Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#631 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Splinter Cell: Blacklist now has a definitive release date: August 20.

Source: http://www.ign.com/a...m_medium=social

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Hard] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#632 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Splinter Cell: Blacklist now has a definitive release date: August 20.

Source: http://www.ign.com/a...m_medium=social

I am cool with that. With the lack of announced fall games already I would be fine with some of these falling back 3 months.

#633 darken

darken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

So I noticed that the Limited Edition of Metal Gear didn't apply to the promo. Before ordering it I talked with the customer service (phone call) eventually I got to the premiere silver help desk (yes there is one of those apparently lol) and they just pushed me the $20 reward cert anyway without having to wait for release date.

CS even asked if I wanted to apply it to the preorder before hand, but I denied thinking ill use it on something else.

Side note: I cancelled my reserve on Amazon. If your looking for it for the 360 just keep checking.

Edit: yes I did preorder it anyway, cause I do want it. Also shipping was only $2 for express since I am Silver status. Sweet deal all around.

Did you pre order online, phone, or through the in store kiosk? Too bad there's no exclusive dlc like Amazon and Gamestop offer.

#634 typesdragon

typesdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Now that the 20 is confirmed on CEs, I wish more details would come out on that Injustice fight stick.

Can you tell where is the official detals for the $20 RZ for CE? I would like to preorder GOW. Thanks.

Update: I guess I have the answer here: http://forums.bestbu...ion/td-p/649520

Edited by typesdragon, 17 January 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#635 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Did you pre order online, phone, or through the in store kiosk? Too bad there's no exclusive dlc like Amazon and Gamestop offer.

Online. Can't preorder the Limited Edition in store unfortunately.

Funny story I was actually standing in Best Buy while doing the call cause I noticed you couldn't preorder the LE in store. I picked up a couple cheap beanies and that Nintendo lanyard while I was at it.

xivpads.png

#636 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Funny story I was actually standing in Best Buy while doing the call cause I noticed you couldn't preorder the LE in store. I picked up a couple cheap beanies and that Nintendo lanyard while I was at it.

I went to pay for God of War CE and it wasn't in the kiosk. I ask the gaming guy and he just look it up in there system and completed the transaction. Have them look it up if you can't find it.

#637 Greybeard

Greybeard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I was hoping Wrath of the White Witch would be on the preorder list. Is anybody offering any $ back for preordering it?

#638 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I noticed that the store had those preorder receipts for Rising, and on the receipt it pointed out there will be exclusive DLC from BB... which is a Raiden white skin for multiplayer use.

Not a big deal to me honestly... although the $20 RZ cert is.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#639 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Dumb question but, is Tomb Raider a fresh start like DMC or is continuation of the story from the prior games? I wouldn't mind adding it to the ever growing list of games to buy for march.

#640 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

Dumb question but, is Tomb Raider a fresh start like DMC or is continuation of the story from the prior games? I wouldn't mind adding it to the ever growing list of games to buy for march.

I'm pretty sure it's a fresh start, as it shows how Lara becomes the character people know.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#641 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

I'm pretty sure it's a fresh start, as it shows how Lara becomes the character people know.

alright, count me in. Just saw a 30 sec. that sold me. Now I have that, naruto, bioshock, god of war, and maybe gears depending on reviews. March is going to be expensive as Fuck!!:cry:

#642 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

I've never played a Tomb Raider game before now, but I'm getting it through this deal. Looks really good.

#643 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

I don't know how solid this info is, but Family Video has 3/26 as a release date for GTA V.

#644 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Quick question, I pre-ordered Dead Island for the coop since I though some of my buddies were going to get it, now it turns out they wont be getting it. Since I got the steelbook when I ordered it if I want to cancel it do I need to bring that back (or can I even cancel it?), or do I just not pick it up when it comes out and just look at it as a $5 steelbook?

659629.png?68329996

#645 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Quick question, I pre-ordered Dead Island for the coop since I though some of my buddies were going to get it, now it turns out they wont be getting it. Since I got the steelbook when I ordered it if I want to cancel it do I need to bring that back (or can I even cancel it?), or do I just not pick it up when it comes out and just look at it as a $5 steelbook?

The steelbook is yours, I don't think they'd take it even if you wanted to give it back. It holds no value to them. You can go in and cancel your preorder and get your $5 back.

#646 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

I don't know how solid this info is, but Family Video has 3/26 as a release date for GTA V.

Highly doubt it, with most if not every major rockstar release coming out in May the past couple of years.

#647 darken

darken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I noticed that the store had those preorder receipts for Rising, and on the receipt it pointed out there will be exclusive DLC from BB... which is a Raiden white skin for multiplayer use.

Not a big deal to me honestly... although the $20 RZ cert is.

Thank you very much guys. Saved me the trouble of going to the store. Moved my pre-order from Amazon to BB
Posted Image

#648 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Does Best Buy still send out birthday coupons? I was hoping to get some triple points.

#649 Psykodelik

Psykodelik

Piw Piw Masta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Does Best Buy still send out birthday coupons? I was hoping to get some triple points.

I think I got one last year from there. But I think it's x2. Could be wrong though.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#650 KnotInMud12

KnotInMud12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

I did not get any but I am not silver if that makes a difference. My birthday was Sunday.

#651 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

This may or may not be a factor for most of you, but the achievements for Tomb Raider have leaked, and let's just say...if you want to get them all, prepare to invest a lot of time in the multiplayer.

http://stickskills.c...in-multiplayer/

That article contains no spoilers, FYI.

Now I'm seriously considering getting the :ps3: version just so I could maybe try for at least some of the online trophies, 360-timed-exclusive DLC or not.

Edited by Vigilante, 19 January 2013 - 07:58 AM.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#652 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

The steelbook is yours, I don't think they'd take it even if you wanted to give it back. It holds no value to them. You can go in and cancel your preorder and get your $5 back.

Alright, thanks for the heads up. Just wanted to make sure since I will most likely cancel the preorder.

659629.png?68329996

#653 x inFAMOUS x

x inFAMOUS x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I'm going today to sign up for the reward program today and have two questions

1. Do points expire?
2. Also do you get the 1000 points plus the double points for purchase?

#654 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Would've bought Ni No Kuni from them if they had a pre-order bonus. To Amazon my purchase goes.

#655 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm going today to sign up for the reward program today and have two questions

1. Do points expire?
2. Also do you get the 1000 points plus the double points for purchase?

1. Yes, unless you're silver. Points get reset in Jan/Feb.
2. Yes. They don't double the 1000 obviously, but you'd get double the purchase price worth of points'

Kyden139.png

#656 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Points don't reset if you are silver, have a credit card with best buy, or have a gamer unlocked membership.

#657 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Points don't reset if you are silver, have a credit card with best buy, or have a gamer unlocked membership.

Well that's nice to know because I was Silver, have a credit card, and am about to go Gamer Unlocked.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#658 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

oh i didnt no that about gamer unlocked, i thought all points got dropped after 6 months from their purchase date

#659 DeathByFRODO

DeathByFRODO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Probably asked already but does this work for pc versions of the game?

#660 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Probably asked already but does this work for pc versions of the game?

nope