Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1201 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Other question: What exactly is the Bioshock Infinite pre-order bonus (the one that isn't the skin for the weapon)?

I'm guessing you are talking about the Bioshock Industrial Revolution game?

"BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution is a free puzzle game created by Lazy 8 Studios offered to anyone who pre-orders BioShock Infinite. The game puts you in the role of a factory worker within the sky-city of Columbia. You complete increasingly difficult puzzles while learning more about the warring factions in the game and earning in-game rewards. The game is available on Finkmanufacturing.com and offers 59 puzzles and the ability to unlock in-game items for BioShock Infinite on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or PC" - IGN Wiki

#1202 htz

htz

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

Still annoyed they're not doing any pre-order bonuses or a GC for Naruto or even Colonial Marines. Bah.

Went to pre-order Dead Island: Riptide (a $20 GC + price-matching opportunities on a $50 game is a steal) and Bioshock Infinite today and it wouldn't let me pre-order Infinite and they didn't have any idea about the free steelbook.

So, question: Online it says I get a free steelbook for pre-ordering the Special Edition but only when it ships. So if I pre-order it in store, do I get one upfront or not? Do I not get one at all if they're out of steelbooks? Or is a Steelbook included with the special edition in the first place?

Other question: What exactly is the Bioshock Infinite pre-order bonus (the one that isn't the skin for the weapon)?

Kmart is offering a $15 gaming coupon for Aliens this week. As for Naruto Best Buy is offering a collectible trading card and DBZ Goku skin.

The dead island steelbook are long gone since they actually gave them out last year around September during the same time as the Avengers steelbook. Not sure what is going on with Bioshock Infinite.

#1203 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

Kmart is offering a $15 gaming coupon for Aliens this week. As for Naruto Best Buy is offering a collectible trading card and DBZ Goku skin.

Not to sound negative, but I think that trading card and Goku skin are included in all launch copies of Naruto: UNS3.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1204 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

You are going to have to buy riptide online for the steelbook now, It's worth it, and bioshock infinite you get the industrial revolution thing emailed to you.
In other new's, I picked up my deadspace 3 preorder, and applied $15 in RZ cert's, and it derped really hard on the $ total, it ignored my $5 deposit, even confused a manager lol, got it sorted out though.

#1205 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

I will wait till the reviews are out for Colonial Marines. The early reviews that leaked were pretty dam harsh. I think they do not drop till about 1 am PT though.

#1206 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

I will wait till the reviews are out for Colonial Marines. The early reviews that leaked were pretty dam harsh. I think they do not drop till about 1 am PT though.

You are correct IGN posts at 1am PT. Does anyone know if Crysis 3 will be better on PS3 or 360? I can't afford a nice PC. Thanks CAGs!

#1207 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

Wonder if the maintenance will mess with the $20 GC from Dead Space 3...was wanting to use it for Bioshock Infinite.
Posted Image

#1208 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

You are correct IGN posts at 1am PT. Does anyone know if Crysis 3 will be better on PS3 or 360? I can't afford a nice PC. Thanks CAGs!

There is the MP beta on both consoles if you want to try it, seemed slightly smoother on the 360 for me though.

#1209 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

Is there a way to see the $20 cert pending? I have issues with my GC Unlocked working correctly.

#1210 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

it is that bad, lol

#1211 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

I'm guessing you are talking about the Bioshock Industrial Revolution game?

Thanks, that's the one. I'm still kinda confused as to when you can play it/get the code, and what you can unlock, but I'll figure it out. I heard that the allegiance you pick in this mini-game may affect the main game's storyline?

Kmart is offering a $15 gaming coupon for Aliens this week. As for Naruto Best Buy is offering a collectible trading card and DBZ Goku skin..

I wish K-mart wasn't a half-hour drive. Since it's a gaming coupon I'm guessing no one will PM it either. :( Surprised to see a good enough deal on it though since they canned Josh, though.

The Naruto stuff is all in the Day 1 edition, which is available @ GS as well (GS is also giving out a nice poster). Didn't know BB was offering it too. But since no one is offering GCs and I've never seen a Naruto game go on sale within the first 30 days, I think I'm gonna get it straight from Namco-Bandai website since it comes with the soundtrack and the poster. http://store.namcoba...s=1360651584770

You can also shell out an extra $20 for an edition with a Naruto/Sasuke figure thing, but that'd be silly.

Thanks Hemi. I guess I'll place my order online then. Sucks they're out of stock in the stores..

As for Colonial Marines, I'm tempering my expectations since I've made myself familiar with all the bad press (made me cancel my CE pre-order). Maybe at least getting the $15 Bug Hunt DLC from Walmart will make me feel better. And as to why the game is crap, I blame the Borderlands franchise. >:(

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#1212 htz

htz

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

http://www.eurogamer...a-demo-showdown

Not to sound negative, but I think that trading card and Goku skin are included in all launch copies of Naruto: UNS3.

I did it to show BobbyTastic what Best Buy is offering for naruto, not necessarily referring to it as a BB exclusive pre-order bonus.

#1213 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Also noteworthy to mention that 30/60 days means exactly that. Starting with the day of purchase. I mention this because some people don't factor in the day of purchase or months with 31 days. Outside of the 30/60 days a manager can override for returns, but not price matches. A gift card (or other compensation) can be given for the difference, but it's very rare.

Never had an issue with a match on the 60/61 day to be honest it rarely happens that late. I doubt the reps will even be able to count that far back anyways once you say you got 60 days it's kinfa just a quite glance.

Now as most of you realize, BB still hasn't updated the "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered" thread, and as such no LE/CEs are listed with the $20 RZ cert. A few BB Reps on the forums however have already stated that we "should" be eligible for the it.

In the booklets for the $20 pre-orders the LE/CE/SE is listed at the very top of the 1st page. Plus there's never been a $20 GC/RZ pt offer like this where CE/SELE weren't included going all the way back to MW2 night vision googles.

The only issue I can remember was with system bundles that included the game.

I wish K-mart wasn't a half-hour drive. Since it's a gaming coupon I'm guessing no one will PM it either.

I was stunned at the # of people who were stating they got BB to pm the gaming coupons some got $15 BB GC(they reduced the game $15 & charged $15 for the GC) or just took $15 off the $60. Either works for me since it's a day 1 $45 pm basically.

#1214 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Dead Space 3 has a $18 base TIV($37.80 w/GCU) keep in mind this is with the 100% so chances are the base rises to $22-$24 during the 50%.

Aliens has the same base TIV as well

Factoring in 6% tax a game pm to $40 would only "cost" $4.58 w/$18 base & 110% TIV so I'm good with that.

#1215 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

In the booklets for the $20 pre-orders the LE/CE/SE is listed at the very top of the 1st page. Plus there's never been a $20 GC/RZ pt offer like this where CE/SELE weren't included going all the way back to MW2 night vision googles.

The only issue I can remember was with system bundles that included the game.

As always, thanks Enuf for the helpful info. Haven't gone to Best Buy since last month and never even realized they had booklets with this info listed. Good to know I shouldn't have any issues, now I can't wait till the 19th. :bouncy:

Dead Space 3 has a $18 base TIV($37.80 w/GCU) keep in mind this is with the 100% so chances are the base rises to $22-$24 during the 50%.

Aliens has the same base TIV as well

Factoring in 6% tax a game pm to $40 would only "cost" $4.58 w/$18 base & 110% TIV so I'm good with that.

Hopefully that will be the norm for other releases too, I was surprised Ni No Kuni dropped so fast, along with DmC.

#1216 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Not really the topic of this thread but people are talking about buying Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Looks like a big don't. But hey they had time to create a season pass instead of a great game.

IGN: 4.5/10
Destructoid 2.5/10
Eurogamer 3/10
Polygon 3/10
Gamespot 4.5/10
3D Juegos 3.8/10
EGM 9/10 (WTF?)
The Escapist 6/10
Gametrailers 5.9/10
Edge 5/10

Wow if it was not for Borderlands I would call Pitchford the biggest con-man in the industry. Bewteen this and Duke how can he sell a game with a straight face.

Edited by cancerman1120, 12 February 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#1217 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

As always, thanks Enuf for the helpful info. Haven't gone to Best Buy since last month and never even realized they had booklets with this info listed. Good to know I shouldn't have any issues, now I can't wait till the 19th. :bouncy:

Hopefully that will be the norm for other releases too, I was surprised Ni No Kuni dropped so fast, along with DmC.

PS3 exclusives tend not to do well with BB & DmC was affected by the RE promo. For whatever reason BB will generally drop the values for games included in their promos(@gamer/RZ coupon/Weekly ad)

Not really the topic of this thread but people are talking about buying Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Looks like a big don't. But hey they had time to create a season pass instead of a great game.

Destructoid 2.5/10
Eurogamer 3/10
Polygon 3/10

Wow if it was not for Borderlands I would call Pitchford the biggest con-man in the industry. Bewteen this and Duke how can he sell a game with a straight face.

I'm still gonna buy since I think this will mean a bigger pm in 60 days & I still get the bigger TIV. I love the franchise & would like to see them continue making(hopefully much better games) & I like the Devs. So for basically $15 or less true cost I give it a go. But no DLC for me as usual.

#1218 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

So I finally recieved my Dead Space 3 today and I was wondering, Is it the day that you recieve the item that the 30 days for price matching starts, or is it the day the item ships? Sorry for the noob question, this is the first time I've shipped an item that may be eligible for a PM. I usually do in store pickup with all my purchases.
Zombies%20World.jpg
fss_overall.png

8-) A CAG that plays his games 8-)

#1219 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

I don't think Ni No Kuni or DmC started high in the first place.

#1220 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Destructoid 2.5/10
Eurogamer 3/10
Polygon 3/10
Gamespot 4.5/10
3D Juegos 3.8/10
EGM 9/10 (WTF?)
The Escapist 6/10
Gametrailers 5.9/10
Edge 5/10

License game is a license game is a license game. What did you expect? Plus if you followed the Aliens CE thread someone posted a video of two guys playing the game (which looked god aweful). I am definitely not surprised by the terrible scores.

xivpads.png

#1221 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

I went and preordred MGR and Last of Us this week
Posted Image

#1222 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

License game is a license game is a license game. What did you expect? Plus if you followed the Aliens CE thread someone posted a video of two guys playing the game (which looked god aweful). I am definitely not surprised by the terrible scores.

Of course you're not.

#1223 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

So I finally recieved my Dead Space 3 today and I was wondering, Is it the day that you recieve the item that the 30 days for price matching starts, or is it the day the item ships? Sorry for the noob question, this is the first time I've shipped an item that may be eligible for a PM. I usually do in store pickup with all my purchases.

The ship date is the official start of the return and price matching period but if you get a nice rep, they can still price match for you after your pm period is over.

#1224 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Need to decide between MGRR for the 360 or the PS3. Lately I feel like the PS3 has gotten slightly 'better' versions of games (and only one disc), but I heard Bayonetta was really bad on the PS3. What does everyone think?

#1225 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

if you thought the game of alien: colonial marine is bad, just look up the unboxing video of the collectors edition for it. LOL

#1226 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Need to decide between MGRR for the 360 or the PS3. Lately I feel like the PS3 has gotten slightly 'better' versions of games (and only one disc), but I heard Bayonetta was really bad on the PS3. What does everyone think?

The PS3 version gets exclusive VR missions in North America. Eurogamer also said it was smoother overall.

#1227 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Reckon I'll pick that one up then. Don't care about achievements/trophies all that much (though my internet for the PS3 always cuts out for some reason, which may steer me away from it...could never download a patch for Max Payne 3 without it dropping connection, but played LA Noire and most other games fine so who knows), and I like the PS3 controller better anyhow.

PS3 games also seem like they hold trade in value a bit better too, but for a new game like this I guess if won't matter if I decide to part with it after finishing.

More concerned about it running smoother and sounding better than the VR missions if they are anything close to what they were in the other MGS games.

Thanks for the info!

EDIT: Apparently hearing the campaign is between 6-8 hours as well, so I doubt I'll be holding on to it either way. Perhaps I'll just Redbox it and use my certs for other games.

#1228 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

So I guess BBY changed the release date of The Last of Us to June 18. Has the internet in a tizzy right. Truth or another BBY tech fart?
Posted Image

#1229 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

So I guess BBY changed the release date of The Last of Us to June 18. Has the internet in a tizzy right. Truth or another BBY tech fart?

Gamestop did as well. We should hear some official word later today hopefully.

#1230 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Gamestop.com still shows 5/7/2013 for me.