Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1171 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

I can't find the article but I remember reading that Best Buy is shipping out Bioshock Infinite for free of charge to some of the affected customers who had their preorders cancelled. I don't know if it's true or not but just thought I would share it.

i guess you mean this ? http://www.joystiq.c...d-pre-orders-f/
LOl, they are actually paying you $20 rewardzone certif to play it. If they keep this up, it do not see bestbuy lasting beyond 2014

#1172 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

I don't think the silver thing is even a glitch. There is usually a bar there that tracks how close you are to silver status buy right not its replaced with the thing saying transactions are delayed till feb 23rd so it just looks like it says you have silver status.

#1173 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

no midnight release for crysis 3? =[

#1174 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Oh wow lucky for some of you! Getting a AAA title on launch day for free!
Me so jelly.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1175 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Will they let me use the 60 day return? I'm 31 days out on a surround system, i want to return it.

Weird thing is, on my receipt is says premier silver as well, which i wasn't at the time i don't believe, and that was a month ago

#1176 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

Will they let me use the 60 day return? I'm 31 days out on a surround system, i want to return it.

Very highly unlikely.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#1177 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Very highly unlikely.

I mean, i could even bring up my rz page for them, don't know if they would really refuse at that point. I'll prob try tomorrow, i just don't want to unhook all that for nothing.

#1178 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

How much did you have pre-paid?

Sorry for the late response but I had the $5 deposit. I used the RZ certificates then finished paying with gift cards.

#1179 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Where does it say you are a silver member?

#1180 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

I mean, i could even bring up my rz page for them, don't know if they would really refuse at that point. I'll prob try tomorrow, i just don't want to unhook all that for nothing.

They know if you are a RZ silver or not once you give them your RZ info. Once you give them yours, even if you show them the page, it will come up on their computer screen that you are a regular RZ member, and will likely be denied the return.

You could get lucky and find a manager that doesn't care though.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#1181 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Where does it say you are a silver member?

It says premiere silver on my receipt and when i go to the reward zone page. I don't know if it matters but my buddy rang me up. If it says it on the receipt than i must have it right?

Oh and also in the rz app it shows premiere silver for that purchase but not for purchases after that when i look at the digital receipts

#1182 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

It says premiere silver on my receipt and when i go to the reward zone page. I don't know if it matters but my buddy rang me up. If it says it on the receipt than i must have it right?

Oh and also in the rz app it shows premiere silver for that purchase but not for purchases after that when i look at the digital receipts

FYI, if it actually says Premier Silver on the receipt it's actually "coded" in the system for that purchase. The system will allow that return (or price match). Also noteworthy to mention that 30/60 days means exactly that. Starting with the day of purchase. I mention this because some people don't factor in the day of purchase or months with 31 days. Outside of the 30/60 days a manager can override for returns, but not price matches. A gift card (or other compensation) can be given for the difference, but it's very rare.

#1183 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Awesome, thanks dude. Do they normally do that with big purchases or is it because my friend rang me up? It was an open box item.

#1184 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Awesome, thanks dude. Do they normally do that with big purchases or is it because my friend rang me up? It was an open box item.

I'm not sure what your situation was/is. Where exactly does it say Premier Silver on the receipt? Is there a line item with your RZ member ID under it? Also, under the transactions (physical receipt) does it say "Your Name, Thanks for shopping..." and under that "As a Reward Zone Silver member,...return and exchange period...45 up to 60 days..." If it doesn't have that last part then you're SOL.

#1185 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Well I wasn't going to get Metal Gear Rising, but after I played the demo today I did a complete 180 and decided to preorder. Already had $55 in reward certs I had to use before April so I've been trying to find something to spend the money on. Hope the final game doesn't suck!

I also noticed the Silver status on my account too. Figured it was some sort of Glitch.

#1186 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

Yes there is a line item, reward zone premiere silver, my member Id, -0.00. It doesn't have the second part, why would it have one and not the other?

#1187 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Yes there is a line item, reward zone premiere silver, my member Id, -0.00. It doesn't have the second part, why would it have one and not the other?

Can't answer that. Maybe your friend scanned some coupon or something. Since you weren't PS then or now and the PS/return/exchange wordage is not there I doubt it's in the system.

#1188 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

I'm probably way, way late in asking this, but would I not get the most enjoyment out of MGR: Revengeance if I've only beaten the first MGS?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1189 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

I'm probably way, way late in asking this, but would I not get the most enjoyment out of MGR: Revengeance if I've only beaten the first MGS?

unless i am mistaken, MGR: Revengeance is a reboot for the series

#1190 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Its a spin off, not a reboot.

#1191 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Its a spin off, not a reboot.

It's actually neither. The story takes place 4 years after MGS4, so it is canonical.

As for Vigilante's question, nobody here's finished the full game so we can't say for sure. However, I'd say if you're worried about the story, but haven't played MGS4 or even MGS2...it will probably be difficult to understand Raiden as a character. A lot of his backstory and motivations were explained in MGS2 and especially 4, which obviously carry over to Metal Gear Rising. It's possible that all of this will be explained/recapped in MG Rising, though.

If you're just in it for the gameplay, I wouldn't worry about it. Try playing the demo; it's completely different from any other Metal Gear game.

#1192 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

I pre-ordered and picked up Deadspace 3 from BBY.com. So far no pending points. Should I wait, or report them mission? Want to make sure I get the $20.

nihilence.png

#1193 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

I pre-ordered and picked up Deadspace 3 from BBY.com. So far no pending points. Should I wait, or report them mission? Want to make sure I get the $20.

There's a delay going on with transactions. It's mentioned on the RWZ site when you log in and its going to last until 2/23, so no ones DS3 has posted to their account yet.

#1194 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Finally pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite.

I wish MLB 13 and some other sports games were part of this.

#1195 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Quick question guys,

I pre-ordered the MGR: Revengeance LE from BB about a week ago after I saw they added the White pre-order bonus for Raiden.

Now as most of you realize, BB still hasn't updated the "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered" thread, and as such no LE/CEs are listed with the $20 RZ cert. A few BB Reps on the forums however have already stated that we "should" be eligible for the it.

What I'm stumped about is, do you guys think I'll be okay even though my GCU will expire on the 15th of March? Since the RZ certs can take up to 30 days to post, I'm not sure if that could void it. I would think it wouldn't since I purchased it when I was already eligible. Figure I'd ask though!

#1196 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

just got email from Best Buy, Last of Us release date changed to 6/18, haven't seen this on any gaming news sites

#1197 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

just got email from Best Buy, Last of Us release date changed to 6/18, haven't seen this on any gaming news sites

Probably an error considering the Best Buy website still says 5/7.

#1198 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Probably an error considering the Best Buy website still says 5/7.

well did anyone else get the email?

#1199 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Best Buy would be the last place I would believe about any kind of release date for a game. Unless Gamestop or Amazon change it, it's just another error by them.

#1200 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Still annoyed they're not doing any pre-order bonuses or a GC for Naruto or even Colonial Marines. Bah.

Went to pre-order Dead Island: Riptide (a $20 GC + price-matching opportunities on a $50 game is a steal) and Bioshock Infinite today and it wouldn't let me pre-order Infinite and they didn't have any idea about the free steelbook.

So, question: Online it says I get a free steelbook for pre-ordering the Special Edition but only when it ships. So if I pre-order it in store, do I get one upfront or not? Do I not get one at all if they're out of steelbooks? Or is a Steelbook included with the special edition in the first place?

Other question: What exactly is the Bioshock Infinite pre-order bonus (the one that isn't the skin for the weapon)?

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.