Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#331 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I just called to Price Match Halo 4 and BLOPS 2. I had no problem with Halo since it was delivered. But with BLOPS 2 I did in store pick up so they gave me a hard time. I said then how do I get a price match. There is no difference between delivered or pick up. The woman put it through and said she was breaking the rules for me. I rarely price match but it seems like on these pre-orders that delivery is the way to go. It is just too bad that my Premier Silver ends in February.

Out of curiosity, are you sure your Premier Silver membership ends in February 2013? My account says Feb. 2014, and I was one of those who received a random upgrade to Silver.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#332 plastik3000

plastik3000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Looks like my Black Ops II cert is going to take the full 35 days.

#333 goldeneye64

goldeneye64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Out of curiosity, are you sure your Premier Silver membership ends in February 2013? My account says Feb. 2014, and I was one of those who received a random upgrade to Silver.

According to my card and account I only have Silver til February 2013. I received the free random upgrade around this time last year.

#334 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

According to my card and account I only have Silver til February 2013. I received the free random upgrade around this time last year.

Oh, that explains it.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

#335 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Looks like my Black Ops II cert is going to take the full 35 days.

The game didn't come out till Nov 13th. Its currently Dec 9th. It hasn't even been 30 days yet.

#336 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

I cannot understand why people continue to try to game the system with this offer. The $20 cert and Price match are more than enough to make them great deals. Trying to find ways to combine them with other offers BBY did not intend only hurts future offers.

Economic is tough, gotta use those CAG skill to the max.8-)

#337 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Finally got my Far Cry 3 preorder code from the BBY forum. I know this is suppose to be inputted in game but why does the email say Xbox?

#338 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Finally got my Far Cry 3 preorder code from the BBY forum. I know this is suppose to be inputted in game but why does the email say Xbox?

They say that regardless of how you actually have to enter the code.

#339 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Economic is tough, gotta use those CAG skill to the max.8-)

As long as you're using that saved money for a college education, I'm ok with it. Maybe a focus on English.

#340 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Halo can still be pm'd due to the holiday return policy right?

Also, where did you pm blops with?

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#341 goldeneye64

goldeneye64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

What also confused the hell out of me was the message was sent to me XXX-XXXX-XXXX.....So it made me assume it needed to be used as a regular Xbox code not in game and that they forgot a number or letter in my code.

Also, where did you pm blops with?

Best Buy has it for $49.99. Its on their website and in the fine print underneath the ad for the Wii U version

#342 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Oh lol now I really need to go to bb....

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#343 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

atm GTAV is the only title I would even consider, the other things look short and rather wait a month or 2 and get half off. unless GTAV is as bad as 4 then it is almost guaranteed to be fun for weeks.

#344 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

atm GTAV is the only title I would even consider, the other things look short and rather wait a month or 2 and get half off. unless GTAV is as bad as 4 then it is almost guaranteed to be fun for weeks.

Please shut up with saying GTA 4 is bad, there's a reason it's one of the highest rated games of all time.

Yes, you may want to pretend it makes you a better person saying the game is bad while you hold a pinky in the air but all it does is show you have awful taste, and that's nothing to brag about.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#345 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

My farcry 3 points are now showing the extra 1000 pending. Also, I was going to PM Black Ops, will that cause any issues with the 1000 pt bonus I got on it?

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#346 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Also have 1,000 pending for Far Cry 3.

zeb06-As long as they do a price match (top of receipt) you will be fine.

#347 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You must have some pretty awesome crystal ball to know ALL those games will be short and half price after a month or 2....which by the way would make them price match eligible.

#348 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Farcry 1000 points are now pending:D

#349 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

*siiiiiiiiiigh*

When I picked up FC3 last week, I had to go to Store Pickup, not Customer Service; I wish they didn't leave preorders there, because the employee I got had no real clue how to process a preorder.

He returned the $5 preorder, handed me the $5 on a gift card--I knew I was screwed at this point since that never happened with my prior pickups--and rang up FC3 in a separate transaction, asking for the $5 GC when it was time to pay. Oddly enough, I did get the preorder bonus on the receipt and emailed to me, but for whatever reason, I don't see my Silver membership information on the receipt anywhere, and the transaction hasn't appeared in any way, shape, or form on RZ.com (while purchases I've made since then are already visible/pending). I didn't do anything right away since I was holding out hope that the $20 would appear--why else would I have gotten the preorder bonus without my having to ask?

I've already done "Report missing points" for the transaction itself, though I doubt this will help with the 1000 RZ points. I want to send a PM to a gaming mod on the BBY forums, but I figure I should wait until it's been a week since my "pickup" (Wednesday). Man, I wish I could remember the name of that employee so I can tell someone about him; I don't think he's a bad employee, he just completely lacks the training he should have gotten before being assigned to Store Pickup. Also, I don't mean to sound arrogant, but he came across as sort of...unmotivated. :\

Another example: When I bought a couple of games with @Gamer coupons, he didn't scan the coupon barcodes, but he entered them into the register as manufacturer coupons--this means that I got the flat $$ amount taken off the purchase, but unlike with @Gamer coupons, I didn't get the associated tax deducted as well (e.g., $20 off a game would equate to $20+tax off the purchase)!

*grumble grumble* :bomb:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#350 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

*siiiiiiiiiigh*

When I picked up FC3 last week, I had to go to Store Pickup, not Customer Service; I wish they didn't leave preorders there, because the employee I got had no real clue how to process a preorder.

Spoiler

*grumble grumble* :bomb:

Did he ask for your RZ info at anytime during the Far Cry 3 transaction? We all know that is a big problem. WE have to be on top of it.

#351 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Halo can still be pm'd due to the holiday return policy right?

I'd like to know this as well

#352 htz

htz

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'd like to know this as well

Yes.

#353 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Yes.

Yes it can? I'm like 3 days passed my 30 days.

#354 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

I just got back from BestBuy and can confirm that anything between November 4th and January 1st can be price matched. Just did the Halo 4 price match on the two copies I bought. Also did a price match on Far Cry 3 & Hitman Absolution in order to get the $40 gift card which is part of BestBuys current ad. So Paid $50 originally for each copy of Halo 4 (Frys pricematch day of release). Got a $20 RZ Cert for one copy, then price matched both down to $40 each. So all in all $30 for each copy. I love me some BestBuy.

#355 htz

htz

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Yes it can? I'm like 3 days passed my 30 days.

1. Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com through January 24, 2013. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' Web site prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale. Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

As long as it doesn't fall into anything in the red section you can price match till January 24, 2013.

#356 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Did he ask for your RZ info at anytime during the Far Cry 3 transaction? We all know that is a big problem. WE have to be on top of it.

What tripped me up is that I remember confirming my personal information on the touchpad (you know, for credit cards) for both transactions, and like I said, I was emailed the preorder bonus code, so somehow he got my information (or at least my email address); I'm a bit confused as to how my RZ info wasn't entered.

But yeah, I know we should be on top of it. Either way, though, I wouldn't have gotten the $20 in RZ points thanks to him returning the preorder.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#357 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

As long as it doesn't fall into anything in the red section you can price match till January 24, 2013.

Oh and RZ silver members have until February 22nd. I'm still amazed!

#358 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

What tripped me up is that I remember confirming my personal information on the touchpad (you know, for credit cards) for both transactions, and like I said, I was emailed the preorder bonus code, so somehow he got my information (or at least my email address); I'm a bit confused as to how my RZ info wasn't entered.

But yeah, I know we should be on top of it. Either way, though, I wouldn't have gotten the $20 in RZ points thanks to him returning the preorder.

Hmmm...the first one was definitely for the return of the $5, maybe there was a spot for him to enter your info for the DLC, but needed to re-enter it for the actual transaction. I vaguely remember being asked for my RZ info 3 or more times when I picked up my Far Cry 3.

I hope doing the missing receipts thing gets you your bonus RZ points without having to wait and call in.

As always folks, if you don't see Your name here, Thanks for shopping at Best Buy today! under your transaction on the receipt then your RZ info was not entered.

#359 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Was able to pm my halo 4 . Thank you guys.

#360 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Also have 1,000 pending for Far Cry 3.

zeb06-As long as they do a price match (top of receipt) you will be fine.

Hmm...i preordered online so I guess I could ask before they give the credit to make sure. Then if anything does happen I'm sure CS would fix it no problem but hopefully it'll be good.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416