Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1141 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

I used $35 of RZ certificates when I picked my copy up on Wednesday.

How much did you have pre-paid?

#1142 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

So I don't really get it. If I do my usual $5 down, I can't use any of the $20 GC at the time of purchase of the next game?

Follow up Question- How are you guys liking Dead Space 3? I personally feel like it's bittersweet.

#1143 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

I think I got silver status for my RZ but I didn't spend 2500 last year. Anybody have this happen to them?

#1144 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

You can't use RZ certs on pre-orders when first pre ordering them now. It's pretty dumb, my friend was trying to pre-order crysis 3 with RZ certs last week and we spent like 15 minutes at the register because they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Then they finally came to the conclusion that you can't use them.

Looks like that's in-store only because I was just able to use a $5 RZ cert on my Metal Gear Rising pre-order which I did online with in-store pickup.

I think I got silver status for my RZ but I didn't spend 2500 last year. Anybody have this happen to them?

Just noticed that on my account as well and I know I didn't spend $2500 last year either.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1145 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

Must be an error, it's showing up on my account too.

#1146 247

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

Same here. upgraded to Silver a few weeks ago.

#1147 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Follow up Question- How are you guys liking Dead Space 3? I personally feel like it's bittersweet.

I like it, though I'm only on Chapter 6 (Hard) so far (
Spoiler
). While it's definitely more about tension than scares, I still love how it feels quicker to shoot things, especially with the dodge roll available.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1148 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

I put 5 down on DS3 and used a 40 dollar RZ cert when I picked it up no issue.

#1149 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Must be an error, it's showing up on my account too.

It is likely not an error. I was upgraded to Silver last year even though I didn't even spend $1000 at Best Buy throughout year. They sent me an email about 1-month after they gave me silver letting me know that they upgraded me because I was a valued customer. They gave me silver again this year even though I spent less this year. It is likely that they are hurting for business so they are trying to keep people purchasing from them in any way they can. Enjoy the benefits, the free shipping is especially nice :)

#1150 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

I like it, though I'm only on Chapter 6 (Hard) so far (

Spoiler
). While it's definitely more about tension than scares, I still love how it feels quicker to shoot things, especially with the dodge roll available.

Chapter 4 myself. I don't hate the bench as much as I did at first, but its takes WAY too many shots to kill the easiest of enemies, it's ridiculous. After re-playing DS 2 right before this one, the feel of the game doesn't feel right. Guess im too picky, or I like the status quo ;).

#1151 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

Double plasma cutter is the way to go.

#1152 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

I must be the only person really looking forward to the new Army of Two game coming out in March...I would've definitely used this promo for that game.

#1153 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Think I will save them all for a big purchase like a new TV or the next-gen Xbox.

The rumors seem to put the price point for the PS4 around $400 so after using this promo to the max a person would be able to score a next gen system for about $150. Combine that with a GC offer & you'll get a PS4/720 for cheaper than a PS3/X360 LOL.
Brand new nex gen system for 60% off plus any GC deal that's truly the CAG way no need to wait for a price drop just make your own. If only the PS4 came w/BC.

You can't use RZ certs on pre-orders when first pre ordering them now. It's pretty dumb

That's not the dumb part at all the problem would be that RZ certs expire probably. So if you pre-ordered a game for $5 in January using a cert that expires in March for a game that releases in June when the "return" the pre-order you may lose the $5. It's a system flaw but as we all know with BB system's flawed.

You can get awarded silver status by spending $1500 in back to back yrs. Also, your trade ins count towards silver too so if you spent $1000 & traded in $500 you may still get it.

I must be the only person really looking forward to the new Army of Two game coming out in March...I would've definitely used this promo for that game.

I'd love it for this promo since it would be on sale in 3 weeks but the 2nd one under performed badly so I guess the suits didn't think it warranted to be in the promo.

#1154 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Amazon has $20 credit for the new Army of Two game.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336905

#1155 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Is it just me or is the RZ site taking forever to update? My purchases from New Year's Day is still pending and my purchase of Dead Space 3 is still not showing up.

#1156 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Is it just me or is the RZ site taking forever to update? My purchases from New Year's Day is still pending and my purchase of Dead Space 3 is still not showing up.

There's a delay, it says so when you log into your account.

#1157 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

It's not just you, BBY is just dealing with the end of the last fiscal year, and they have this to say (found on the right side at myrz.com when you're logged in):

Between 2/3 and 2/23, new transactions will take longer to appear in your account. This is part of year-end account and system maintenance. During this time, you may still issue certificates if you have enough points available. No new transactions and/or points will be reflected in your account until after 2/23.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1158 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Thanks, I see it now.

#1159 Cabhills

Cabhills

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Picked up my copy of DS3 today and was able to use the $45 in certs that I got from the fall pre-orders. Also I was able to match the offer for the free guide from the Toys r us ad with no problems. The associate even asked if he could have the ad to do the same. Only weird thing was that he could only do a single transaction per item due to the new system instead of doing it all in one go like before.

Cabhills.png

76561198031533789.png

#1160 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Good to see that it was only that only guy who couldn't get his RZ certs. applied when he pick it up. Gonna buy the membership and preorder Tomb Raider, God of War:Ascension, and Bioshock Infinite later in the week. Gonna use all 3 on Last of US, hopefully the survival edition.

#1161 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

My account randomly was upgrade to Premier Silver status. I didn't come anywhere near $2,500 last year, nor did I hit up BBY on any promo that would have instantly upgraded my account, but I'm not going to ask any questions. 60 day pm window is gonna be great for this pre-order promo.

#1162 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

WTH o.0 just logged in to check, AWSOME I got a random silver bump too!!!

Now I DEFINATELY will be picking up dead space 3, was Hesitating because meh, it was only 30 days to pm and I wanted to get a pm atleast at $40, even though I preordered.

#1163 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

My account randomly was upgrade to Premier Silver status. I didn't come anywhere near $2,500 last year, nor did I hit up BBY on any promo that would have instantly upgraded my account, but I'm not going to ask any questions. 60 day pm window is gonna be great for this pre-order promo.

it is a glitch and everyone on slickdeals confirmed they got it too. However you don't get any benefit of the true Silver membership

#1164 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

it is a glitch and everyone on slickdeals confirmed they got it too. However you don't get any benefit of the true Silver membership

Have they confirmed it's a glitch???

#1165 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

it is. You won't get the benefits like free Expedited Shipping etc...try that yourself

#1166 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Amazon has $20 credit for the new Army of Two game.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336905

Thanks Dund3r! Didn't see this. Appreciate the heads up though, looks like Amazon it is.

#1167 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

^^ You're welcome!

Another Best Buy glitch? I love Best Buy, but they've had a rough couple weeks when it comes to their computer systems. On another glitch related note, I received a Best Buy Pitch-In card today and I can't make contributions to it because of some unresolved system issue...

#1168 htz

htz

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Another Best Buy glitch? I love Best Buy, but they've had a rough couple weeks when it comes to their computer systems.

• Spend $100 Get $50 off fail.
  • Random pre-orders being backordered.
  • 3,000 pre-orders randomly canceled.
  • Premiere Silver for everyone.
Next up... Best Buy gets hacked and millions of credit card numbers stolen. :cold: They pull a newegg and free games for everyone. :D

#1169 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

Bummer @ the glitch.

#1170 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

I can't find the article but I remember reading that Best Buy is shipping out Bioshock Infinite for free of charge to some of the affected customers who had their preorders cancelled. I don't know if it's true or not but just thought I would share it.

154512.png

:360: Nothing at the moment

:pc: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

:ps3: Nothing at the moment

:ps4: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor / NBA 2k15 / Alien: Isolation

jionekanji.png