Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 DragoonKnight

DragoonKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

I think this deal is better personally. I got 6 games from this year's promotion (Madden, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, RE6, Halo 4, AC3).

$60*6*1.09(9% tax in my state) = $392.40 - ($120 in certs) - ($10 in certs from standard reward zone points) = $262.40.

48*6 = $288

I know it's not perfect because the savings aren't instant and require you to continue to shop at Best Buy, but the possibility of a PM and the pre-order bonuses make it worthwhile to me.

#32 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

for me:

unless I hear anything great about the other games (ps3)
its hard to say no to these deals, you get almost $25 for each game and then you price match it down another $20 or so and you have a game you get on day one for $20 or less.
Posted Image

#33 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

Could always factor in selling DLC too, not everyone does it, but I do, makes games even cheaper.

#34 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

The problem is not all games hit $50. IE NBA 2K13.

1 game out of 20(?) Now hasn't gone to $50?

And yes the 20 includes last years b2g1 free deal.

Also Newegg is not tax free, but people will always claim fraud in this area and won't be convinced otherwise.

#35 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Nice, great to see the promo continues with another round of excellent games.

Just like in the current promo, I will buy every game listed, keep the ones I want (Bioshock!), sell the rest, PM all of the titles within my Silver 60 day timeframe, and pocket the $20 GC plus the points made off the purchases.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#36 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

Even so it is not a better deal. Now that it takes 2 weeks to get your Cert you can use them on games. Here is an example buying 6 games with no price match.

Game 1 $60 + tax (for me (5%) that makes them $63). $20 Cert
Game 2 $40 + tax ($42) + $20 Cert
Game 3 $40 + tax ($42) + $20 Cert
Game 4 $63 + tax ($63) + $20 Cert
Game 5 $63 + tax ($63) + $20 Cert
Game 6 $5 + tax ($5.25) + $25 in certs left

=$278 + $25 Cert

Vs

6 games x $48 = 288

Now every game you get to PM makes it even cheaper. ACIII already gets a $10 PM this week. It is not blowing it out of the water but it is a better deal and can only get better. The NewEgg deal is set in stone.

They clear in two weeks now? Been too busy to follow other thread and I wasnt aware that certs didnt lower the value on items now. So not effecting price matching at all.

#37 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

The problem is not all games hit $50. IE NBA 2K13.

Yeah, it's been out a month. Silver status gives you an extra 30 days. I know not everyone is Silver, but nearly every game drops within 60 days.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#38 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Maybe it's time for me to finally become an Unlocked member. :bouncy:

By any chance would this work on the limited edition of God of War: Ascension? The one that is $79 and includes the DLC season pass? If I could get that for $59 I might just have to go for this sooner rather than later.

#39 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Yeah, it's been out a month. Silver status gives you an extra 30 days. I know not everyone is Silver, but nearly every game drops within 60 days.

The only game I bought that didnt drop was Transformers, which I was able to return within my silver time and buy during buy 2 get 1.

#40 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

Even so it is not a better deal. Now that it takes 2 weeks to get your Cert you can use them on games. Here is an example buying 6 games with no price match.

Game 1 $60 + tax (for me (5%) that makes them $63). $20 Cert
Game 2 $40 + tax ($42) + $20 Cert
Game 3 $40 + tax ($42) + $20 Cert
Game 4 $63 + tax ($63) + $20 Cert
Game 5 $63 + tax ($63) + $20 Cert
Game 6 $5 + tax ($5.25) + $25 in certs left

=$278 + $25 Cert

Vs

6 games x $48 = 288

Now every game you get to PM makes it even cheaper. ACIII already gets a $10 PM this week. It is not blowing it out of the water but it is a better deal and can only get better. The NewEgg deal is set in stone.

I haven't gotten my points for RE6, NBA 2K13, or Dishonored yet. So yeah, the 2 week thing isn't right.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#41 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

Could always factor in selling DLC too, not everyone does it, but I do, makes games even cheaper.

Yup. I just got $22 for the BBY AC3 DLC. $15 after $5 shipping for the steel book (only sold it because its a single disc SB for a double disc game). And the midnight release coin for $48 (after $1.98 shipping).

So after fees my preorder bonuses netted me $70+.

Before saying DLC isn't always like this, there has only been 1 game where my DLC didn't net me more than $10 and that was Rage. Heck my mech Baird code for Gears 3 sold for $48 by itself. I've sold so many yet am still amazed at how (for lack of a better word) stupid people are with their money.

$22 for an AC3 item and a 15 minute mission. At least with a coin I could justify them "collecting" gaming memorabilia like Baseball cards. But $20+ for a skin and 15 minutes of gameplay when the game itself costs $60 is ridiculous.

#42 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

I haven't gotten my points for RE6, NBA 2K13, or Dishonored yet. So yeah, the 2 week thing isn't right.

Except I have gotten mine in two weeks like clockwork and many others have also so we can call it YMMV. Either way, most people get their certs in time to use it on other games.

#43 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

I'm in for every single game.
Except maybe South Park...

I'll play the game, get my $20 cert, trade it in for $40+, and PM it down the line.

BBY pretty much got my number for games next year.

I thought the 2 week points was a silver membership perk?

#44 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

I thought the 2 week points was a silver membership perk?

That may be true. If so, then it makes it less flexible but the math is still solid.

#45 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Why no Wii U love Best Buy? I know Injustice is coming out for the Wii U also, but the promotion only lists 360 and PS3.

#46 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Aw yeah, seven games for me:

Bioshock Infinite (:ps3:)
Dead Space 3 (:360:)
GTA V (:ps3:)
The Last of Us (:ps3: :dunce:)
MGR: Revengeance (:ps3:)
SC: Blacklist (:360:)
Tomb Raider (???)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#47 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Maybe it's time for me to finally become an Unlocked member. :bouncy:

By any chance would this work on the limited edition of God of War: Ascension? The one that is $79 and includes the DLC season pass? If I could get that for $59 I might just have to go for this sooner rather than later.

It normally applies to Collector's Editions as well. Just check with the gaming rep just in case.

#48 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

Pretty hard to say no to a $20 cert on a $50 Dead Island: Riptide game.

#49 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

It normally applies to Collector's Editions as well. Just check with the gaming rep just in case.

They might have changed it. If you clicked on the games on the list from the Offers page, they would link you to the list of the games (example: If you clicked on RE6, it would redirect you to a list with RE6 and RE Anthology/Archives.) but none of the new games are showing their collectors editions just the standard.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#50 AteBit

AteBit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Lemme know when pc qualifies, I just want Bioshock: Infinite, Crysis 3, and Farcry 3 on PC rest ill get for console.

#51 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Just like last time, I'm in for every game on the list.

RZ Silver + BB Credit = they pay you to play games

#52 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hmm I might do this with GTA5 but there's probably a GOTY on the horizon. Last Of Us is a nice incentive. If BB can get Ni No Kuni on this list I can cancel my Newegg preorder.

#53 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

Definitely getting: Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us
Probably getting: GTAV, Tomb Raider
Might get: South Park
After seeing them on here, I'm starting to ponder: Injustice, Riptide (with it being only $49.99).

A lot will depend on their TiVs and what kind of price matches are available at the time.

#54 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Definitely interested in a lot of these games but will wait to preorder any of them in case there's special promotions like free Steelbooks or copies of @gamer.

#55 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Definitely getting: Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us
Probably getting: GTAV, Tomb Raider
Might get: South Park
After seeing them on here, I'm starting to ponder: Injustice, Riptide (with it being only $49.99).

A lot will depend on their TiVs and what kind of price matches are available at the time.

I might preorder Riptide if my BB still has the steelbook. If not, I will stick to my preorder on NewEgg.

#56 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

Is Black Ops 2 on the list still?

#57 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Is Black Ops 2 on the list still?

That is 2012 and it should be.

#58 ithebigc

ithebigc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

I might preorder Riptide if my BB still has the steelbook. If not, I will stick to my preorder on NewEgg.

You can preorder online and the steelbook will ship with it...I don't see how that's any different.

ithebigc.png

#59 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

Holy shit! I'm loving BB so much right now. I'll be getting Bioshock,Tomb Raider,GTA V,Metal Gear,and Dead Space for sure. I might also pick up Gears of War. If I end up buying a PS3 I'll probably end up getting them all. To bad DMC isn't on that list.

Oh shit...just realized Splinter Cell was on the list,I'll be getting that as well.

#60 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

I only want the Last of Us and maybe Gears of War Judgment, but for the others I want - I want them for PC. BBY needs to start showing some love for PC versions on these deals.