should still be able to PM.

Was it being sold by Amazon themselves when you got the PM? Now it's sold by another company and fulfilled by Amazon for a similar price. Does that even make a difference for a BB PM?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3014 deathfromace

deathfromace

Sega Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

Though this has been asnwered somewhere else I am sure, is Best Buy done with print subscriptions now? I was automatically given the digital in store last week, and the response I got online seems to indicate they are no longer shipping magazines when I asked to be converted back into a print sub.

The magazine has moved to only digital now.

Trade List - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330011

All the Sega games I own. Box 16,17,18 (updated 6/13/2014) - https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#3015 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

^Subscribers before the change to digital will continue to receive physical magazines till the subscription ends or if they renew.

Was it being sold by Amazon themselves when you got the PM? Now it's sold by another company and fulfilled by Amazon for a similar price. Does that even make a difference for a BB PM?

Fulfilled by Amazon does not work for PM, but if you check on the right side where they list other sellers Amazon.com is there.

#3016 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

Wife and i picked up Gears tonight that we've had preordered for a month, as well as the 1600+400ms point promo each.

They had NO idea what they were doing... we almost had to walk out without the preorder bonus codes.

It literally took TWO HOURS for them to figure everything out "Since the system has changed"

Ugh... worst experience with best buy so far.

#3017 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Not a huge fan of what they did to Gears. No Horde mode, can't plant nades, can only have 1 main weapon, and very little Versus play styles.

Haven't touched the campaign yet.

xivpads.png

#3018 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Wife and i picked up Gears tonight that we've had preordered for a month, as well as the 1600+400ms point promo each.

They had NO idea what they were doing... we almost had to walk out without the preorder bonus codes.

It literally took TWO HOURS for them to figure everything out "Since the system has changed"

Just preorder online. It's more reliable.

I picked up my copy and it took 5 minutes. My code was emailed to me within 10 minutes of pickup.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#3019 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

Did you guys get the correct Bioshock codes?

I received two emails from Best Buy with two different codes for the Bioshock website mini game. However, I believe the second email should have been for a ps3 code for the pre-order dlc. I haven't received an email for that.

#3020 deathfromace

deathfromace

Sega Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

To be fair the systems have changed and Best Buy literally taught no one how to do it under the new system. Though the new way is very easy to learn and most people should be able to stumble through it...the pre-order system was messing up today from around 10am-3pm central time in every store.

Still sorry you had a bad experience. I tend to give extra left over pre-order bonuses to people that have to wait for something that is either my fault or the systems fault.

Trade List - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330011

All the Sega games I own. Box 16,17,18 (updated 6/13/2014) - https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#3021 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Does BB PM Amazon through customer service? Did shipping for MGRR, so I'm not sure if it's only an in-store thing.

#3022 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Fulfilled by Amazon does not work for PM, but if you check on the right side where they list other sellers Amazon.com is there.

Does BB PM Amazon through customer service? Did shipping for MGRR, so I'm not sure if it's only an in-store thing.

They'll PM Amazon but you have to call them since you ordered online. Make sure to point out that Amazon is listed as a seller on the right like usagi said above.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3023 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Just in time for BioShock. One last hurrah before the new policy kicks in, I guess. Still will probably ride the $20 RZ cert train since it's the best deal for people like me who like to play games at release.

EDIT: About how long does it take to receive the confirmation order e-mail? Placed my BioShock order about 5-10 minutes ago and still haven't got the confirmation yet in my regular or spam inbox.

#3024 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

My store (and the policy) indicates that online price matches (amazon, officedepot, newegg) have to be done at the time of purchase, not afterwards. It's dumb. This policy pre-dated all the changes to the program.
Spoiler

#3025 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

My store (and the policy) indicates that online price matches (amazon, officedepot, newegg) have to be done at the time of purchase, not afterwards. It's dumb. This policy pre-dated all the changes to the program.

If you bought the item before the 3rd of March you follow the old policy, the 3rd and after follow the new policy.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3026 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Sorry- i was commenting on the "store pick-up" stuff. I bought a Ni No Kuni guide on the website for store pick-up and tried to get a price match later. The store wouldn't adjust it, so i had to call the hotline and they wouldn't pricematch for me after the fact. This was a few months ago.
Spoiler

#3027 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Sorry- i was commenting on the "store pick-up" stuff. I bought a Ni No Kuni guide on the website for store pick-up and tried to get a price match later. The store wouldn't adjust it, so i had to call the hotline and they wouldn't pricematch for me after the fact. This was a few months ago.

I would have asked to speak to a supervisor or just called back, to me it sounds like you gave up rather easily.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3028 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

When calling Best Buy customer service the #1 rule is be persistent. Make another call if you don't get a good rep or ask for a supervisor like Saix_XIII said to do.

#3029 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

yeah they kept telling my girl crysis 3 at gamestop couldnt be pricematched cuz not the hunter edition. i told her not to hang up til she got that 20 back through price matching. lol. patience persistence etc

also i just got bioshock infinite industrial revolution codes for finkmanufacturing.com. odd

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3030 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

I would have asked to speak to a supervisor or just called back, to me it sounds like you gave up rather easily.

When calling Best Buy customer service the #1 rule is be persistent. Make another call if you don't get a good rep or ask for a supervisor like Saix_XIII said to do.

yeah they kept telling my girl crysis 3 at gamestop couldnt be pricematched cuz not the hunter edition. i told her not to hang up til she got that 20 back through price matching. lol. patience persistence etc

also i just got bioshock infinite industrial revolution codes for finkmanufacturing.com. odd

Listen to these guys. Be persistent.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png