Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#211 htz

htz

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Official Bioshock Infinite Box Art. Meh...except for that American Flag burning...fake outrage in 3 2 1.

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=28943

Posted Image

He looks like an older Nathan Drake.

#212 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Just like the last time, this is a great deal if you want a bunch of the games on the list.

For me, it's not worth it. I only think 2 of those games are possibly worthy of day one buys, but with the cost of the unlocked subscription and taxes, doesn't end up being a deal for me on a $ per game basis.

I'm jealous of those who are able to capitalize on this though.

Not true at all the previous 5 for $100 was like that b/c u had to get 5 games. Maybe ur gaming taste are too niche that no gaming program could satisfy u since u only think 2 off all the top releases are day 1 worthy. But if ur saying paying full price on day isn't ur move ok however $40 or less is very easy via 60 day pm(silver status is quite easy to achieve & u would only pay $80 in "real" $). If u know of a way to get games for a better deal than $40 or less + $20 credit day 1 I'd like to know.

Also, having the ability to get $43 back in credit for the game which when done correctly would make the next title "free" u could float the 1st purchase amount throughout the whole promo thus never really paying for games going forward for a while & ur not going to find a better deal than that.

#213 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Is there a "soft" cut off time for pre-orders for Tuesday releases? I just tried to pre-order :ps3:Far Cry 3 in-store and the SKU on the pre-order slip (from the pre-order box/kiosk) was for the full game. They had to dig for the pre-order SKU so I could just put $5 down instead of the whole $60. I wanted it this way so I could pick it up on Wednesday for the 2X points.

#214 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

I have a noob quesion. Can I use the 20 certificate on an amazom gift card purchase?

#215 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

I have a noob quesion. Can I use the 20 certificate on an amazom gift card purchase?

Yep. I think the only thing they won't allow is a BBY gift card. That is usually what I do with mine. I buy Kindle cards so I can use them whenever I want.

#216 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

This promo really sucks when you're not interested in any of the games that qualify for it. :/

#217 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

This promo really sucks when you're not interested in any of the games that qualify for it. :/

Yea. I wonder why DMC isn't part of it.

elessar123.png

#218 ninjabenja

ninjabenja

Where do I put my title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Is there a "soft" cut off time for pre-orders for Tuesday releases? I just tried to pre-order :ps3:Far Cry 3 in-store and the SKU on the pre-order slip (from the pre-order box/kiosk) was for the full game. They had to dig for the pre-order SKU so I could just put $5 down instead of the whole $60. I wanted it this way so I could pick it up on Wednesday for the 2X points.

I had the same thing happen when I was preordering yesterday. They couldn't just scan the preorder printout. They had to find the promo flyer and scan that.
The issue was chalked up as FC3 being the last preorder still available on the old preorder system, while the new "place any dollar amount $5 and above" system is now live.

#219 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Wanted to preorder Dead Space 3 tonight with my new points, but the Xbox version is out of stock??? Noticed a few other preorder games are out of stock as well, anyone know why?

#220 htz

htz

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Wanted to preorder Dead Space 3 tonight with my new points, but the Xbox version is out of stock??? Noticed a few other preorder games are out of stock as well, anyone know why?

It was cause they were sold for $5 mistakenly. They haven't open them up for pre-order since that incident last month.

#221 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

It was cause they were sold for $5 mistakenly. They haven't open them up for pre-order since that incident last month.

AH. I assume all those $5 orders were canceled? Or did some people actually luck out?

#222 htz

htz

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

AH. I assume all those $5 orders were canceled? Or did some people actually luck out?

They were all canceled within 24 hours, I was one of the few who tried.

#223 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

I had zero interest in Far Cry 3 until I saw the video posted on the last page, then I preordered it ASAP. That video, was very well done and will sell you immediately.
Posted Image

#224 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

I had zero interest in Far Cry 3 until I saw the video posted on the last page, then I preordered it ASAP. That video, was very well done and will sell you immediately.

I agree with you 100%, a couple months ago I thought this game was going to be another assassins creed/red dead redemption wanna-be (although there a bunch of similarities, far cry still seems unique), now after watching a few videos and reviews and seeing how the map is huge and the atmosphere looks beautiful, definately made me change my mind and preordered ASAP. Oh and the mushroom trip scene looks fun too lol reminded me of the uncharted 3 drug trip part

#225 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

For anyone interested, Best Buy added the God of War Ascension Collectors Edition to their website finally.

#226 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

If anyone has not picked up their Far Cry 3 xbox pre-order, there is a small $56.99 pm if you're interested at Sears.com.

Far Cry 3 xbox @sears.com

#227 mpaullin

mpaullin

Standby for Dishwasher Livestream

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Kinda sad to see the other thread locked up after all this time. Oh well, guess I'll be moving on in here.

#228 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

If anyone has not picked up their Far Cry 3 xbox pre-order, there is a small $56.99 pm if you're interested at Sears.com.

Far Cry 3 xbox @sears.com

Someone on the BBY forums is claiming Nebraska Furniture Mart has Farcry 3 for $35.

I looked at the ads online but don't see what he is talking about.

#229 KongaKing

KongaKing

He who will save us all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

FYI far cry is 49.99 at frys.com . I PMed at best buy earlier

#230 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

well since the other thread got closed, anybody check into the DLC, from the forums it seems like people who did an online in store pickup order are not getting their dlc codes.

#231 GRAYFIREFOX

GRAYFIREFOX

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Bioshock does not worth day 1 as it has no MP mode per the dev interview.

I might just get the Last of Us only as the MGSR will be bought from Amazon Japan for their nice limited edition.

#232 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

do not be that guy.:cry:

#233 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

I might just get the Last of Us only as the MGSR will be bought from Amazon Japan for their nice limited edition.

I guess Skyrim shouldn't have been a day 1 buy as it doesn't have MP either...

#234 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Please add Ni No Kuni to this list Best Buy!

#235 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

You lame gamers who think EVERY game needs to compete with call of duty online fragfest are the reason why bioshock 2 metroid prime 2 and dead space all had tacked on mp modes that took away from time to make the core game better

Don't buy bioshock infinite, go enjoy ninja gaiden 3 they added a death match mode JUST for ppl like you

#236 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

So why are you getting The Last of Us then? Your argument is flawed.

#237 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

Haven't been on CAG reg. for a while but I don't know if people where aware that you could take the pre-order ticket for FarCry 3 over the weekend & it would ring the game up not just the $5 pre-order. I guess to some getting the game a few days early would be great but I'd caution against it since it would shrink ur pm window.

Top tier titles w/credit deals that u have no interest in are an easy way to increase ur RZ points, credit, profit... Sell the game for $40-$50 cash/credit even on CAG then pm it later to below the amount u sold it for & keep the $20 credit + RZ points.

#238 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Halo 4 will be on sale at Kmart for 40$ starting sun the 9th through the 15th , I already pm'd it to 50 but after getting back another 10$ basically payed 20 bucks for it ... Friggin sweet . Got 6 games from the first round and with the new additions for 2013 I'd have to say the 15$ for the gcu is the best 15 bucks I ever spent !

#239 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Anybody who ordered online (shipped) get there preorder bonus code yet?

#240 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

FYI far cry is 49.99 at frys.com . I PMed at best buy earlier

I was able to PM on the phone, but they said that they would give me $20 back because they thought the PC price was the PS3 price so yea I got Far Cry 3 for $39.99. One of the best games I've played so far! :D

700303.png

9.gif