Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#871 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

also played the crysis 3 beta, nothing to write home about. probably going to flop in sales.

Crysis 2 only sold about 2.5 million worldwide. These are tech demos for Crytek. They make plenty on their engine. This game will sell about the same. Pre orders are in line with Dead Space 3 (less in the end) so that will be a flop also I guess.
Posted Image

#872 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

See that is the thing. Explain how add-ons make budgets? Explain how producing optional items are somehow the savior of the game? The GAME should be the product. Not skins, microtransactions and other fillers. If budgets and timelines are so tight how else are these things not just cash grabs? It is not a defense to say you do have to partake and only have to if you love the game. It is basically extorting your best fans which is a slimy practice. CoD does not do this yet the supposedly superior BF3 does with its ridiculous unlock kits.

Why do you assume that addons and microtransactions aren't part of the budget? How are optional items bad? Theres a good chunk of time between a game being deemed done and the retail release. Why shouldn't they work on dlc?

You do realize game companies exist to make money, right?

Personally I didn't feel "extorted" by the existence of unlock kits in BF3. I simply didn't buy them. Same deal now with dead space. Its important to you, fair enough. Its not important to everyone.

Edited by Kyden139, 30 January 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#873 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

See that is the thing. Explain how add-ons make budgets? Explain how producing optional items are somehow the savior of the game? The GAME should be the product. Not skins, microtransactions and other fillers. If budgets and timelines are so tight how else are these things not just cash grabs? It is not a defense to say you do have to partake and only have to if you love the game. It is basically extorting your best fans which is a slimy practice. CoD does not do this yet the supposedly superior BF3 does with its ridiculous unlock kits.

As far as downfall of the industry just ask THQ. This stuff is getting a backlash. Ask Capcom whose sale projections are far ahead of their sales reality. They will continue to push until they break.

They're not add-ons, they're just shortcuts for things you can earn in the game yourself. If you want to experience what the DLC has to offer, then play the fucking game.

Jesus people will whine about anything and everything.

uc.png

#874 secondhand1

secondhand1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

As far as downfall of the industry just ask THQ. This stuff is getting a backlash. Ask Capcom whose sale projections are far ahead of their sales reality. They will continue to push until they break.

Since I've already made it abundantly clear that I don't pretend to know the process, perhaps you ought to explain exactly how pubs like EA are extorting you or otherwise being slimy in an effort to make a quick buck? Since you know, you have all the answers.

I certainly hope that if it bothers you this much, you're making your voice heard in meaningful ways rather than bitching about it on an internet message board in the hopes other ignorantly like minded dolts will take up arms against the evil game companies.

Something tells me it's the latter, though.

#875 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Yes as long as they don't return it you don't lose the $20 cert. It will say price match on your receipt.

Do they PM other retailers within 30 days too?

nihilence.png

#876 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Do they PM other retailers within 30 days too?

Yes

#877 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Crysis 2 only sold about 2.5 million worldwide. These are tech demos for Crytek. They make plenty on their engine. This game will sell about the same. Pre orders are in line with Dead Space 3 (less in the end) so that will be a flop also I guess.

Isn't that a good thing for us that's buying day 1 with the $20 RZ bonus. Poor sales would mean the game would go on sale sooner than later for a PM opportunity. To me reviews/demos doesn't matter, there are a lot of good games that receive bad reviews.

#878 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I certainly hope that if it bothers you this much, you're making your voice heard in meaningful ways rather than bitching about it on an internet message board in the hopes other ignorantly like minded dolts will take up arms against the evil game companies.

Something tells me it's the latter, though.

You can call me "ignorant" all you want. Gaming has never had more users than it does now. Instead of focusing on providing a full rich gaming experience followed by meaty updates and expansions some publishers would rather try to just monetize the gamer. I made my voice heard on this thread because there are people who will BUY video games like Dead Space 3'. I am not sure what kind of "meaningful" action you would like me to take. People on this thread are considering buying this game and I was providing some information and an opinion. What I got from some in return were personal insults instead of actual reasons on why this is an ok way to do business. You can argue all day that we do not need to partake in this type of DLC/Microtransactions but I would ask you to ask yourself why these types of things are needed in $60 games. Many people bristled at the $10 online pass until it became commonplace, then it was on disk/Day 1 DLC, and now it is microtransactions. This is NOT the avenue I want games to go. This is not the way to build a fan base by nickle and diming them when they already laid down $60 for your game.

We can argue about this all day but just an FYI, personal insults don't sway opinions.

#879 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Isn't that a good thing for us that's buying day 1 with the $20 RZ bonus. Poor sales would mean the game would go on sale sooner than later for a PM opportunity. To me reviews/demos doesn't matter, there are a lot of good games that receive bad reviews.

Yeah I would think this gets a price drop with the crowded spring. Crysis 2 dropped to $50 the first month at BBY and it looks like to $40 in the first 60 days. I would definitely think we should get the $20 and a PM for it.

http://camelbuy.com/...63461?locale=US

It released on March 22, 2011

#880 htz

htz

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I heard back regarding The Last of Us Survival Edition but unfortunately it wasn't a definitive response. Our Merchant handling this title hadn't heard if we'll be carrying the special edition yet but also said things haven't been finalized and that could change in the months before release.

I got a response back from a BB rep about "The Last of Us Survival Edition".

#881 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Strange happenings at Best Buy. Yesterday I posted that I received a backorder email from Best Buy a few hours after preordering Dead Space 3 online. Today I get an email that says:

"We apologize; due to an error, you had received an email indicating that your recent pre-order for X360-DEAD SPACE 3 (SKU 5743793) was on backorder. We're very sorry for this mistake.
Rest assured, your pre-order is still valid despite remaining in a backorder status. Your item will be ready to ship or pick up on the day that it is released or when product becomes available."

Must be having system errors but at least the game sounds like it will ship on time.

#882 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Wondering with the September date for GTA V and the non-date for South Park if I should just use the certs I was going to use on those on different games, hope these two are still part of the promo, and use the certs I get from other games to use with them. Or if I should just drop my certs on In-Store Pick-Up orders now and wait for for September and ? to get here.

#883 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Strange happenings at Best Buy. Yesterday I posted that I received a backorder email from Best Buy a few hours after preordering Dead Space 3 online. Today I get an email that says:

"We apologize; due to an error, you had received an email indicating that your recent pre-order for X360-DEAD SPACE 3 (SKU 5743793) was on backorder. We're very sorry for this mistake.
Rest assured, your pre-order is still valid despite remaining in a backorder status. Your item will be ready to ship or pick up on the day that it is released or when product becomes available."

Must be having system errors but at least the game sounds like it will ship on time.

Nice. Im gonna preorder my copy today then. The 5th can't come soon enough.

#884 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Wondering with the September date for GTA V and the non-date for South Park if I should just use the certs I was going to use on those on different games, hope these two are still part of the promo, and use the certs I get from other games to use with them. Or if I should just drop my certs on In-Store Pick-Up orders now and wait for for September and ? to get here.

Sept huh? Well I am going to cancel my pre-order now that I paid in full and apply it to more recent releases. 6+ months and I have no idea if I will even be living where I am right now.

#885 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Had the same thing happen with MGR order. Got the same email too. When I look at the order info it shows backordered. I hope there right about it still counting as a preorder and we don't have problems getting the $20 cert. I'd just cancel and reorder but I used a $20 cert on it.

#886 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

No fucking GTA V until September!!!:bomb::twoguns::twoguns::censored:

http://www.xbox360ac...-Announced.html

I'm upset that they pushed back the date. Guess I'll use the $60 that would of gone into that on Tomb Raider.

#887 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I think im going to pre-order GTA just to get the $20 locked in. I'll put the minimum one down

#888 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

No fucking GTA V until September!!!:bomb::twoguns::twoguns::censored:

http://www.xbox360ac...-Announced.html

I'm upset that they pushed back the date. Guess I'll use the $60 that would of gone into that on Tomb Raider.

It's disappointing that they delay this game but it''s usually for good reason. If a game isn't ready for release, then i don't want to play it just yet anyways.

#889 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I didn't know your only option to get Dead Space 3 on release date was only expess shipping. I'm not paying $70+ for the game. Now I'm forced to do instore pick up.

#890 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

I seriously cannot wait for Infinite.

Posted Image

#891 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

I am glad they delayed GTA 5. This gives me more time to get through some of the games in my backlog already and get through games i will be getting soon like Dead Space 3 and then God of War. Plus I am sure to pick up Ass Creed 3 at some point as it has to hit $20 simetime this year.

Its SoM, not S&M you idiots.

Wrencrest.png

#892 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

I seriously cannot wait for Infinite.

Bioshock is my fav game of all time and bioshock 2 is the only multiplayer game I play, but I just am not into infinite. I will buy it and probably like it, but I don't like the art. Too cartoony and bright. It's like diablo 3 all over again.

#893 keysersoze7

keysersoze7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

One question for clarification. I am in GC and qualify for the $20 in points on preorders but if I pay for the game with gift cards do I still get the $20 in points or is it like other items bought with gift cards since you do not get reward zone points on purchases made with a gift card? Thanks for a reply.

#894 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

One question for clarification. I am in GC and qualify for the $20 in points on preorders but if I pay for the game with gift cards do I still get the $20 in points or is it like other items bought with gift cards since you do not get reward zone points on purchases made with a gift card? Thanks for a reply.

You'll get the $20, but no additional points. If you PM they'll give you a GC for the value.

#895 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Woohoo, My copy of DS3 was shipped already!!!

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Wolfenstein The New Order, Kingdom Hearts Remix, Child Of Light

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#896 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Woohoo, My copy of DS3 was shipped already!!!

Yeah mine shipped yesterday , if I remember right pre orders normally ship the day prior to release so pretty sweet .

#897 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

based on the price drop with the new Hitman, Tomb Raider probably will be the same. $40 after 2 weeks anyway and now $30. So can we price match anyone cheaper than best buy?

#898 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

based on the price drop with the new Hitman, Tomb Raider probably will be the same. $40 after 2 weeks anyway and now $30. So can we price match anyone cheaper than best buy?

Usually, yes, as long as you have proof of the lower price and it's a physical store (i.e., not online).

You still might be able to PM online prices, as I've done so with Amazon a few times (most recently for Far Cry 3 when it was $34.99 for a Deal of the Day), but it's more potentially YMMV.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#899 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

So I just signed up for Gamer unlocked at bestbuy. To my confusion, someone please verify with me. Thanks

1. The first copy of the Gamer magazine will be mailed to you instead of picking it up right away in store? I asked for it and they refused to give me.
2. The subscription for the magazine is 1 year right? How come on my receipt it said "Gamer Digital-10 issue subscr"? Is that mean I would only get 10 issues (10 months left of the year??)

#900 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

So I just signed up for Gamer unlocked at bestbuy. To my confusion, someone please verify with me. Thanks

1. The first copy of the Gamer magazine will be mailed to you instead of picking it up right away in store? I asked for it and they refused to give me.
2. The subscription for the magazine is 1 year right? How come on my receipt it said "Gamer Digital-10 issue subscr"? Is that mean I would only get 10 issues (10 months left of the year??)

1. Yes, they should have given you your first copy in-store. I received a magazine when I purchased my subscription a year ago and when I renewed last week.

2. There are only 10 issues because twice a year a few months get bunched together. For example, the current issue is for January/February 2013 with coupons valid from 1/13/13 - 3/2/13.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson