Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#151 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Just wondering can you use reward zone credit or gift cards to purchase say Call of Duty black ops 2 and still get the $20 reward certificate? Thanks so much :)

Yep!

#152 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Has anyone seen their Halo 4 RZ certs post yet? I'm not even seeing the points/purchase hit my account yet (bought @ midnight release).

I'll give it a few more days until I start to inquire with their CS, but I was wondering if I was in the same boat as others or in the water.

You could check to see if the transaction has been posted by clicking on report missing points. I guess it's easier to come on here and post though. CS won't do anything for you until it's been 30 days. To answer your question, no my points are only pending right now (not that I expected them to post a week after the game is released like a lot of people on here).

#153 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

I can only speak for myself, but I can't imagine BBY will continue this promotion quarter after quarter if they continue to get calls, emails, questions in-store, and PMs regarding this points issue - all that requires people responding to these requests and that costs money and I can't imagine they're making a bunch of it off this promotion (even if the wholesale cost of Halo 4 is $40, selling it for $60 with a $20 GC doesn't leave much room for profit). If you can't wait the 30 days max specified before contacting them, you shouldn't pre-order the game. It's clear that there's a 30 day window - it isn't a mystery it may take that long to receive the points - it may even take several days to a week to see those points pending, even if the other points for the transaction are already visible as pending. Reading post after post of people asking where their points are days after release or even, in one case, days before the game actually is released, gets tiresome.

#154 samejgink

samejgink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

You could check to see if the transaction has been posted by clicking on report missing points. I guess it's easier to come on here and post though. CS won't do anything for you until it's been 30 days. To answer your question, no my points are only pending right now (not that I expected them to post a week after the game is released like a lot of people on here).

I came here after I checked my Rewards Zone page, hence me saying "I'm not even seeing the points/purchase hit my account yet." I misread the points/pending report because the total # of pending points is at 90. Clicking on the purchase link however reveals points and the 1000 pre-order points.

They're pending, and my question is answered.

I came here because I thought I had a problem, and I know this community KNOWS what is going on from shared experience, and I also come here to share knowledge where I can. I don't come here to ask questions that I can easily find with a google search, or without doing some research. In this case I made a mistake, and I own that, but I'd appreciate it if you would check your attitude.

#155 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Wow!!! I'm in for all of them.. And Gamestop was never heard from again!!!

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#156 investor

investor

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

If I had pre-ordered online and fully paid for Black Ops II on 9-28, over 40 days ago, shouldn't the points be listed by now as "pending?" I don't even see a transaction for it on my Reward Zone account, but I do see it on my Bestbuy.com account.
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#157 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

If I had pre-ordered online and fully paid for Black Ops II on 9-28, over 40 days ago, shouldn't the points be listed by now as "pending?" I don't even see a transaction for it on my Reward Zone account, but I do see it on my Bestbuy.com account.

No. Because you didn't purchase the item yet. They only put a hold on the funds TO purchase it when it releases.

The clock starts when you pickup the game. When you pickup the game BBY makes an official claim to the funds and the transaction takes place.

If you meant just seeing the preorder in your RZ account (not the points etc) then I honestly don't know. I preorder exclusively in store.

#158 investor

investor

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

I see. That is what I thought until I read a few post up top stating that people do see that their points are listed as "pending" for Black Ops II.

Now do they give you the pre-order bonuses when you pickup Black Ops II (the dogtag and the DLC code for Nuke Town 2025)?

No. Because you didn't purchase the item yet. They only put a hold on the funds TO purchase it when it releases.

The clock starts when you pickup the game. When you pickup the game BBY makes an official claim to the funds and the transaction takes place.

If you meant just seeing the preorder in your RZ account (not the points etc) then I honestly don't know. I preorder exclusively in store.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#159 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Do CEs apply to the $20 promo? I know Amazon never does, but does Best Buy?

Posted Image

#160 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, they normally do.

#161 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

What is standard procedure for picking up pre-order in store after only putting $5 down on pre-order a couple of days prior to release day pick-up? I am asking so I don't lose my $20 reward zone pre-order gamers club unlocked bonus.

#162 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Damn you TRU, I wanted to get a PM on XCOM and you only stock PS3 :(
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#163 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

When picking up, ensure you still have GCU. Then go up to CS and pick it up. It should be marked as an exchange at the top. Keep all receipts. That'll help you in case problems arise.

#164 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Do CEs apply to the $20 promo? I know Amazon never does, but does Best Buy?

Yes...

#165 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

I know there's links to Best Buy, but it would be nice to see the release dates in the OP for quick reference.

02/05/13 Dead Space 3
02/19/13 Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
02/26/13 Bioshock Infinite
02/xx/13 Crysis 3
03/05/13 Tomb Raider
03/12/13 God of War: Ascension
03/19/13 Gears of War: Judgement
04/23/13 Dead Island Riptide
04/xx/13 Injustice: Gods Among Us
xx/xx/13 (Q2) Grand Theft Auto V
xx/xx/13 (Spring) Splinter Cell: Blacklist
xx/xx/13 (TBA) Last of Us
xx/xx/xx (Fiscal 2014) South Park: The Stick of Truth
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#166 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Is there any way to pay for these games in full? Would love to take advantage of my Chase cc best buy cashback bonus that ends this year.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#167 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Is there any way to pay for these games in full? Would love to take advantage of my Chase cc best buy cashback bonus that ends this year.

There should be a new system in place for a few of these games (GTA V for sure) that allows you to put down whatever you want on it over $5.

#168 El Toro Fuerte

El Toro Fuerte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

When I preordered AC3, I asked to pay for it in full and they were able to do it. It WAS kind of a hassle when checking out though. They had to do an exchange, but still ended up getting the 1000 points after submitting a missing points thing.

#169 DrumsVocalsKeys

DrumsVocalsKeys

I'm a Christian Musician!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

If you do your pre-order on BestBuy.com you will be required to pay in full. I pre-ordered my AC3 and BOps2 online and was required to pay in full.

#170 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

If you do your pre-order on BestBuy.com you will be required to pay in full. I pre-ordered my AC3 and BOps2 online and was required to pay in full.

unless youre paying by paypal they dont. They place a hold for the full amount, and keep refreshing the hold every couple of weeks, but the actual charge wont go thru until they ship out the game.

#171 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

From what I've been reading the 1000 Bonus points should be listed under the actual game purchase in Point and Purchases. I pre-ordered COD:BLOPS2 in-store on 10/10 using a $5 RZ (also getting the COD @gamer mag free) I picked it up on 11/13 but all I see is:

Total Points Earned with this transaction 108

Purchases 54
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 54

The pickup was done as an exchange and my RZ # is on both receipts.

???

#172 DrumsVocalsKeys

DrumsVocalsKeys

I'm a Christian Musician!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

unless youre paying by paypal they dont. They place a hold for the full amount, and keep refreshing the hold every couple of weeks, but the actual charge wont go thru until they ship out the game.

Thanks for this info. I wasn't aware of this.

#173 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

So anyone here ever try to double dip with price matching, Best buy price match and visa/mastercard price protection? I think it would work, but credit card price protection requires paperwork and calling customer service. After all this work, if you include the $20 RZ as cash, it's almost like getting a free game lol.

#174 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

From what I've been reading the 1000 Bonus points should be listed under the actual game purchase in Point and Purchases. I pre-ordered COD:BLOPS2 in-store on 10/10 using a $5 RZ (also getting the COD @gamer mag free) I picked it up on 11/13 but all I see is:

Total Points Earned with this transaction 108

Purchases 54
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 54

The pickup was done as an exchange and my RZ # is on both receipts.

???

1000 points should appear within a day, same thing happened to me

#175 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

So anyone here ever try to double dip with price matching, Best buy price match and visa/mastercard price protection? I think it would work, but credit card price protection requires paperwork and calling customer service. After all this work, if you include the $20 RZ as cash, it's almost like getting a free game lol.

If you're getting the BB PM, why would you need price protection? Stop trying to game the system. :roll:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#176 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

This is fraud. Also credit cards are pretty good at tracking this. Meaning the minute they see an adjustment made by Best Buy on that transaction they will reverse any credit they gave you.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#177 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

What is not covered:
The Price Protection Program does not apply to:

• Items purchased subject to rebate, redeemable manufacturer’s coupon, or any refund of any sort, in which case your purchase price will be determined by taking into account any such rebate or refund.

#178 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Not anymore. Their new system, which I believe is online now and was quoted by a mod, online you can now opt for how much you would like to put down on a preorder.

#179 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

1000 points should appear within a day, same thing happened to me

Stop telling people this. The pending points can take up to 2 weeks to go pending. They normally post in 5-7 days.

It can take up to 30-35 days for the points to post per the terms of the Victory can be Preordered deal.

#180 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Stop telling people this. The pending points can take up to 2 weeks to go pending. They normally post in 5-7 days.

It can take up to 30-35 days for the points to post per the terms of the Victory can be Preordered deal.

So it is common for the bonus points to show up after the qualifying purchase does? Will they be listed under the qualifying purchase or as a new line item?