Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#181 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

So it is common for the bonus points to show up after the qualifying purchase does? Will they be listed under the qualifying purchase or as a new line item?

yes in my experience and no, it shows up in the original purchase at least for me.

#182 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

So it is common for the bonus points to show up after the qualifying purchase does? Will they be listed under the qualifying purchase or as a new line item?

When they post as pending, you can view them under the purchase of the game at myrz.com

You have to expand the purchase history "+" button on the date you purchased it and at the bottom it will have the special offer pending points shown in orange.

Note that the special offer pending points do NOT show in the pending total by your posted points. They can only be viewed as pending when doing the above.

Again it can take 3-5 days for the special offers to be viewed as pending. Then it can take up to 30-35 days from time of purchase for the pending points to post as usable per the terms of Victory can be Preordered.

#183 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

When they post as pending, you can view them under the purchase of the game at myrz.com

You have to expand the purchase history "+" button on the date you purchased it and at the bottom it will have the special offer pending points shown in orange.

Note that the special offer pending points do NOT show in the pending total by your posted points. They can only be viewed as pending when doing the above.

Again it can take 3-5 days for the special offers to be viewed as pending. Then it can take up to 30-35 days from time of purchase for the pending points to post as usable per the terms of Victory can be Preordered.

Thanks. I know all about the RZ site and points pending, posting and such, but I just wanted clarification as this is the first game I've done under this promotion.

#184 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Thanks. I know all about the RZ site and points pending, posting and such, but I just wanted clarification as this is the first game I've done under this promotion.

Yes. There's been a large rash of people posting on BBY forums wondering where their points are. Honestly, I talk with a couple BBY mods and feel bad cause they are understaffed and taking time to "research" this issue eats up their time.

Just try to stop the misconception as much as possible

#185 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Yes. There's been a large rash of people posting on BBY forums wondering where their points are. Honestly, I talk with a couple BBY mods and feel bad cause they are understaffed and taking time to "research" this issue eats up their time.

Just try to stop the misconception as much as possible

I feel you...and this was supposed to go smoother than the 5/$100 from last year. People just need to be patient. I just wanted to know when/where I should expect to see the bonus points. Maybe they need to take Enuf's advice and issue a $20 GC right when you buy it with a no return stipulation.

#186 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

I feel you...and this was supposed to go smoother than the 5/$100 from last year. People just need to be patient. I just wanted to know when/where I should expect to see the bonus points. Maybe they need to take Enuf's advice and issue a $20 GC right when you buy it with a no return stipulation.

The problem with doing that is that the $20 GC will be deducted from the game so future PMs have to be less than $40 to be eligible.

This way, although annoying at times, is simply AMAZING.

While the no return thing sounds good in theory, think of the massive mess it will be when a mom buys the wrong game, someone tries to return it as a gift etc.

And honestly this is much smoother than last year. It also spread out the problem over months instead of telling people "just wait" then all don't get it at the same time and you have to confront 1,000+ people yelling.

#187 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

I subscribed to GCU in September because I planned on getting the Borderlands 2 CE. It it was sold out and I didn't buy anything until now. Finally got my BLOPSII HE in the mail yesterday so I'm waiting for the 1000 points to post. I will remain patient.

As for the new list I'm definitely getting the Bioshock Infinite CE and The Last of Us. Tomb Raider is a maybe as is Crysis 3. Everything else is a wait and see. Keep it up BestBuy and you'll have my money :)

#188 gamereck

gamereck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

I have the newegg deals also

#189 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Woke up to the surprise of having my 1000 points from CoD:BO 2 show as posted and not pending anymore. Got my $20 rz cert. already just in time for black friday.

#190 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

No silver for me but I got alittle over $3000 points pending from black ops 2, halo 4, and assassins creed 3. C'mon hurry up and post. Anybody know how LNG the reward zone certificates r good for? Wonder if they don't post by Black Friday if I'd be able to save them till bioshock or god of war or something.

#191 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

No silver for me but I got alittle over $3000 points pending from black ops 2, halo 4, and assassins creed 3. C'mon hurry up and post. Anybody know how LNG the reward zone certificates r good for? Wonder if they don't post by Black Friday if I'd be able to save them till bioshock or god of war or something.

90 days for regular RZ, 180 days for silver.

#192 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

90 days for regular RZ, 180 days for silver.

They must have extended it, because I just printed out a RZ cert this week and it doesn't expire until June.

edit: I'm Silver

#193 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Think I will pre-order Dead Island Riptide and The Last of Us at some point for the promo.

Especially if DI is going to retail at $49.99

My points for Black Ops finally posted as pending. Funny thing is I paid for it completely with a gift card and somehow it is taking away 2 points from my 1000 because of it. lol. No big deal, it looks like it is posting as a -5 dollar transaction because of the tax.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#194 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Man, I really hope South Park is awesome. The uncertainty of THQ as a company is worrisome.

#195 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Think I will pre-order Dead Island Riptide and The Last of Us at some point for the promo.

Especially if DI is going to retail at $49.99

My points for Black Ops finally posted as pending. Funny thing is I paid for it completely with a gift card and somehow it is taking away 2 points from my 1000 because of it. lol. No big deal, it looks like it is posting as a -5 dollar transaction because of the tax.

I paid completely with a gift card and got all the points. It's a bit random.

#196 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Can anyone confirm they have received their points from pre-orders of Halo 4 or Black Ops 2? I'm not sure what the normal turnaround time is, but I recall people saying they got their Borderlands 2 points within a week or so.

EDIT: Nevermind. I completely missed the pending points on my account.

#197 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Can anyone confirm they have received their points from pre-orders of Halo 4 or Black Ops 2? I'm not sure what the normal turnaround time is, but I recall people saying they got their Borderlands 2 points within a week or so.

I received my points for Halo 4 within about a week.

#198 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Wow....

Bioshock Infinite
Last of Us
God of War: Ascension
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
GTA V

...For me. As far as I can tell that's pretty much every game I want "day 1" for the first half of next year - with one exception - Ni No Kuni.

#199 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Just like the last time, this is a great deal if you want a bunch of the games on the list.

For me, it's not worth it. I only think 2 of those games are possibly worthy of day one buys, but with the cost of the unlocked subscription and taxes, doesn't end up being a deal for me on a $ per game basis.

I'm jealous of those who are able to capitalize on this though.

#200 atlantis

atlantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

I would strongly advice against preordering Riptide unless you got a bunch of friends or you love co-op with strangers.

The first game was virtually broken when it came to single-player. I had to get a modded gun just to finish it alone.

#201 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Has anyone been told if the Collector's Edition of Injustice qualifies for this deal? I'm thinking about preordering this at GS but I'd gladly change my mind if BB was handing out a $20 certificate to go along with it. But the Collector's Edition isn't listed on their website and the gaming department at my local store had zero idea about the promo when I asked. I hate to reserve it and find out I'm not getting my bonus.
Posted Image

#202 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Has anyone been told if the Collector's Edition of Injustice qualifies for this deal? I'm thinking about preordering this at GS but I'd gladly change my mind if BB was handing out a $20 certificate to go along with it. But the Collector's Edition isn't listed on their website and the gaming department at my local store had zero idea about the promo when I asked. I hate to reserve it and find out I'm not getting my bonus.

Collectors editions work so if you can find the sku to preorder it you're good.

#203 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Is the price for Dead Island Riptide correct at $49.99? Amazon also has it at that price.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#204 humidore

humidore

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'm bummed I can't get $20 back on the PC version of Far Cry 3 :(

#205 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Is the price for Dead Island Riptide correct at $49.99? Amazon also has it at that price.

Yes. The developer (i think) said that games should be cheaper MSRP at this point of the current gen consoles

#206 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but do we get $20 in RZ + the points for buying the game which is 120 points? Thanks.

#207 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

^yes if playing with cash

#208 prmtyme

prmtyme

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

last of us for me screw everything else i will just get it on black friday 2013 lol
Lets be Friends!!

PSN: prmtyme

#209 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but do we get $20 in RZ + the points for buying the game which is 120 points? Thanks.

yes you do

Games Playing

:wii:  - The Last Story, Paper Mario

:psp: - Killzone Liberation, 3rd Birthday, Twisted Metal

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#210 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Official Bioshock Infinite Box Art. Meh...except for that American Flag burning...fake outrage in 3 2 1.

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28943
Posted Image