Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1411 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Misunderstood. Yeh that sounds like a viable work-around to me. The funny thing is that it will only use up more of the already swamped cs' time. Best Buy!

The only difference here is you will be wasting the time of someone at checkout when you buy the 2nd item and then the time of the customer service person when doing the return.

This is really a radical change. If the whole point of this was to prevent things like the Wal-mart iphone deal this still does not do that. Yes it stops the $20 RZ cert deal but that could have been handled differently than the proposed change. Even just making them GC instead of certs would have solved the problem. Now their return window is less than any other retailer which will be a major drawback for customers. I mean Wal-mart has a 90 day return window.

#1412 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm a law student and they absolutely can. A policy is not a contract, it can be changed at any time.

What they may run afoul with is something called deceptive consumer practices if there was not enough notice to consumers who purchased something in good faith believing the PM policy would cover their purchases.

But that theory is a big stretch since there likely won't be any fallout from this change except a few angry customers.

In all honesty, I haven't PM'd a single game and I've been part of the BB unlocked promos since they started. Why not? Because I didn't know about the policy and it seemed like a big hassle.

I think I will PM DS3 this Sunday but that's it. Don't expect any other sweet PM opportunities after this change. Because quite honestly, you don't deserve them, at least not for 60 days that policy was silly.

It says right on the receipt you have 60 days to return the item. I doubt they are going to void any previous transactions after updating the policy. Just like they did not extend the return period for purchases made before the increase from 45 to 60 days.

Edit: Who the Fuck cares if you think anyone "deserves" them.

#1413 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

okay so the policy will change, but doesn't that mean PM just become YMMV? You might still be able to find a cool manager that may allow it pass the 15 days anyways right?
Just wishful thinking

#1414 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

okay so the policy will change, but doesn't that mean PM just become YMMV? You might still be able to find a cool manager that may allow it pass the 15 days anyways right?
Just wishful thinking

of cuz, when it comes to pricematching at bestbuy. it is always ymmv

#1415 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

I'm a law student and they absolutely can. A policy is not a contract, it can be changed at any time.

What they may run afoul with is something called deceptive consumer practices if there was not enough notice to consumers who purchased something in good faith believing the PM policy would cover their purchases.

But that theory is a big stretch since there likely won't be any fallout from this change except a few angry customers.

In all honesty, I haven't PM'd a single game and I've been part of the BB unlocked promos since they started. Why not? Because I didn't know about the policy and it seemed like a big hassle.

I think I will PM DS3 this Sunday but that's it. Don't expect any other sweet PM opportunities after this change. Because quite honestly, you don't deserve them, at least not for 60 days that policy was silly.

Tell me how a receipt isn't a contract? If it says 60 on it they can't magically change it to 15..

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1416 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

I have been thinking about this, as I sure most of you all have and I have come to the following conclusions.

Best Buy's customers fall into a few different categories. Customers who shop on impulse/need, people who shop when they are bored, and people who shop smart.

If we break those down in terms of returns and price matching I would think it breaks down a little further.

1. People who buy things to try em out but with the intent on returning them, this new policy is aimed at them, but others are hit in the cross fire.
2. People who buy stuff without really thinking it through and end up regretting/disliking the product.
3. People who price match to save money.

Best Buy is reducing their overall return period to the lowest in the retail market, 15 days, just over 2 weeks.

As such the people who are #1 will just shop at Wal-Mart or Target who still have bigger windows, so Best Buy will be pushing those people away, I doubt Best Buy really cares about those people.

Then we have #2, those people return very few items, maybe 5-10% of all their purchases. Normal customers do this mainly because they either really like what they buy or just don't want to bother with the work involved in going back to the store and returning it and rather just suck it up and learn from it.

The people who buy something, find they just don't like it for whatever reason will go in to return the item. They will be denied due to the new stricter policy and more than likely will either stop shopping there all together or only buy what they know they will keep. Either way it will reduce the amount of income Best Buy gets from that demographic.

CAGs will just shop a lot smarter, instead of picking up a brand new game with the hope of getting it cheaper, I know I will not be doing that and will instead wait for a store to have it for the price I want and then go and buy it. Basically solving nothing except lowering their overall sales for an initial products release window leaving Best Buy with more product on the shelf and will then need to lower the price themselves to move it.

Again this is just my thoughts/theory on the matter. I just think it is going to back fire on them. I can understand where they are coming from, but why not just back it 30 day return and 15 day price match (all retailers) for normal customers. And then 30 days return and 30 day price match (all retailers) for Silver members.

Makes more sense to me on both sides, but I am not a business savvy person, I am just a CAG who wants companies to survive that deserve to survive *cough* unlike GameStop *cough* and the customer to get good deals.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1417 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Edit: Who the Fuck cares if you think anyone "deserves" them.

LOL, exactly what I was thinking.

#1418 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Tell me how a receipt isn't a contract? If it says 60 on it they can't magically change it to 15..

Um yes they can. The receipt says to go online for more information and details. As of right now here is what the policy says:

Return & Exchange Period
30 days for all products
60 days for eligible products for Reward Zone® program Premier Silver members
Best Buy reserves the right to deny any return or exchange.

The policy changes, they deny the return/exchange because it's past 15 days, simple as that.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1419 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm not currently a BB unlocked member. If I go in store and join with $15 will I instantly be able to preorder a game and get $20 reward cert?

#1420 skyzen

skyzen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Instead of shrinking the return window, why can't they add a 5% -10%restocking fee for any opened products. This will prevent scammers to get free rentals of electronic products.

#1421 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

For those interested (like me), the Survival Edition for The Last of Us is finally up for preorder at Bestbuy.com:

http://www.bestbuy.c...of us&lp=2&cp=1

For some reason, the steelbook isn't mentioned on the page anywhere, but we probably (read: hopefully :pray:) have no cause for worry, like how the $20 in RZ points isn't mentioned on CE pages but it should still apply.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1422 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Did they take down the Crysis 1 download for preorders? I don't see it on the Crysis 3 page anymore. I'm worried about the fulfillment.

#1423 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Despite the changes, I still would preorder day one releases from time to time but obviously not on those titles I am just slightly interested in. I still have a good amount of BB credit from all those trades-ins so Best Buy is still the way to go for me.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#1424 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

They gave me silver this year and now they do this. I was excited for 60 day PM window.

#1425 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

If there was any doubt left, Comsumerist is reporting this is true complete with non-answer from Best Buy Corporate. RIP KmartGamer.

#1426 htz

htz

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm not currently a BB unlocked member. If I go in store and join with $15 will I instantly be able to preorder a game and get $20 reward cert?

Yeah once you sign up for unlocked in-store you will be able to take advantage of the $20 RZ offer. Your $20 RZ cert. comes in the form of 1000RZ points after 30 days which you can redeem for a $20 RZ cert.

Did they take down the Crysis 1 download for preorders? I don't see it on the Crysis 3 page anymore. I'm worried about the fulfillment.

I'm still seeing the offer on bestbuy.com right now.

I'm a sad panda now.

Feels like BB just punched me in the gut and ran away with my lunch money.

#HappyFridayBitches

Tell me how long you will last on eBay if you offered your customers 30-60 days price matching/returns/exchanges with no restocking fees on top of the cost of dealing with potential fraudulent customers.

#1427 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

wow. apparently i have silver this year, so maybe they'll maintain their policies for silvers, lol. no more first-day purchases for me.

#1428 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

http://consumerist.c...rice-guarantee/

More fun stuff they will PM Amazon for up to 15 days according to what I read here so you lose the 30 day window but remove the showroom mentality....still think its going to make people 2nd guess purchases

#1429 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Wow, according to that Silver Members will also be restricted to 15 days.

Price matching frys, newegg and amazon is good at least. Outside of launch games, I guess ill wait till one of those sites have a sale before getting a game.

#1430 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

After reading that link, it seems reasonable but isn't a 60 return policy for silver essentially a 60 price match?

#1431 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

Wow, according to that Silver Members will also be restricted to 15 days.

Price matching frys, newegg and amazon is good at least. Outside of launch games, I guess ill wait till one of those sites have a sale before getting a game.

It updated with Silver gets the 60 days return. So return rebuy?

After reading that link, it seems reasonable but isn't a 60 return policy for silver essentially a 60 price match?

Lose out on the Reward points. But they also track te returns and can ban/block you from doing it going forward.

#1432 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Where does it show that Crysis 1 bonus is still active? I don't see it anywhere on Bestbuy.com?

#1433 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

http://consumerist.c...rice-guarantee/

More fun stuff they will PM Amazon for up to 15 days according to what I read here so you lose the 30 day window but remove the showroom mentality....still think its going to make people 2nd guess purchases

Finally some sound info. Will you guys give up GCU in light of this? I am having doubts on renewal.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1434 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

Nah, getting 20 on new release games is still a better deal then you get most places. Price matching on line stores can be good since frys does have launch titles on sale for 49.99 sometimes.

#1435 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

So the 60 day return window remains for Silver members which is good. No post-purchase pricematching from competitors is a kick in the nuggets.

It was a fun ride while it lasted, but hopefully it helps Best Buy in the long run.

#1436 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

Yeah although it pains me dearly, I hope they are making the right decision, and it actually does save them more money than the customers that it drives away.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1437 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

" Please note: After a transition period for Reward Zone Premier Silver members through April 18, 2013, the 15 day period of the Price Match policy goes into effect (post-purchase – Best Buy only)."

This reads like the post purchase PM will still work for Silver members until April 18th?

#1438 BiggyP2P

BiggyP2P

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

Finally some sound info. Will you guys give up GCU in light of this? I am having doubts on renewal.

I really wanted to post more credible information at the time (besides my own word) but anything else would have been from the training modules that we had to take. I only wanted to go so far with getting this out there.. :p

The Silver return policy is still going to be 60 days but the Price Match window is 15. We're being told to do Return/Rebuys for any price match (that isn't from a BB price) after day one.. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to do it that way.

#1439 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

I really wanted to post more credible information at the time (besides my own word) but anything else would have been from the training modules that we had to take. I only wanted to go so far with getting this out there.. :p

The Silver return policy is still going to be 60 days but the Price Match window is 15. We're being told to do Return/Rebuys for any price match (that isn't from a BB price) after day one.. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to do it that way.

Hmm thanks, aside from the $20 GCU issue, I don't see this affecting silver members much. You guys still essentially have 60 days to price match.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1440 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

thanks again for providing the information. Now with real "website/ Sources" release, they are finally believing it is real, and not made up. LOL