Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#361 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

I apologize if it's already been explained but can somebody fill me in on how to properly get a "price-match" AND not lose your 1000RZ pts from the pre-order deal?

My experience is that they always do a return and repurchase with price-adjust when I get a price-match and thus the 1000pt bonus would go away on the "return" step and would NOT come back on the "regular" repurchase with price-adjust.
Spoiler

#362 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

I apologize if it's already been explained but can somebody fill me in on how to properly get a "price-match" AND not lose your 1000RZ pts from the pre-order deal?

My experience is that they always do a return and repurchase with price-adjust when I get a price-match and thus the 1000pt bonus would go away on the "return" step and would NOT come back on the "regular" repurchase with price-adjust.

Same here except I ordered online for my last two games, so no idea how they'd do an adjustment for online orders.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#363 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

My farcry 3 points are pending now too

Funny thing is they a pending under the pricematch transaction and not the original transaction

Does anybody know if RZ certificates can still be used for a Visa Prepaid debit card like last year, Im wondering this because Im thinking about upgrading me and my mothers phones to ipohnes and both phones would come with 100 dollars in certificates

Killer deal too BB is basically paying me 50 dollars to upgrade to an Iphone 4s so Im thinking why the hell not
Posted Image
Posted Image

#364 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

As long as it doesn't fall into anything in the red section you can price match till January 24, 2013.

Thanks htz

#365 i MarK i

i MarK i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

I havent gotten my $20 for halo 4 yet but I was randomly issued a $50 cert today. Which is weird cause I have my RZ certs set at $5

#366 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

My farcry 3 points are pending now too

Funny thing is they a pending under the pricematch transaction and not the original transaction

Does anybody know if RZ certificates can still be used for a Visa Prepaid debit card like last year, Im wondering this because Im thinking about upgrading me and my mothers phones to ipohnes and both phones would come with 100 dollars in certificates

Killer deal too BB is basically paying me 50 dollars to upgrade to an Iphone 4s so Im thinking why the hell not

Enuf stated that BB no longer allows this. The system does not allow it as a form of payment for PP Visas.

#367 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Just a heads up that Dead Space 3 for Xbox 360 is now fixed and able to preorder online now.

#368 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Someone refresh my memory. Who's going to have Far Cry 3 on sale next week so we can PM?

#369 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Well, the transaction in which I bought Far Cry 3 and the preorder bonus is pending now, but no 1000 points. I know that's not enough to conclude they won't appear, but based on what I went through for that transaction, I think I'm going to PM a BBY forums mod.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#370 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

Someone refresh my memory. Who's going to have Far Cry 3 on sale next week so we can PM?

TRU next week. Fry's today and tomorrow.

#371 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

TRU next week. Fry's today and tomorrow.

Kmart and Target, too.

#372 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Well, the transaction in which I bought Far Cry 3 and the preorder bonus is pending now, but no 1000 points. I know that's not enough to conclude they won't appear, but based on what I went through for that transaction, I think I'm going to PM a BBY forums mod.

I think they botched my pre-order with a manual override. My points still have not shown up on the transaction on myrewardzone.com and it looks like they sold me the "preorder bonus" instead of ringing up the actual pre-order. You know for BB having been doing these pre-orders for a while now you'd think they would have ironed out these details by now.
Spoiler

#373 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

My Far Cry 3 points have cleared - every transaction went smoothly for me with the 2012 promo, can't wait to do it again in 2013. I'll have that next gen Xbox paid for with all RZ certificates!
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#374 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

So I bought Hitman absolution for $60 with the $20gc 2 weeks ago. It's 39.99 now at GS and amazon, can I go back in store and get $20 back?

#375 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

This is still a good program (I'm not putting it down or anything), but I don't think I'll be taking part in it next year. I was only able to get Assasin's Creed 3 price matched, and even that required a hassle. Although paying $40 for Borderlands 2 didn't bother me, the $40 copy of Dishonored sitting next to my whale oil lamp seems like such a waste.

By the time I'd get around to playing South Park, Bioshock Infinite, or The Last of Us they'll certainly be cheaper than $40.

#376 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

:shock: Um...wow...I'm totally and utterly speechless right now.

Someone managing myrz.com must be on the ball, because I now have the 1000 points from FC3 pending, even though I was sure that transaction wasn't processed correctly.

That's pretty awesome. \\:D/

This is still a good program (I'm not putting it down or anything), but I don't think I'll be taking part in it next year. I was only able to get Assasin's Creed 3 price matched, and even that required a hassle. Although paying $40 for Borderlands 2 didn't bother me, the $40 copy of Dishonored sitting next to my whale oil lamp seems like such a waste.

By the time I'd get around to playing South Park, Bioshock Infinite, or The Last of Us they'll certainly be cheaper than $40.

This really is the best program if you're able to play the games you get immediately or soon after you pick them up; to that end, I think I'll be a bit choosier with my preorders for next year (for instance, I think I can wait for Dead Space 3 to drop, but I'm picking up The Last of Us DAY-ONE, son ;)).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#377 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

I was only able to get Assasin's Creed 3 price matched, and even that required a hassle.

I would call up Best Buy about that and then have a talk with your store, there's no reason why any of your matches should have been a problem.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#378 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

I bought all of the games from the 2012 promo and was able to price match all of them down to $40 (i have silver status and did all my PMs over the phone because I did in-store pickup or had it shipped to home).
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#379 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

So I bought Hitman absolution for $60 with the $20gc 2 weeks ago. It's 39.99 now at GS and amazon, can I go back in store and get $20 back?

YMMV. The original transaction shows up as a bundle. A lot of people have already tried and most have reported that the store will ask for the GC back.
Posted Image

#380 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Did anyone get a $10 RZ certificate in the mail? I got one in my account online and just got one in the mail.

Edit: nvm just tried to use and says its been redeemed so it must be the same one from the one you got in your account online

Edited by JohnWayne, 13 December 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#381 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I bought all of the games from the 2012 promo and was able to price match all of them down to $40 (i have silver status and did all my PMs over the phone because I did in-store pickup or had it shipped to home).

How did you get Call of Duty for $40?

#382 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Do you need silver status to pm over the phone?

Also, does anyone know if this deal is good for limited editions? Looking to get the songbird version of bioshock.

#383 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Do you need silver status to pm over the phone?

Also, does anyone know if this deal is good for limited editions? Looking to get the songbird version of bioshock.

No.

Yes.

#384 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

I would call up Best Buy about that and then have a talk with your store, there's no reason why any of your matches should have been a problem.

I wasn't very clear, the hassle wasn't the store's fault. I tried to have them price match K-mart(?) on the day I picked it up, and there was an issue with the system not giving me back the $5 I already put down nor was it pricematching correctly. They eventually just called over a manager and did a price override to mark it down to $45.

Of course, if the game had dropped again I was going to have a hard time explaining that they should give me back $5 more than the actual difference since I paid $50 and not the $45 indicated on the receipt.

#385 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

No.

Yes.

Perfect thanks.

#386 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

Price match opportunity for black ops 2 and far cry 3 @ target next week.
$39.99 each

#387 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

$39.99 each

Awesome, that's another $10 back for FC3. Thanks for the heads-up! :D

Cloud_Squall78.png

#388 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Awesome...$10 back for Black Ops and $20 back for FC3.

Can someone tell me exactly how to do a "post-purchase" price match at BBY from another retailer?

I've done several where I match BBY's current price, but never have gotten them to match another competitor price with a game I bought FROM BBY.

I just don't want them to take back any of my certs, etc.
Posted Image

#389 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

I for sure want to get Bioshock, Deadspace, GTA V, and Last Of Us. Maybe a few more.

#390 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

$39.99 each

I just PMed FC3 to $50...should be my last pm unless they drop to $30-35 which I doubt.
Posted Image