Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2311 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Had to preorder Tomb Raider online as my store's Reward system crashed today. I've never ordered online; do they just email the code on Tuesday or something?

I'm wondering the same thing about the codes

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Wolfenstein The New Order, Kingdom Hearts Remix, Child Of Light

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#2312 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

I'm wondering the same thing about the codes

DLC and Comic book will be packaged with the game.

#2313 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

I called today because I haven't seen my Dead Space 3 $20 RWZ certificate pop up, but the normal Dead Space 3 points already hit my account. I was calling to ask if something got missed in the system or if I just needed to be more patient. She said he system showed I picked it up on the 15th when I actually got it on the 5th. She said she'd go ahead and give me a $20 certificate since she couldn't find anything noting I'd pre-ordered on her side. Plus she said that I still might get the $20 certificate for Dead Space 3.

After I hung up I got an email saying my $25 RWZ certificate was ready for use. I was just calling to see if everything was ok since I've had a few problems in the past. I didn't hassle her at all or ask for a replacement certificate. So thanks to her for doing what she didn't need to do and giving me more than I deserved.

#2314 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

ok, so there is no more pricematching on prior purchase even if i am silver member?

#2315 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

ok, so there is no more pricematching on prior purchase even if i am silver member?

Not on items purchased after April 17th as far as we know, UNLESS you are matching Best Buy's own price within the return period.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2316 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Well, I see that the normal amount of points have posted for my Metal Gear Rising preorder/purchase, but not the 1000 bonus points. Does this mean that I'm going to have to give them a call to get my $20 in certificates? I know it says to allow up to 35 days, but is that the case even if you get the normal amount of points for the purchase before then?
Posted Image

#2317 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

Well, I see that the normal amount of points have posted for my Metal Gear Rising preorder/purchase, but not the 1000 bonus points. Does this mean that I'm going to have to give them a call to get my $20 in certificates? I know it says to allow up to 35 days, but is that the case even if you get the normal amount of points for the purchase before then?

Yep, 35 days

#2318 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

If you pre-order in the store, where do you pick it up? Do you go to the store pick-up section, or just go to video games section? I got a feeling I'm not gonna get the comic book or DLC.

#2319 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

If you pre-order in the store, where do you pick it up? Do you go to the store pick-up section, or just go to video games section? I got a feeling I'm not gonna get the comic book or DLC.

Ya pick it up where they have the "in store pickup"sign, usually up front, or at the customer service

#2320 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

I just joined. When can I expect the email with the new digital magazine?

#2321 MissRiot0721

MissRiot0721

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

I pre-ordered Tomb Raider online if I sign up for the Unlocked Membership can I still get the $20GC? Also do I still get the pre-order bonus when I pick it up or is it emailed to me?

#2322 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

Not on items purchased after April 17th as far as we know, UNLESS you are matching Best Buy's own price within the return period.

I am not quite sure what this mean.

If Best Buy lowers a price on a product (online or in-store) we will allow price-matching up to 15 days following the original purchase. This applies to all customers including Reward Zone Premier Silver members. Please note: After a transition period for Reward Zone Premier Silver members through April 18, 2013, the 15 day period of the Price Match policy goes into effect (post-purchase – Best Buy only).

Does that mean if i buy a game the coming tuesday, I can still price match till 4/17?

#2323 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

Damn instore pickup option is gone for Tomb Raider pre-order :-(

If I pre-order instore can I still get the $20 RZ reward?

#2324 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Damn instore pickup option is gone for Tomb Raider pre-order :-(

If I pre-order instore can I still get the $20 RZ reward?

Yes; if you can preorder in-store still (dunno if the kiosk will let you) and you do so Sunday or Monday, you'll get the $20 in RZ points.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2325 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Yes; if you can preorder in-store still (dunno if the kiosk will let you) and you do so Sunday or Monday, you'll get the $20 in RZ points.

Thanks mate! I'll swing by the store tomorrow. I just got lazy! :D

#2326 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

How long is the user ID for the magazine? Trying to determine if it's one of the numbers on the receipt. Trying to access the magazine and coupons. No emails yet.

#2327 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Is the post purchase price match initially extended for Reward Zone Premier Silver customers?

Yes. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013.

Premiere Silver members still have a little over a month before the PM nerf hits us. Getting a rep over the phone to understand this may be ymmv. :roll:

#2328 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

Premiere Silver members still have a little over a month before the PM nerf hits us. Getting a rep over the phone to understand this may be ymmv. :roll:

Can you provide a link to that source? I'd like to have it handy when I call in to PM. Thanks.

Edited by Dund3r, 03 March 2013 - 06:51 AM.

"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#2329 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

Can you provide a link to that source? I'd like to have it handy when I call in to PM. Thanks.

Best Buy Low Price Guarantee FAQs

I also added a section with info relating to the new PM policy in the OP.

#2330 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

I'm confused... so the PM policy is going from 60 to 15 days? If so that is completely awful and ruins the point of Silver...

#2331 Dund3r

Dund3r

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

Best Buy Low Price Guarantee FAQs

I also added a section with info relating to the new PM policy in the OP.

Thanks for the link htz.

I'm confused... so the PM policy is going from 60 to 15 days? If so that is completely awful and ruins the point of Silver...

Read the OP. PM other competitors at the time of sale only; 15 days to PM applies only to Best Buy prices. Silver is still useful because you still have 60 days to return and you are still earning 25% more points. But yes, all we Silver members will miss 60 days to PM.

#2332 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hey Dund3r,
Don't get too excited like I did, I just realize the extended price matching period for silver members only works on Best Buy's prices. If you want to price match a competitor you still have to do it when you purchase the product. So essentially Best Buy already nerfed competitor price matching for everyone starting today. :-(

Is the post purchase price match initially extended for Reward Zone Premier Silver customers?

Yes. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013.

Notice the part in red I highlighted...

#2333 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

Hey Dund3r,
Don't get too excited like I did, I just realize the extended price matching period for silver members only works on Best Buy's prices. If you want to price match a competitor you still have to do it when you purchase the product. So essentially Best Buy already nerfed competitor price matching for everyone starting today. :-(

*sigh* So I'll have to hope I can PM Kmart's $15 gaming coupon for Tomb Raider, or failing that, hope that BBY has it on sale within two months...which might happen, given how quickly Deus Ex: Human Revolution dropped in price.

That does make everything clearer, though; thanks for pointing that out.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2334 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Ya pick it up where they have the "in store pickup"sign, usually up front, or at the customer service

Ok, thanks!!

#2335 Dund3r

Dund3r

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hey Dund3r,

ugh...you are right - on first glance I definitely read it as allowing PMing to all competitors until April 18! Well, I think I'll still buy games from this promo on Day 1 until pre-April 18, but I am a little more hesitant now. Thanks for the heads up.

Definitely a good news/bad news situation...

Edited by Dund3r, 03 March 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#2336 GuyManDude

GuyManDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Got a Best Buy question:

I want to buy a Zodiac blu-ray, but it's backlogged online, and my local store doesn't have one. However, some of the other stores around do (they're 100-150 miles away though). Does Best Buy do store-to-store orders? Or will I have to put in an online order and wait for more stock?

Thanks in advance.

Note: Amazon is almost the same price ($11.24 vs $10 @ BB) but I don't have anything else to get right now for free shipping.

Edit: Nevermind, the BB price went up to $13. Guess I need to find something else to buy @ Amazon.

Edited by GuyManDude, 03 March 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#2337 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Is anyone's crysis 3 1000 point bonus pending yet?

#2338 GuyManDude

GuyManDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

New question:

Dead Island Riptide steelbook. It's giving me the option to pre-order the game for store pickup and ship the steelbook in the mail (no pickup option for the steelbook). Should I be wary of that? In other words, should I set both to ship via mail just in case, or is there no problem shipping one item and holding the other in store? I haven't done an order like this before.

#2339 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Is anyone's crysis 3 1000 point bonus pending yet?

My transaction won't even display it lol, I can't add it either.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#2340 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

New question:

Dead Island Riptide steelbook. It's giving me the option to pre-order the game for store pickup and ship the steelbook in the mail (no pickup option for the steelbook). Should I be wary of that? In other words, should I set both to ship via mail just in case, or is there no problem shipping one item and holding the other in store? I haven't done an order like this before.

I did it that way for Assassin's Creed 3 and they shipped me the steelbook no problem and then I just picked up the game in store. My points all posted properly.