Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#91 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

if I already preordered riptide before the promotion will it still count? I'm sure it should.. but knowing bestbuy i'm sure there will be some glitch

Yes. You are good to go. System will be tracking existing preorders taken on the old system and those taken via the new system.

#92 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Yes. You are good to go. System will be tracking existing preorders taken on the old system and those taken via the new system.

When will they be using this "new system" and how will it be better then the old system?

#93 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I think its suppose to be better because its more fool proof. Don't have to hope they do an exchange to get the bonus points.

#94 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Fixed that for you.

best buy screwed up on my AC3 preorder transaction, as expected. The bonus 1000 pts preorder is not listed under my account and the code didn't print on my receipt.

Does the receipt detailing your pickup say "Return" or "Exchange" at the top (in all-caps)? If the former, then yes, they messed up and you'll have to contact someone to get your points. If the latter, then you just have to be patient and wait for the points to appear.

I picked up my copy two days ago, the receipt says "Exchange" at the top, and the purchase hasn't appeared in my RZ account yet, but that doesn't mean the points won't clear. Just give it a little time.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#95 Covnam

Covnam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

This made the decision to get the Premium Bioshock Infinite and Collectors God of War much easier.

The link for Bioshock only goes to the regular 360/PS3 versions. Anyone know if the Premium/Songbird and PC versions are included?

#96 Guest1321

Guest1321

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Ah, really hoping that I get my reward zone certs before halo comes out. Has anyone else gotten theres from a Dishonored pre-order?

#97 htz

htz

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Ah, really hoping that I get my reward zone certs before halo comes out. Has anyone else gotten theres from a Dishonored pre-order?

I just got mines like an hour ago. :D

#98 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

looks like I'll be signing up soon. Bioshock, Last of Us and GTAV are all first days. Prob get Tomb Raider and Dead Space 3 too.

#99 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Wow, I'm impressed with Best Buy

I'll gladly buy 6 of those games. You have my business, Best Buy.

seanr1221.png

#100 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

I am just wondering if this program is worth it?

I never got into that mag that Gamestop did and felt it was a waste....... Should I even bother with this even though I have no interest in the mag?

#101 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

I never got into that mag that Gamestop did and felt it was a waste....... Should I even bother with this even though I have no interest in the mag?

The biggest difference is the @gamer mag has coupons every month that have provided other great deals. Definitely worth every penny.
Posted Image

#102 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

It is way better than Gamestops magazine because it has (usually) great coupons. Plus there are other GCU exclusive coupons through reward zone. And obviously the $20 GCs are awesome.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#103 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

It costs $15 for year so if you just preorder one game and get $20 rz cert already made your money back. People like to complain about the magazine and lack of deals lately, but I just see them as a bonus. Not to mention the extra 10% for trade ins

#104 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

The mag has a set of coupons every month. If you use one ever, you probably just paid for the magazine there. These $20 RZ certs are icing on the cake at that point. I have both subs but my GS one is damn near worthless. I only get it to read it on the can. The BB one, and it's club, is far superior. It has all the same (10% bonuses and a bonus on points for gaming items) but has far more to it as well.

Definitely worth $15.

#105 kingofk1ngs

kingofk1ngs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

New to price matching, can i just show my preorder email confirmation from NewEgg and have Best Buy PM it or do I need to show something else?

#106 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Probably buying at least 7 of those, providing I actually buy an xbox again. A 20 certificate and free steel case are great incentives on a $50 game.

#107 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

New to price matching, can i just show my preorder email confirmation from NewEgg and have Best Buy PM it or do I need to show something else?

Good luck getting BB to PM a pre-order.

#108 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

well GTA V definitly, maybe gears judgement, and maybe another title or 2... but the only Yes right now is GTA... short money and might actually wait for other titles to drop real low.

#109 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

In order to have a valid PM, the game has to be in stock and ready to ship/purchase.

Preorders aren't in stock and/or available for purchase so you can't PM.

But as I always say it never hurts to ask to see if you can get an exception.

#110 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Hahah it's not even close. Best Buy is way better than Gamestop when it comes to overall deals.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#111 isr34l

isr34l

The Business Bitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

I went to pre-order GTA V. I got the poster, but instead of some key chain, they gave me this lanyard advertising "Pre-order now and get an exclusive poster and photo viewfinder."

#112 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

When will they be using this "new system" and how will it be better then the old system?

New system is in place right now and is the one that will be used for all titles except: Halo 4, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Hitman Absolution and Far Cry 3. All other titles are now on the new system.

Why it is better:
1. You can put down as much as you want on your preorder up to the full amount with tax, with the minimum amount being $5. Need to do this in one transaction. If you want to "add" to your deposit, you'll need to go in and cancel your existing preorder and then place another preorder with the higher deposit. Today a single $5 deposit is your only option for in store preorders.
2. This gets rid of the whole return/exchange issue that really causes issues particularly with the $20 RZ cert promotions. You place your deposit in the system and then when you come to pick it up, the redemption/purchase also happens in the preorder system. Don't need to return the preorder sku and then buy the actual for sale sku.
3. Relative to #2, you won't need a manager override to return a preorder sku anymore. You almost always place preorders more than 30 days out (normal return period) so that caused issues. No longer.

#113 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

New system is in place right now and is the one that will be used for all titles except: Halo 4, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Hitman Absolution and Far Cry 3. All other titles are now on the new system.

Why it is better:
1. You can put down as much as you want on your preorder up to the full amount with tax, with the minimum amount being $5. Need to do this in one transaction. If you want to "add" to your deposit, you'll need to go in and cancel your existing preorder and then place another preorder with the higher deposit. Today a single $5 deposit is your only option for in store preorders.
2. This gets rid of the whole return/exchange issue that really causes issues particularly with the $20 RZ cert promotions. You place your deposit in the system and then when you come to pick it up, the redemption/purchase also happens in the preorder system. Don't need to return the preorder sku and then buy the actual for sale sku.
3. Relative to #2, you won't need a manager override to return a preorder sku anymore. You almost always place preorders more than 30 days out (normal return period) so that caused issues. No longer.

Sorry to ask again about this new system, but do I have this right:

I plan on preordering CoD: BO2 and GTA V tonight, but I should preorder them in separate transactions since the former is on the old system and the latter is on the new system. Also, I can put down more than $5 on GTA V if I desire, but the same does not apply to CoD: BO2.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

#114 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Sorry to ask again about this new system, but do I have this right:

I plan on preordering CoD: BO2 and GTA V tonight, but I should preorder them in separate transactions since the former is on the old system and the latter is on the new system. Also, I can put down more than $5 on GTA V if I desire, but the same does not apply to CoD: BO2.

You are correct. COD is in the old system, can only put $5 down in store. GTA is in the new system, you can put up to the full estimated amount of the game plus tax down on that.

And yes, they are separate transactions. And as always good, to make sure the store employee gets your RZ number on ALL transactions.

Are you hitting a Halo 4 midnight opening event tonight?

#115 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

You are correct. COD is in the old system, can only put $5 down in store. GTA is in the new system, you can put up to the full estimated amount of the game plus tax down on that.

And yes, they are separate transactions. And as always good, to make sure the store employee gets your RZ number on ALL transactions.

Are you hitting a Halo 4 midnight opening event tonight?

Nah, I'm stopping by my local store on the way home since it's convenient; I'm also going to see if they have any GTA V posters and/or photo viewers--hopefully one of the gaming employees who knows me can hook me up (they're also good with getting my RZ number). :D

I might consider going to midnight releases if my store was closer, but alas, I'll have to suffer waiting until Wednesdays to pick up new releases. :booty:

Thanks for clarifying that.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#116 Ashtaar

Ashtaar

King of Blades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Freaking Sweet

210452.png

#117 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

So South park has been pushed to between April 2013 and March 2014. Good chance this game won't release this spring.

Jim Reilly ‏@jimreilly
South Park is now sometime between April 2013-March 2014 and Company of Heroes 2 and Metro: Last Light are both in March.
Posted Image

#118 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

So South park has been pushed to between April 2013 and March 2014. Good chance this game won't release this spring.

Jim Reilly ‏@jimreilly
South Park is now sometime between April 2013-March 2014 and Company of Heroes 2 and Metro: Last Light are both in March.

Something tells me that game isn't going to live up to the hype (if any). It's a shame because I was looking forward to it when they first announced it

#119 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Thats a damn big window, lol.

#120 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Jim Reilly ‏@jimreilly

Bummer. I was really looking forward to it.