Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2161 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

Hmm, switched to this alternate mobile view posted in the op, so I can see the op correctly, and there's no quote, edit or page down buttons. Bummer.

#2162 canvasch

canvasch

El Chi Po

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

sorry if this has already been answered...

my gamers unlocked expires in march... i'm not sure if i'm going to renew.... if i preoder South Park before my membership expires will I still be eligible for the $20 RZ certificate?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2163 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

my gamers unlocked expires in march... i'm not sure if i'm going to renew.... if i preoder South Park before my membership expires will I still be eligible for the $20 RZ certificate?

I would also like to know the answer to this. Mine will expire on March 4th, but I have Ascension pre-ordered and figure I wouldn't renew until early late March/early April.

#2164 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

I would also like to know the answer to this. Mine will expire on March 4th, but I have Ascension pre-ordered and figure I wouldn't renew until early late March/early April.

You have to be an active member at the time of shipment/pickup to qualify for the cert.

#2165 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Well thinking I'm just going to go ahead and put a pre-order on Tomb Raider for the lady. I'm sure I will play it after she is done.

I need to do some Spring cleaning on my backlog.

#2166 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

I just noticed my Metal Gear didn't show up under my Reward Zone account, and it's been about 9 days and on the site it says to let them know if it's been past 5, if I have to let them know about it will this affect the $20 bonus I should get with it?

659629.png?68329996

#2167 chuckwagon

chuckwagon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Same problem with Metal Gear here. I sent them a message yesterday inquiring about it. I'll post if I get a response.

#2168 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

I just noticed my Metal Gear didn't show up under my Reward Zone account, and it's been about 9 days and on the site it says to let them know if it's been past 5, if I have to let them know about it will this affect the $20 bonus I should get with it?

What?

No.

Use the missing point thing on MyRewardZone before you contact help. Then wait a day. If it doesn't show up after that then call or email.

xivpads.png

#2169 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

What?

No.

Use the missing point thing on MyRewardZone before you contact help. Then wait a day. If it doesn't show up after that then call or email.

That's what I meant, on the website it says you should report purchases if they don't show up after 5 days, sorry about any confusion, was just curious if doing that was going to affect the 20$ bonus or not.

659629.png?68329996

#2170 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Crysis 3 is now pending as 0 points- no 1000 bonus for preordering

#2171 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

My MGRR transaction is pending, but there's no mention of the pre-order promo. I know I'm a member and what not. Is this the same problem others are having, or will it show up later? Might just give CS a call over the weekend to get it squared away.

I need to figure out which games to use the Certs I got from last promo on. I guess God of War, BioShock, and something else.

#2172 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

My MGRR transaction is pending, but there's no mention of the pre-order promo. I know I'm a member and what not. Is this the same problem others are having, or will it show up later? Might just give CS a call over the weekend to get it squared away.

I need to figure out which games to use the Certs I got from last promo on. I guess God of War, BioShock, and something else.

Just be patient. My DS3 transaction appeared then "cleared" without the 1000 RZ points showing, but they showed up earlier this week out of nowhere. Only start to worry if the points still haven't appeared 30-35 days after you picked up the game.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Hard] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2173 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Will BBY still price match Fry's even though there's no Fry's in my area?

#2174 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

As per the new policy that starts on the 3rd, yes they will match frys.com BUT only the day you buy the item, not post purchase.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2175 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Best Buy should PM frys.com, but that's if they follow the new PM policy starting next week. I hope they do because the $10off deal on Tomb raider is probably the best PM to do next week.

#2176 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for the replies :), just gotta hope that price sticks

#2177 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Just be patient. My DS3 transaction appeared then "cleared" without the 1000 RZ points showing, but they showed up earlier this week out of nowhere. Only start to worry if the points still haven't appeared 30-35 days after you picked up the game.

30 days is way too long to wait. If I were to take advantage of this, I'd probably put the $20 cert towards another pre-order.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#2178 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

is this "new" return/exchange/pm policy officially posted somewhere yet?

#2179 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Nope, when I was at my Best Buy that has never done me wrong I was talking to the CSR and I asked him when was it going to go public and he said on the 3rd. As in the day the new policy goes into effect is the day they are going to tell people officially, they won't get "advance warning"

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2180 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Since they changed the return policy, they should allow us to get the $20 certificate in 14 days instead of 30 lol

#2181 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

i'd expect it to be posted on BB.com early next week.

Since they changed the return policy, they should allow us to get the $20 certificate in 14 days instead of 30 lol

Actually, I guess it won't be too much longer before more pts promos will post INSTANTLY upon completion of the purchase. It's just a matter of them putting the final touches on it.
http://forums.bestbu...page/1#comments

#2182 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

they probably will make it 15 days in the future once their policy goes into effect, probably the next time they do these $20 deals

Actually, I guess it won't be too much longer before more pts promos will post INSTANTLY upon completion of the purchase. It's just a matter of them putting the final touches on it.
http://forums.bestbu...page/1#comments

where does it says they're putting the final touches on it? All I see is the guy said he would look into it, but that was over 7 months ago.

#2183 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

where does it says they're putting the final touches on it? All I see is the guy said he would look into it, but that was over 7 months ago.

I pm BB mods regarding status updates when needed. Nothing moves "fast" with BB since it's uch a large company but most of my ideax threads have moved beyond "tell us more". This one is "under review" & there's been ideas that weren't updated to "under construction" just popped up as "We did it".

BB is a "patterned" company so follow the pattern/tea leaves you can generally "read" them. Like this whole pm change it has little to do with the pm'ing & more to do with renters but it's all getting grouped together. This also is a reaction to them ending restocking fees when the old policy was updated.

Here's the two primary classic examples,

A person(s) goes on vacation & wants to take pics of course but they don't wanna use their old camera or phone. So they buy an expensive digital camera/camcorder on their credit card. They use it all throughout their trip & once they get back & upload their pics they return item. Now BB has to discount the item by at least 10% just to get rid of it.

Basically, everytime there's a big TV event like the Superbowl they get tons of people who buy the big screen TV with all the extras & enjoy it to the fulliest then they return everything. Now once again BB has to sell it for at least 10% off just to get rid of it.

They didn't get any extras like warranties since the people had no interest in actually keeping the items in the 1st place. Customers who were willing to spend on a big ticket item of that nature will generally still buy it new since there's no way for them to "know" it was just "rented" thus in order to get them to buy it the discount will usually need to be more than 10% b/c they will most certainly grab the warranty.

Not sure if you've noticed but there's been a large focus on moving the open box items recently & this is why. BB hasn't quite figured a way to keep the no restocking fees & still protect themselves effectively. The policy will help a little but they've left themselves open on the backend, I'd expect to see this new policy adjusted w/i 3-6 months b/c of it. There will also be a negative effect from the pm which will hurt them as well & that might change again too once they see it hurt more than help.

They need to stop leaving money on the table in other places & make GC profitable by following some of the better ideas that have been presented to them previously.

#2184 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I pm BB mods regarding status updates when needed. Nothing moves "fast" with BB since it's uch a large company but most of my ideax threads have moved beyond "tell us more". This one is "under review" & there's been ideas that weren't updated to "under construction" just popped up as "We did it".

BB is a "patterned" company so follow the pattern/tea leaves you can generally "read" them. Like this whole pm change it has little to do with the pm'ing & more to do with renters but it's all getting grouped together. This also is a reaction to them ending restocking fees when the old policy was updated.

Here's the two primary classic examples,

A person(s) goes on vacation & wants to take pics of course but they don't wanna use their old camera or phone. So they buy an expensive digital camera/camcorder on their credit card. They use it all throughout their trip & once they get back & upload their pics they return item. Now BB has to discount the item by at least 10% just to get rid of it.

Basically, everytime there's a big TV event like the Superbowl they get tons of people who buy the big screen TV with all the extras & enjoy it to the fulliest then they return everything. Now once again BB has to sell it for at least 10% off just to get rid of it.

They didn't get any extras like warranties since the people had no interest in actually keeping the items in the 1st place. Customers who were willing to spend on a big ticket item of that nature will generally still buy it new since there's no way for them to "know" it was just "rented" thus in order to get them to buy it the discount will usually need to be more than 10% b/c they will most certainly grab the warranty.

Not sure if you've noticed but there's been a large focus on moving the open box items recently & this is why. BB hasn't quite figured a way to keep the no restocking fees & still protect themselves effectively. The policy will help a little but they've left themselves open on the backend, I'd expect to see this new policy adjusted w/i 3-6 months b/c of it. There will also be a negative effect from the pm which will hurt them as well & that might change again too once they see it hurt more than help.

They need to stop leaving money on the table in other places & make GC profitable by following some of the better ideas that have been presented to them previously.

Judging by the good prices they offer on cowboom and most CAGs receiving near new merchandise, this explains why the sudden kneejerk reaction to shrink the return policy down to 15 days across the board.

#2185 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

I agree that people abuse the return policy (and the exchange/warrenty), but this doesn't explain the change to the price adjustment. That seemed like the ace in the whole for them. I previously only bought electronics through Best Buy because it felt safe in the event of a price drop or future sale. Now, i'd rather go to Target and use my red card and their policy.
Spoiler

#2186 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

I agree that people abuse the return policy (and the exchange/warrenty), but this doesn't explain the change to the price adjustment. That seemed like the ace in the whole for them. I previously only bought electronics through Best Buy because it felt safe in the event of a price drop or future sale. Now, i'd rather go to Target and use my red card and their policy.

I blame the video game $20 preorder deals. You buy a game for $60 get $20 in points and then price match it to a store like amazon or target for $40 2-3 weeks later. You just bought a $60 game for $20+ tax

They are losing a ton of money from that and I don't blame them at all for changing their policy, something had to be done.

#2187 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

the suits grouped both pms/returns together. They should've just adjust the policy by item not across the board like other retailers.

I blame the video game $20 preorder deals. You buy a game for $60 get $20 in points and then price match it to a store like amazon or target for $40 2-3 weeks later. You just bought a $60 game for $20+ tax

They are losing a ton of money from that and I don't blame them at all for changing their policy, something had to be done.

games are a drop in the bucket for them u never see it or media mentioned in the earnings reports. Plus, they could make GC profitable before 1 game is sold. The $20 + pm wouldn't matter

#2188 jam8611

jam8611

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

And if you pre-order Dead Island Riptide its's only 50 dollars to begin with.

#2189 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

I believe you severely overestimate how many average shoppers are even aware of pricematching, never mind use it.

#2190 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

If I pre order Tomb Raider online for in store pick up, will I be able to call up that day to PM Frys.com price?