Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1231 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Gamestop.com still shows 5/7/2013 for me.

They changed it again. As of about 8:00 p.m. PST last night, all three versions showed the 6/18/13 date on Gamestop.com.

#1232 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

How many discs will MGR have on the X360? Crysis can fit onto 1, so will MGR have 1?

#1233 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Quick question guys,

I pre-ordered the MGR: Revengeance LE from BB about a week ago after I saw they added the White pre-order bonus for Raiden.

Now as most of you realize, BB still hasn't updated the "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered" thread, and as such no LE/CEs are listed with the $20 RZ cert. A few BB Reps on the forums however have already stated that we "should" be eligible for the it.

What I'm stumped about is, do you guys think I'll be okay even though my GCU will expire on the 15th of March? Since the RZ certs can take up to 30 days to post, I'm not sure if that could void it. I would think it wouldn't since I purchased it when I was already eligible. Figure I'd ask though!

LE/CEs are definitely included. Were on the last set of these, are on this one.

Requirment is that you are a GCU member the day that you pick up the qualifying preordered game.

You're renewing your membership regardless, aren't you?

#1234 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

if you have a digital sub how do you receive view the magazine?

also how long does the rewards cert take to show up?

2ibzq5d.jpg

#1235 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

also how does price matching work when you order online?

2ibzq5d.jpg

#1236 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

also how does price matching work when you order online?

You have to call 1-888-BESTBUY with your order number close by, say you want to price-match something you already bought online from Bestbuy.com, then tell the next person to whom you speak where you saw the lower price and provide the order number for your original purchase.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1237 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

LE/CEs are definitely included. Were on the last set of these, are on this one.

Requirment is that you are a GCU member the day that you pick up the qualifying preordered game.

You're renewing your membership regardless, aren't you?

Yeah I will, I'll just probably wait until March 12 gets close that way I can pad a few days in there before I pre-order Ascension. (My GCU expires 3/5)

#1238 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

You have to call 1-888-BESTBUY with your order number close by, say you want to price-match something you already bought online from Bestbuy.com, then tell the next person to whom you speak where you saw the lower price and provide the order number for your original purchase.

What happens if you paid by GC for the purchase? What do they do?

#1239 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

What happens if you paid by GC for the purchase? What do they do?

If you still have the GC they can put the funds back on it. If not, they will send you another one via snail mail.

#1240 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

If you still have the GC they can put the funds back on it. If not, they will send you another one via snail mail.

Thanks. I still have it, so just waiting for a PM.

#1241 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Sony confirms Last of Us delayed to 6/14

http://uk.gamespot.c...june-14-6403855

#1242 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

So sad. :cry: At least Bioshock Infinite is a month away.

#1243 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

:roll: Awesome. On the bright side, after the hard hitting month of March, all I have to buy is Injustice for the time being.

#1244 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Awesome. On the bright side, after the hard hitting month of March, all I have to buy is Injustice for the time being.

Dead island is april too.
As is Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen ($39.99 MSRP o.O)

#1245 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hmmm, to preorder Crysis 3 or not? Basically hoping that it drops to 39.99 somewhere within 30 days so I can PM

Buying any EA game at 60 is a little silly, they along with ubisoft titles tend to get to 49.99 like within a week and 39.99 definitely possible

Crysis 3 has TERRIBLE beta IMO, worse than 2's MP. Hopefully reviews come in by Monday

Waiting on reviews is key in this day and age, especially since Aliens Colonial Marines was panned by critics even though it looked decent enough

#1246 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Fuck that sucks. How long do these RZ Certs last 90. Should have enough time left to use all three RZ certs. that I will receive from preordering Tomb Raider, God of War, and Bioshock.

#1247 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Are you saying that it's a bad price? It includes Dragon's Dogma.

#1248 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Fuck that sucks. How long do these RZ Certs last 90. Should have enough time left to use all three RZ certs. that I will receive from preordering Tomb Raider, God of War, and Bioshock.

If it is any shorter you can PO it online for in store pickup pay the full amount asap and be good to go.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#1249 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Hmmm, to preorder Crysis 3 or not? Basically hoping that it drops to 39.99 somewhere within 30 days so I can PM

Buying any EA game at 60 is a little silly, they along with ubisoft titles tend to get to 49.99 like within a week and 39.99 definitely possible

Crysis 3 has TERRIBLE beta IMO, worse than 2's MP. Hopefully reviews come in by Monday

Waiting on reviews is key in this day and age, especially since Aliens Colonial Marines was panned by critics even though it looked decent enough

That's actually a good reason to use this promo though. Pre-order and purchase it, get a $20 credit, and PM down to $40 during the PM window.

#1250 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Dead island is april too.

Im not to sure on Dead Island. I got sick of playing the first one right after chapter 1. As for the other title I'll wait for a sub $20 price. Just a month ago, my plan was buying Injustice, Last of Us, and GTA V right after Bioshock, but that's been thrown out the window. Atleast my wallet gets to recover a bit and I can play a bit more of my backlog. :)

#1251 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Im not to sure on Dead Island. I got sick of playing the first one right after chapter 1. As for the other title I'll wait for a sub $20 price. Just a month ago, my plan was buying Injustice, Last of Us, and GTA V right after Bioshock, but that's been thrown out the window. Atleast my wallet gets to recover a bit and I can play a bit more of my backlog.

Get it release week and play with a full party of friend's, it's fun as HELL, also, $50 msrp, steelbook (stores ran out but online work's) $20 RZ cert, sssoooo... Yeah!

#1252 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

No I just forgot about the DLC coming and now need to decide, keep, or sell, my copy (gonna SSUUCCKKK if vanilla saves don't work)

#1253 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Didn't realize this until you mentioned this.

From their wiki:
"It's a standalone game that contains loads of new stuff as well as the original, full, Dragon's Dogma game."

Nice. So basically a GoTY version without the GoTY title. Sounded like an stand alone expansion pack like Undead Nightmare.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1254 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

That's actually a good reason to use this promo though. Pre-order and purchase it, get a $20 credit, and PM down to $40 during the PM window.

I'm a little nervous about depending on a price drop in 30 days. I haven't seen Devil May Cry drop and its been almost 30. Silver members I get it.

#1255 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

I'm a little nervous about depending on a price drop in 30 days. I haven't seen Devil May Cry drop and its been almost 30. Silver members I get it.

So you failed the deepdiscount PM?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1256 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

If you buy with a credit card you can price match through the credit card company. I think most credit cards price match for 60 days and some even do 90 days.

#1257 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

If you buy with a credit card you can price match through the credit card company. I think most credit cards price match for 60 days and some even do 90 days.

Not even close to accurate. The few credit cards that do offer price match protection will only do it a limited number of times per year up to a maximum amount and they make it very difficult to get the protection. In fact, I believe only Citi and Chase currently offer it and then only on very few of their cards. In short, nobody should depend on this as an alternative to price matching at BB.

#1258 Kuroknight27

Kuroknight27

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

So any release day deals for MGR Revengeance, I'm not sure I want to pick it up at full price!

#1259 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

So any release day deals for MGR Revengeance, I'm not sure I want to pick it up at full price!

Well if you're a GCU member and pre-order from BB you get a $20 RZ cert and can PM for up to 30 days or 60 days if you're Silver status.

#1260 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Not even close to accurate. The few credit cards that do offer price match protection will only do it a limited number of times per year up to a maximum amount and they make it very difficult to get the protection. In fact, I believe only Citi and Chase currently offer it and then only on very few of their cards. In short, nobody should depend on this as an alternative to price matching at BB.

Chase Sapphire, it's pretty easy with their program I highly recommend it. But it must be the same retailer, and no coupon deal/B2G1 trickery.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png