Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2461 joogle

joogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

I am deciding whether i should get Last of Us, .... decisions...decisions... any input

and i do, is the survival edition worth it?

#2462 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

Paid for crysis 3 entirely in gift cards. Between getting 20 back in PM and the rz cert, it only cost me 20!

Now will use that 40 to get tomb raider or metal gear rising once it goes on sale for 39.99

#2463 joogle

joogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

i decided to order regular edition of last of us, since it's suppose to include dlc that's also in the survival edition.

.. wait -- i don't see the dlc listed on bestbuy site, sony said the dlc will be for all pre-orders through any retailer, and bestbuy was one of them.

i hope to get the dlc

#2464 plastik3000

plastik3000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

I wasn't able to price match Crysis 3 to Gamestop's 39.99 price, because they don't list it as the Hunter Edition. So I asked to match Amazon.com instead, as they have it for the same price and the picture shows the Hunter Edition.

#2465 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

So I can go into the store and get a price match for my crisis 3 tomorrow, since I bought it before March 2nd?

#2466 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

my metal gear/crysis still hasn't posted yet.. even for the regular points

is that happening to others too?

#2467 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

my metal gear/crysis still hasn't posted yet.. even for the regular points

is that happening to others too?

Yes. Seems like anyone that got anything ont he 19th wont show on the user end but shows on their end. I bought Game of Thrones season 2 on that same day ina different transaction and its not showing either but they told me that both of my items show as pending on their end.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#2468 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

Called and got my dead space 3 points earlier, no hassle, went smoothly.

#2469 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Anyone else get a mystery $5 rz cert?

#2470 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

I got one too. Expires next week.

#2471 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

So here's an interesting situation... pre-ordered both Crysis and MGR. Picked them up on the same day, together on one receipt.

Transaction is listed as pending. Detail shows base points (for both), unlocked double points (for both), and MGR bonus all pending, but not Crysis bonus. Anyone else pickup two pre-orders together and have a similar issue?

I picked up MGR and Crysis in the same transaction and my point details are the same as yours.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. So here's the update, the transaction cleared out of pending last night. Got the MGR bonus, no bonus for Crysis.
Posted Image

#2472 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Called and got my Crysis PMd. Now if only the 2/19 purchase and bonus points would show up.

FYI, Crysis 3 trade-in is $15 right now ($30 w/100% bonus). Now I gotta run over there and trade this turd in. So $10 out of pocket got me a copy of Crysis 1, $20 in certs, and the joy of playing this crappy ass game.

#2473 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

So I guess the reviews for GoW: Ascension are starting to roll out. Overall mixed bag I guess. Right now it has a 80/100 on Metacritic. Adam Sesslar of Rev3 gave it a 3/5. I guess there is a section right before the last boss he said was almost impossible for him to complete (took 6 hours) and you are unable to lower difficulty mid game. There is also a Trophy that is causing quite the talk among reviewers. Here is his video review but there may be minor spoilers so beware.

Edited by cancerman1120, 07 March 2013 - 07:23 PM.
Correcting the Metacritic score

#2474 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

So I guess the reviews for GoW: Ascension are starting to roll out. Overall mixed bag I guess. Right now it has a 79/100 on Metacritic. Adam Sesslar of Rev3 gave it a 3/5. I guess there is a section right before the last boss he said was almost impossible for him to complete (took 6 hours) and you are unable to lower difficulty mid game. There is also a Trophy that is causing quite the talk among reviewers. Here is his video review but there may be minor spoilers so beware.

i am surprise there is no embargo on the review till close to release date

#2475 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

wtf 6 hrs? If it's that hard i may need to change difficulty early on. Weird since GoW is an easy game to play.

#2476 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

20 minutes wasted at best buy trying to preorder bioshock, couldn't do it. Had to stand next to some chick, prob a CAG or at least an SDer trying to pm tomb raider and other stuff and confusing the hell out of the poor cashier lol. Ugh she was annoying

#2477 Kanokare

Kanokare

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Yes. Seems like anyone that got anything ont he 19th wont show on the user end but shows on their end. I bought Game of Thrones season 2 on that same day ina different transaction and its not showing either but they told me that both of my items show as pending on their end.

Same. Thing is when I checked my account history on the RZ phone app, the purchases were shown on there.

If you are new to GMG and want to receive 2 dollar credit after your first purchase of over 2 dollars, use this REFERRAL.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming - My Youtube channel :)

76561197990616966.png     uc.png

#2478 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

wtf 6 hrs? If it's that hard i may need to change difficulty early on. Weird since GoW is an easy game to play.

you could always do multiple playthroughs on different difficulty levels.

#2479 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I got one too. Expires next week.

They gave these out again?
Nothing for me, never got those mystery certs, it is such a mystery to me.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2480 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

20 minutes wasted at best buy trying to preorder bioshock, couldn't do it. Had to stand next to some chick, prob a CAG or at least an SDer trying to pm tomb raider and other stuff and confusing the hell out of the poor cashier lol. Ugh she was annoying

PM'ing Tomb Raider to what? Only place not MSRP is that Tanga deal from last night.

#2481 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Off topic -ish, but hope somebody can help me out: Can I renew my GCU using a RZ cert?
TIA

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2482 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

you could always do multiple playthroughs on different difficulty levels.

Yeah but i'm not keen on spending more than an hour to get past a boss.

#2483 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

Off topic -ish, but hope somebody can help me out: Can I renew my GCU using a RZ cert?
TIA

Yep. $10 max cert of course.

#2484 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Yeah but i'm not keen on spending more than an hour to get past a boss.

you should take it with a grain of salt from the review you saw, the guy reviewing it clearly said he is not a gamer/ pro at god of war series. I doubt a fan like you of the series, will have problem with it.

#2485 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

PM'ing Tomb Raider to what? Only place not MSRP is that Tanga deal from last night.

Not really sure, she was showing the guy something on her phone. She was wheeling and dealing lol. I tried to do a pm with a coupon, and she told my cashier that it wasn't allowed, I'm like Wtf, are you telling on me? Lol

#2486 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

not really sure, she was showing the guy something on her phone. She was wheeling and dealing lol. I tried to do a pm with a coupon, and she told my cashier that it wasn't allowed, i'm like wtf, are you telling on me? Lol

lol

#2487 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Yep. $10 max cert of course.

Thanks Donut.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2488 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Picked up my pre-order of Tomb Raider today and I was having issues with the $5 deposit not being taken off the final price as well. They did a price correction for me and hopefully that doesn't interfere with my $20 RZ cert.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#2489 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

you should take it with a grain of salt from the review you saw, the guy reviewing it clearly said he is not a gamer/ pro at god of war series. I doubt a fan like you of the series, will have problem with it.

Yes but it is the first time he has ever had this issue in reviewing a game. When he tweeted about it in general terms (did not mention the game in name) he had several other reviewers tweet back saying they knew the section he was referring to. In the end he needed help. Sessler in my opinion is one of the better critics out there. It will still end up getting the game but i thought I would just mention this to everyone. He does say vets of the series should be able to complete it faster than he did.

#2490 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

GoW:A will drop to $10-20 within a year. No point in gambling with BBY to hope to get to that price, especially with the stricter policy. Not a knock of the quality of the game...it happens to all GoW titles and the multiplayer aspect of this one doesn't seem compelling enough to keep it from plummeting in value, much like Kratos keeps plummeting down to hell ;p