Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1111 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Fuck BB RZ certs. I got Assassin's Creed 3 and Halo 4 from Best Buy and never received my $20 RZ certs. They claimed I'd get them in 4-6 weeks. It's now February and I never got an email from BB about them. I refuse to trust BB about these things unless they print the cert out AT CHECKOUT.

I'm more confused why he's expecting an email. Unless he's already called CS?

#1112 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

That's a pleasant surprise. I pre-ordered the night before the game came out, and gave me an expected delivery date of 2/11...AKA Monday. It arrived today, before the big snow-storm we're expecting in Boston!

#1113 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

That's a pleasant surprise. I pre-ordered the night before the game came out, and gave me an expected delivery date of 2/11...AKA Monday. It arrived today, before the big snow-storm we're expecting in Boston!

Do you have silver status and expedited shipping? Just curious I'm thinking of trying best buys free delivery and I'm trying to figure out how long past release day the games usually arrive.

#1114 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

May pre order Gears here since Amazon doesn't offer a $20 credit.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#1115 sjc1279

sjc1279

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

Are they taking preorders for The Last of Us Survival Edition? I couldn't find Survival Edition on the preorder kiosk at my bestbuy.

#1116 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

Are they taking preorders for The Last of Us Survival Edition? I couldn't find Survival Edition on the preorder kiosk at my bestbuy.

As of now, not yet; htz asked a BBY rep whether BBY would be getting the Survival Edition and the response was basically "not sure yet, stay tuned".

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1117 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Oh I plan on calling CS, but why should I have to call CS at all? Why can't they just do it right the first time instead of making me do extra work for something they promised me? It is just shady if you ask me. They hope people either forget or are too lazy to call and get their certs. Heck, I forgot about the certs until I saw this thread again and was like "wtf, I never did get my certs."

There's literally zero reason they can't give you the cert when you pick the game up. Amazon does it. Even Gamestop does it. It's that kind of business practice that makes me never want to order from them again, unless there's some immediate gain.

Makes perfect sense you can thank the idiots who really thought they'd be able to buy a game that comes withe a $20 instant GC & then come back later & return the game(for full price) & keep the free $20 GC. Obviously, when they didn't give the GC back the PC just tok $20 off the $60 return price but this screwed them up as this depletes stock for people who actually wanted to buy & keep the game.

I have offered a better strategy for BB which would be instant RZ certs, I'd guess they may start it as a silver perk but maybe not
http://forums.bestbu...ia/idi-p/540236

#1118 camwil

camwil

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

question how can pm with sam club rising for 54 and still get 20 promo....thanks

#1119 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

question how can pm with sam club rising for 54 and still get 20 promo....thanks

There's 3 ways
1-show them the link on your smartphone(the store can call to confirm price/stock)
2-Take a pic of the shelf tag in Sam's club & show that to the store for a pm
3-Worse case scenario: Buy it at Sam's club & bring the receipt to BB as proof of price/stock.
Since this would be done during the initial purchase there's no way it would interfere with the $20 promo. If done post purchase make sure the CSR does a "price match" or "price adjustment" & not a eturn/rebuy otherwise you'll have to call to get it fixed.

If you purchased online you must call CS & have them look it up & match.

#1120 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

If I pick up DS3 tomorrow, will I have up to and including, 03/10/2013 to PM? Trying to get that last Sunday in there.

#1121 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

if i pick up ds3 tomorrow, will i have up to and including, 03/10/2013 to pm? Trying to get that last sunday in there.

3/11

#1122 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

3/11

Sorry, I meant tomorrow as in the morning. If I pick it up 02/08/2013, I have until...?

#1123 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Do you have silver status and expedited shipping? Just curious I'm thinking of trying best buys free delivery and I'm trying to figure out how long past release day the games usually arrive.

Nope, free standard shipping. So, you should get it the week of release (either Thurs or Fri) if the game launches on a Tuesday.

It shipped from Tennessee, if you're wondering.

#1124 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Sorry, I meant tomorrow as in the morning. If I pick it up 02/08/2013, I have until...?

3/10/13, as you suspected.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1125 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Picked up my pre-order for DS3 on Wednesday, but the points still aren't showing up as processing? How long does it normally take? Tks

#1126 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Picked up my pre-order for DS3 on Wednesday, but the points still aren't showing up as processing? How long does it normally take? Tks

Be patient. Your points will post. After 35-40 days you can call CS if they haven't.

Also from what I understand during February there is always a long delay.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#1127 applecider

applecider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

I always thought the price match policy included the day you bought the item as day 1, which would be Saturday, 3/9. According to previous posts, looks like I am wrong and will pick it up tonight.

#1128 tcooley2003

tcooley2003

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

So if I understand correctly, if you do this preorder bonus for the $20 gift card, you are still able to price match the game to competitors and still receive the gift card.

Is this correct? Sorry, this is my first time doing this BBY preorder promotion. I read through some of the posts in this thread but not all of them and could not find the answer to this.

#1129 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

So if I understand correctly, if you do this preorder bonus for the $20 gift card, you are still able to price match the game to competitors and still receive the gift card.

Is this correct? Sorry, this is my first time doing this BBY preorder promotion. I read through some of the posts in this thread but not all of them and could not find the answer to this.

It isn't a gift card, it is $20 worth of RZ points posted to your account (1000 points). Also yes, you are able to price match as many times as you want within your 30 (60 for RZ silver) day return period without it effecting your points.

Make sure you do a price match, and not a return and rebuy. Also orders placed online (even for in-store pickup) must be price matched over the phone.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#1130 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Yes, most of the games having the 20$ promotion have cost me less than 20$ each after various price matches. Best promotion ever, stopped buying/trading at GS because of this.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#1131 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Well I will be surprised if I get my $20 cert for DS3. Not a huge deal since I was only going to keep it if I could price match to $40 in the next 60 days.

So I am not sure if I got an uniformed employee or if this is actually true about the new pre-order system. I put $30 down and planned on using a $15 RZ cert when I picked it up today. Well she tells me that the new system won't allow RZ certs after money has been put on a pre-order and only when the pre-order is being made the first time. Something about shutting them out of that option. The only thing she could do is let me pay the balance and then refund me the $15 back to my credit card. So it says "loyalty adjustment" on a third receipt showing the $15 RZ cert. She did say price match would not be an issue but I have my doubts with how the receipts look. I will take pics and post them a little later.

Anyway, has anyone used a RZ cert DURING pick up yet with no issues?

Since I already have $30 down on 3 other pre-orders I think I am not even going to deal with RZ certs and just use them for Amazon cards.

#1132 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Well I will be surprised if I get my $20 cert for DS3. Not a huge deal since I was only going to keep it if I could price match to $40 in the next 60 days.

So I am not sure if I got an uniformed employee or if this is actually true about the new pre-order system. I put $30 down and planned on using a $15 RZ cert when I picked it up today. Well she tells me that the new system won't allow RZ certs after money has been put on a pre-order and only when the pre-order is being made the first time. Something about shutting them out of that option. The only thing she could do is let me pay the balance and then refund me the $15 back to my credit card. So it says "loyalty adjustment" on a third receipt showing the $15 RZ cert. She did say price match would not be an issue but I have my doubts with how the receipts look. I will take pics and post them a little later.

Anyway, has anyone used a RZ cert DURING pick up yet with no issues?

Since I already have $30 down on 3 other pre-orders I think I am not even going to deal with RZ certs and just use them for Amazon cards.

Strange. While picking up DS3 the other day, I heard a manager telling an employee that you couldn't use RZ certs to pre-order a game. They actually commented about how dumb that was.

#1133 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

I won't be using any RZ points to buy any of these games, especially with this news. Think I will save them all for a big purchase like a new TV or the next-gen Xbox.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#1134 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

You can't use RZ certs on pre-orders when first pre ordering them now. It's pretty dumb, my friend was trying to pre-order crysis 3 with RZ certs last week and we spent like 15 minutes at the register because they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Then they finally came to the conclusion that you can't use them.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#1135 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

You can't use RZ certs on pre-orders when first pre ordering them now. It's pretty dumb, my friend was trying to pre-order crysis 3 with RZ certs last week and we spent like 15 minutes at the register because they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Then they finally came to the conclusion that you can't use them.

Well my experience today was I could not use them after the pre-order either. So maybe you cannot use them at all. I am just glad DS3 was not a game I was really wanting to play right away since I can just wait out the RZ page to see the damage. Anyway here are my 3 receipts I walked out with today.

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29383

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29382

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29381

The $4 discount was because when I did the deposit the guy doing my trade in forgot to add the 10% GCU so the manager said when I came to pick it up they would knock $4 off. Normally this BBY has its stuff together but the new pre-order system seems to have them confused. I thought when you upgrade something it was supposed to be easier. :)

#1136 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

I was always under the impression you could only use RZ certs at the time of the preorder and not during pickup.

#1137 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Loyalty Adjustment. It sounds so Orwellian.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1138 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

pre ordered Tomb Raider, Dead Island Riptide, The Last of us and GTA 5. Damn costed so much money, wonder should I wait until they hit $20 like I always did until I joined the release day gamer bandwagon now lol

#1139 Nostalgic Wind

Nostalgic Wind

Capcom Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is Best Buy not getting the $80 Survival Edition of The Last of Us? I would preorder that for the $20 RZ Certficate.

#1140 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

I used $35 of RZ certificates when I picked my copy up on Wednesday.